Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Cannonball wrote:You give this forum a bad name! As for snooker fans, they're overwhelmingly behind Ronnie, just look at the scene when he walks in to the auditorium; snooker fans love him. Only the blind and the senile persist in denying it. And those from Scotland and Wales. Sad losers.

There's loving Ronnie and being an over the top fanboy.

im sure that Andre and Snooker Overdrive is embarrassed by suck twattness.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:So, another decent evening at the snooker. Robbo wasn't great but O'Connor was awful. On the bright side, I managed to bring a friend along who was interested in snooker. I promptly bet him that O'Connor wouldn't win a frame and got a tenner off him.

Murphy was iffy, some flashes of last weekend's form, but mostly just helped by Wattana's mistakes after the MSI. Mags played well, although Lu Ning didn't really put him under much pressure from frames 3 to 6. Didn't catch any of the sport halls matches as I have to get early tomorrow. Another day maybe.

PS Sounds like O'Connor brought a big entourage with him, were calling 'C'mon Joe' half the time he was at the table. Really helped :roll:

Glad you're enjoying your snooker mate, it really is diferent watching it at the venue isn't it...

Yeah O'Connor couldnt do a thing, Robbo was all over the place but Joe managed to be even worse, couldnt even win a bloddy frame, Robbo was lucky to have won 6-0.

Anyway, Last 128 round almost complete, fingers crossed Ronnie plays his next match, things aren't looking good for him but at least he only plays on Sunday evening.

Postby vodkadiet

Thank goodness Carter lost!

Maybe there won't be that BBC over the top 'Carter has had cancer and recovered' borefest now.

As for O'Sullivan, I see he is already running(or hobbling)scared of Lines!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Thank goodness Carter lost!

Maybe there won't be that BBC over the top 'Carter has had cancer and recovered' borefest now.

I just knew you would say that Vodka, glad you didn't disappoint rofl

He's his nemesis isn't he pmsl if Ronnie plays, he'll thrash him, a best of 11 at UK Champs is way diferent than some PTC match :wave:

Postby Wildey

buck sakes Ronnie cant do anything right brigade and i want to have Ronnies Babies brigade are out in force tonight.

Give it a rest.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:buck sakes Ronnie cant do anything right brigade and i want to have Ronnies Babies brigade are out in force tonight.

Give it a rest.

Who snake hissed in your cornflakes, Wildey?

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Thank goodness Carter lost!

I just knew you would say that Vodka, glad you didn't disappoint rofl

He's his nemesis isn't he pmsl if Ronnie plays, he'll thrash him, a best of 11 at UK Champs is way diferent than some PTC match :wave:

O'Sullivan has been constantly saying that snooker has been getting in the way of his running, now running has been getting in the way of his snooker!

Lines is through to the 3rd round whether O'Sullivan turns up or not. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:So, another decent evening at the snooker. Robbo wasn't great but O'Connor was awful. On the bright side, I managed to bring a friend along who was interested in snooker. I promptly bet him that O'Connor wouldn't win a frame and got a tenner off him.

Murphy was iffy, some flashes of last weekend's form, but mostly just helped by Wattana's mistakes after the MSI. Mags played well, although Lu Ning didn't really put him under much pressure from frames 3 to 6. Didn't catch any of the sport halls matches as I have to get early tomorrow. Another day maybe.

PS Sounds like O'Connor brought a big entourage with him, were calling 'C'mon Joe' half the time he was at the table. Really helped :roll:

Glad you're enjoying your snooker mate, it really is diferent watching it at the venue isn't it...

Yeah O'Connor couldnt do a thing, Robbo was all over the place but Joe managed to be even worse, couldnt even win a bloddy frame, Robbo was lucky to have won 6-0.

Anyway, Last 128 round almost complete, fingers crossed Ronnie plays his next match, things aren't looking good for him but at least he only plays on Sunday evening.

