Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:what the buck? ronnie twisted his ankle right before the real snooker fest begins? Uk, then Masters, Welsh etc: Everything in doubt. Hope recovers till the WC ;-)

Christ like Skull said it's "just" a broken ankle, he'll recover well I'm sure, and even if he doesn't the Masters certainly wouldn't be in jeopardy.

Your're acting like Ronnie broke both his arms and legs... just chill, unless you want me to mention THAT pink... <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Peter Ebdon 6-5 Ross Muir
Robert Milkins 6-0 Michael Leslie
Graeme Dott 6-2 Alexander Ursenbacher
Barry Hawkins 6-1 Ashley Carty
Sports Hall
Kurt Maflin 6-1 Chris Norbury
Marcus Campbell 5-4 Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton 5-3 Chris Steadman
Nigel Bond 6-3 Stuart Carrington

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:what the buck? ronnie twisted his ankle right before the real snooker fest begins? Uk, then Masters, Welsh etc: Everything in doubt. Hope recovers till the WC ;-)

Christ like Skull said it's "just" a broken ankle, he'll recover well I'm sure, and even if he doesn't the Masters certainly wouldn't be in jeopardy.

Your're acting like Ronnie broke both his arms and legs... just chill, unless you want me to mention THAT pink... <laugh>

Where does it say that his ankle is broken? It's certainly swollen but we don't know much apart from that.

I expect him to play on Thursday, no way he will miss this.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Where does it say that his ankle is broken? It's certainly swollen but we don't know much apart from that.

Well here it says it's swollen

http://www.snooker-news.com/category/ma ... 411250006/

But here it says it's broken

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ro ... 42576.html

but judging by the image on the first link it's just swollen, so he can recover in time, i hope :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Well here it says it's swollen

http://www.snooker-news.com/category/ma ... 411250006/

But here it says it's broken

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ro ... 42576.html

but judging by the image on the first link it's just swollen, so he can recover in time, i hope :gag:

Do you think he would play (worst case only of course) in a wheelchair?

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Quick question; can you walk out between frames to take a snake hiss etc? Is it more relaxed on this in the pre-tv stage?

I can't remember from last year.

:anyone:

You can do it but not too often and abusive of course. For instance, I've seen Robbo doing it a couple of times when the frame was live, Ebdon too I've seen him do it, others do it aswell, but this only happens if the frames have say more than 40, 50 minutes and so on.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Quick question; can you walk out between frames to take a snake hiss etc? Is it more relaxed on this in the pre-tv stage?

I can't remember from last year.

:anyone:

You can do it but not too often and abusive of course. For instance, I've seen Robbo doing it a couple of times when the frame was live, Ebdon too I've seen him do it, others do it aswell, but this only happens if the frames have say more than 40, 50 minutes and so on.

Sorry should have clarified I meant as an audience member.

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:I assume it should be easier if you keep to the back. Roland would be the best to ask because he was there last year.

Best place to sit is in the balcony well out of the way and better seats than down tableside IMO

Postby AC or LT?

PLtheRef wrote:
Skullman wrote:I assume it should be easier if you keep to the back. Roland would be the best to ask because he was there last year.

Best place to sit is in the balcony well out of the way and better seats than down tableside IMO

I thought you weren't allowed to sit in the balcony as it was for players families, press etc?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow.

Good for you then that you get to watch it at the venue.

Do you live near York?

Study at the uni, so I get student discounts for the early as well.