Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

well using Ali Carter in that way would really be a case of using cancer for publicity i think that would be disgusting.

Postby AC or LT?

Wildey wrote:well using Ali Carter in that way would really be a case of using cancer for publicity i think that would be disgusting.

In what way, they could have been looking at him as a potential pundit before the whole cancer scare thing. They'll have been looking for younger players to join the team given the younger grouping of their pundits finished there prime over a decade ago.

Postby hendry_fan

AC or LT? wrote:Anyone else think Fu v Lyu Haotion would be a better streamed match than Selby v Morris?

Not really,but i,ll be watchin the Jimmy/Ding match anyway.

Hopefully Selbs will win it,or at least go far in this tourney,so we,ll be able to watch him in action after today. :-D
Last edited by hendry_fan on 29 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AC or LT?

At the end of the day Selby v Morris is a foregone conclusion, Fu has a very real chance of being eliminated similarly with Higgins, the more competitive matches should be streamed.

Ding v Jimmy and one of the Higgins and Fu matches would have made more sense, and I say this as a Selby fan.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/541320/snooker-Stephen-Hendry-retirement-return-news

Apparently Hendry thinking of using this Barry Mates Card next season.

Hope to god he doesn't hes finished time to forget these Fossils and get behind younger players.

I had a feeling we would hear something like this, looks like he will indeed return sooner or later. I expect him to play in the 2016 World Championship.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:At the end of the day Selby v Morris is a foregone conclusion, Fu has a very real chance of being eliminated similarly with Higgins, the more competitive matches should be streamed.

Ding v Jimmy and one of the Higgins and Fu matches would have made more sense, and I say this as a Selby fan.

Yes I agree AC, I too will watch Jimmy's match, maybe having an eye Selby's but that one is a foregone conclusion.so too is Jimmy's match but that one at least should be more exciting.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:ill probably watch the Ding match too just to see if Jimmy can string anything together.

Good on ya Wild!. <ok>

I think deep down our Wild still has a bit of a soft spot for the fossils of snooker. ;-) :-D

Postby Wildey

John Higgins 2-0 Jamie Cope
Ding Junhui 0-1 Jimmy White
Marco Fu 2-0 Lyu Haotion
David Morris 1-0 Mark Selby
Sports Hall
Matthew Stevens 0-2 Gerard Greene
Fraser Patrick 1-1 Ryan Day
Michael Holt 0-1 Dechawat Poomjaeng
David Gilbert 1-1 Mark Joyce

Postby hendry_fan

I luv how JV just said,..."there,s more to snooker than pottin balls and breakbuilding",with Hendry sat next to him in the commentary box. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Looks like the Higgins of old has turned up today. Two big breaks to go 2-0 up on Cope.

he turns up consistently each event but just cant sustain it round by round.