Robbo looked really downbeat which is understandable. It's been a tragic day for Australian sport.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 27th of November

7.30pm

Neil Robertson 6-0 Joe O'Connor
Michael White 6-2 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 6-3 James Wattana
Stephen Maguire 6-2 Lu Ning
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 6-5 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 6-2 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 6-4 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 6-2 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby SnookerFan

I'm busy tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch Ding vs Jimmy. Which is a bit of a shame. But saying that, much though I like Ding, it'll be depressing if he thrashes a once great player.

Catch some in the evening. Round a mates house, so we may well end up watching Judd Tramp. See how it goes.

Postby hendry_fan

I see Some Ronnie over the top fan boys have been out again trying to devalue Hendrys wins.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!.

One could try to twist n turn things endlessly in order to favour Ronnie,but fact is,he,s still country miles behind Hendrys titles/finals appearences. <laugh>

It,s very easy to sit in your armchairs and just put all Hendrys achievements due to a "weak era",but winning any pro ranking tourney is a feat itself and really should be respected.

It,s funny that few,if any Ronnie fans never,or seldom like to mention the fact that most of the players have played,been and still are playing rubbish against him,if they played like that against Hendry,he would have have also beaten them comfortably.

It,s actualy sickening the amount of times Ronnies opponnents haven,nt turned up,were,nt on song,were way off there usual form,played garbage against him,he,s been extremely lucky,his luck will run out sooner or later though.

It,s not as if Ronnie blows his opponents off the table every time he plays,he,s like most of the other players,inconsistent,of course there are some matches which he indeed did,does blow them off the table,but i,ve witnessed tons and tons of matches where his opponents were even so bad,even most of the players of the 80,s,never mind the 90,s played to a much higher standard than they served up against him.

All this bulls**t about the standard bein so high these days is pure drivvel,i would have loved to have seen the current crop compeat in the 80,s/90,s,most would throw there toys out o there prams and complain like most (ronnie over the top fan boys) complain about Selby,due to them not gettin as much chances due to there so called negative play.

For those of you who might not get all of this post,or are a bit thick,to put it politely,,....

Snooker is not just about potting balls,the saftey side also plays a BIG part in this wonderful game.

The standard of breakbuilding has improved,but the way some rant on it,s as if all the players these days knock in Big breaks every single frame,hardly miss a pot,hardly lose position,it,s all hype to promote the sport.

Some players in the 80,s and most players in the 90,s were in fact better than most these days,in the 80,s,90,s there was more emphasis put on the safety side of the game,but it does,nt mean to say that the players were worse than they are today,most could compete with todays crop.

Many players theses days get handed countless chances but often don,t take them,in the 80,s/90,s they would,nt get as many chances as they get these days,the truth is,todays crop are spoiled and they don,t realise it,they get more than enough chances but often mess them up,they can always fall back to the "standards so high theses days" excuse when they lose or could,nt produce.

Just look at Ronnies match yesterday eg,thats just 1 of thousands of matches which one could ramble on about with "should haves,could have beens"

Wels COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE gone 4-2 up,and even COULD HAVE,SHOULD HAVE won,but the dumpling missed,wasted numerous chances,just like most of Ronnies opponents do,(which included missin the black off it,s spot,3,4 times)!!.

Another eg,if Marco Fu had of turned up and had,nt of played like a bl**dy pub amateur in his match against Ronnie in the "Champion of Champions",then he might have lost and therefore would,nt even had gotten to the final,never mind winnin it,but as with most of Ronnies opponents,he played absolute rubbish,the list is endless .

Oh and last and foremost,as i really have better things to do than to answer,justify to the couple of ignorant,clueless OTP,.OVER THE TOP Ronnie fan boys,...

And please take note Wild,Andre,Overdrive,not to mention a few others,....

