Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Wilson is playing against Wilson lol.

At least that's not a BBC stage match, could you imagine the commentry.

Have Davis and Davis or White and White or Lines and Lines or for that ever played each other on a TV match?

Sometimes the players are called by their first names instead. In this case, Kyren and Gary.

Postby AC or LT?

Steve Davis wrote:He added: "When I turn up I am not really thinking like a winning snooker player - like a whipper-snapper - thinking 'I have a great chance of beating a top player like Ricky Walden'.
"I am just sort of turning up. I know that is wrong but I can't help it. When they sent the entry forms [for York], I just signed. Then when I got here I thought, 'why did I sign that?'
"This will be the worst, longest retirement in history. It will go on forever."

Well Steve if you're mate hadn't thrown you the wildcard you wouldn't be hanging around. You're being had mate, you sell the tickets and you don't even get paid.

Postby Muppet147

The Cueist wrote:Just read on beeb sports new that Ronnie may not play his next match.
Says he is in pain and did not enjoy any of it as he cannot get down on his shots properly.

So I wouldnt be surprised if he retires from this years uk.
Cant say I blame him.

Hope he wins the tournament on one leg.

Postby PLtheRef

AC or LT? wrote:Just noticed noticed there is no morning session on Saturday, I'm sure there was last year, no?

Weren't four matches held over last year

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 4-0 Joe O'Connor
Michael White 2-1 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 1-3 James Wattana
Stephen Maguire 4-0 Lu Ning
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 2-2 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 1-0 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 3-0 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 1-1 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby Andre147

7.30pm

Neil Robertson 4-0 Joe O'Connor streaming
Michael White 3-1 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 1-3 James Wattana streaming
Stephen Maguire 4-0 Lu Ning
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 2-2 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 1-0 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 3-0 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 1-1 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:I Have no doubt that Ronnie is in pain but its not broken and it would be a tad Wimpy to pull out.

If it was broken he wouldn't even be able to walk, nevermind play a competitive match.

But he's in pain no doubt, and I know from previous experience a sore ankle takes quite a bit of time to recover, at the very least a week before you can do your normal routines and a month or so before you can be at 100%.

Postby Wildey

nobody expects him to be at 100% but wouldn't it be throwing a challange to the rest of the field "beat the cripple if you can"

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:nobody expects him to be at 100% but wouldn't it be throwing a challange to the rest of the field "beat the cripple if you can"

Hendry won the Worlds when he hurt his arm or whatever it was so no reason for Ronnie not to win this UK <laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:nobody expects him to be at 100% but wouldn't it be throwing a challange to the rest of the field "beat the cripple if you can"

Hendry won the Worlds when he hurt his arm or whatever it was so no reason for Ronnie not to win this UK <laugh>

Different era, mate. <ok>

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Yeah! Different era nowadays .

yeah... but wait until hendry-fan reads this rofl

He'll come out with his usual Hendry's titles and Finals v Ronnie's titles and Finals :zzz: pmsl

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Yeah! Different era nowadays .

yeah... but wait until hendry-fan reads this rofl

He'll come out with his usual Hendry's titles and Finals v Ronnie's titles and Finals :zzz: pmsl

Maybe he has a Google Alert for important key words here on Snooker Island <laugh>

Yeah maybe <laugh>