Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:More the nerve and bottle than standard that's impressive. Standard can worked on on a practice table but it's hard to practice temperament.

It's only at the end that he held himself together and showed some bottle, which is obviously the best time to show it. Before that though he was clearly bricking it and fluffed several easy chances to win the match before he finally did do so. Ding let him off the hook big time in that last frame.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh on the kid, perhaps he will go onto to become a top player and not just a one hit wonder.

Postby gcjdavid

Cloud Strife wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:Oi dudes, go to sleep now, it's 2 am! If you get sick, you don't get to watch Last 16! :-)

It's still early yet.

It depends on what you mean early. Anyways, it's just a gentle reminder.

Postby Cloud Strife

gcjdavid wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:Oi dudes, go to sleep now, it's 2 am! If you get sick, you don't get to watch Last 16! :-)

It's still early yet.

It depends on what you mean early. Anyways, it's just a gentle reminder.

I know, mate. I know.

For me this is the best time of the day for snooker related discussion. If only there were a few others around. Normally Vodka is around at this time of the night, sometimes Andre as well.

Postby SnookerFan

NNear wrote:So many wrote off Cahill for this decider -- even if they didn't say it I'm sure many felt it.

Watch out!

I'd written him off at 5-4. I thought he'd struggle to cross the line.

All credit too him.

Postby Clara8633

Allen :shock:

I retired to bed when they were at 2-4. Wonder when they finished?

So instead of the Allen v Trump match that everyone wished for, we've got Lawler v Trump rofl

Postby TheSaviour

What a performance from Neil Robertson! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: That was "a total snooker" how I would describe that. Similar to "a total football" what people like Johan Cruyff, George Best and Michel Platini were able to play. That was just incredible and outstanding from Neil. His potting, positional shots and safety were all just a resiliently good all the way. There was not a much Peter Ebdon could do there. Even if he was responding brilliantly. Stating that, Peter hardly can learn anything from that. It will be just a case of trying to be putting in some hard practice and swimming like he has always done. Just trying to prepare well for the further big tournaments.

Obviously I slightly misunderstood something when being a critical about Neil´s recent playing. And same with the Judd, what a centuries he amassed against Patrick. I just slightly misunderstood something.