IT,S mainly Cloud Strife,Cannonball who keep bringing up this weak era,Hendry had it easy rubbish,i just thought i,d mention that!!. :roll:

Have a nice day,enjoy the snooker!. <ok>

Time for a bit o work for me. :-)

Postby The Cueist

No wonder Hendry fan he statistically dominated the game , He was playing old men or scared youngsters.
You can bang on all day the comparisins are not relevant pertaining to the realities of stiffer competition.
89 -96 and a world title in 99.

Ros era, winning titles from 93 to present which is 21 years and counting .
Playing evolutionary snooker contending with a whole raft of top players not like Hendry .
He was knocking coconut s off using a bazooka.
No contests, Watched loads of em , Some of them looked like they wanted their mum after their first day at school.
Hendry never won titles under the same degree of pressure the class of 92 were all under .
Dont get me wrong , Hendry was a very good exponent of the game and a great break builder but with a lot less pressure on his game than the latter.
The quicker you just admit the truth that is plain to see
The better.

Postby The Cueist

World titles
Hendry 4 jimmy white 0
Hendry 1 Nigel Bond 0
Hendry 1 Peter Ebdon 0
Hendry 0 Ken Doherty 1
Hendry 1 M. WIilliams 0
Hendry 0 Peter Ebdon 1

He won 7 out of 9 world finals
Doherty broke the hoodoo he held at the crucible
That was a clear signal that he was not infallible when under real pressure.
Ebdon was not frightened of him either and knew how to play him .

Ronnie has won 5 out of 6 world finals with a year out the game prior to his fifth win.

He beat John Higgins in 2001
Graeme Dott in 2004
Ali Carter 2008
Ali Carter 2012
Hawkins 2013
Lost to selby who really didnt do that much but have the run of the ball snd pkayed negatively which I think
Overwhelmed ronnies natural rhythm in my humble opinion.

He never met a player 4 times in a world final who kept letting him off the hook.

Ronnies finals were not a given.

Argue all day if you like hendry fan .
He wasnt that great .

Four titles given to him on a plate by jimmy white.
The 94 title was obscene but white missed a black when he should have stuffed hendry for the titlel

He was just lucky white missed that black, Lets face it
It is the truth.

Postby Clara8633

Hendry's stats is better than ROS's full stop. That's evidence, and everything else are just assumptions. You could say things about luck or the era they were in, but they can't actually prove that ROS is the greatest.

Who can be so sure that if ROS was in the same era as Hendry, he would have reached 19 more finals than he has already done?

Postby Clara8633

The Cueist wrote:Lost to selby who really didnt do that much but have the run of the ball snd pkayed negatively which I think
Overwhelmed ronnies natural rhythm in my humble opinion.

Isn't it enough that you're underestimating Hendry's achievements?

So according to what you're saying here, ROS's opponent didn't actually do much, but ROS lost anyway. Meaning that he had less reason to lose than Hendry did against Ebdon and Doherty.

Postby vodkadiet

Clara8633 wrote:Hendry's stats is better than ROS's full stop. That's evidence, and everything else are just assumptions. You could say things about luck or the era they were in, but they can't actually prove that ROS is the greatest.

Who can be so sure that if ROS was in the same era as Hendry, he would have reached 19 more finals than he has already done?

He was in the same era as Hendry. O'Sullivan was an also ran when Hendry was in his prime.

Postby Clara8633

vodkadiet wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Hendry's stats is better than ROS's full stop. That's evidence, and everything else are just assumptions. You could say things about luck or the era they were in, but they can't actually prove that ROS is the greatest.

He was in the same era as Hendry. O'Sullivan was an also ran when Hendry was in his prime.

All this talk about ROS's career period having more competition than Hendry's has got me mistaken <doh>

Postby vodkadiet

Clara8633 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

All this talk about ROS's career period having more competition than Hendry's has got me mistaken <doh>

O'Sullivan has said himself that he was at his best at 16/17 years old. However, the players in the those players were tougher match players and the conditions were also much more difficult.