Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby AC or LT?

PLtheRef wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:This is one of the issues with flat 128, there's always going to be a lot of straight forward thrashings.

Just about getting used to the lack of commentary on the livestream after a few hours, surely they could've found some hasbeen needed a few quid and let them go? Mainly just to keep us updated on outside tables.

How do poomies antics normally go down in open table settings, surely he's a possible to get moved to the main arena if it wouldn't peeve the other players too much.

Didn't Phil Yates commentate on the Crucible qualifiers?

Possibly. Didn't watch them so couldn't tell you.

Postby JDM375

Peter Ebdon 3-4 Ross Muir
Robert Milkins 6-0 Michael Leslie
Graeme Dott 6-2 Alexander Ursenbacher
Barry Hawkins 6-1 Ashley Carty
Sports Hall
Kurt Maflin 6-1 Chris Norbury
Marcus Campbell 4-1 Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton 4-2 Craig Steadman
Nigel Bond 4-2 Stuart Carrington

Postby PLtheRef

Peter Ebdon 3-4 Ross Muir
Sports Hall

Marcus Campbell 4-2 Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton 4-2 Chris Steadman

Postby PLtheRef

JDM375 wrote:Peter Ebdon 3-4 Ross Muir
Sports Hall
Marcus Campbell 4-1 Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton 4-2 Craig Steadman

Beat me to it

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Why can't Ronnie just hop round the table like Higgins in 1989?

lol that would be funny... apparently Ronnie as twisted his ankle so not a certainty to be playing on Thursday :sad: Oh Dear, and I was looking forward to see him maybe have a good run in this tournament... let's hope he quickly recovers from this.

Postby AC or LT?

Andre147 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Why can't Ronnie just hop round the table like Higgins in 1989?

lol that would be funny... apparently Ronnie as twisted his ankle so not a certainty to be playing on Thursday :sad: Oh Dear, and I was looking forward to see him maybe have a good run in this tournament... let's hope he quickly recovers from this.

Beeb think he's playing; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/30080548

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

He will be there with nobs on

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Very low key opening day, it has to be said.

buck sakes what did you expect <doh>

I expected fireworks. <ok>

your even more thick than i ever thought then lol

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Beeb think he's playing; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/30080548

He will play unless he can't recover... like Andy Spark said, might have to hop around the table like Alex Higgins did once... <laugh>

http://www.snooker-news.com/category/ma ... 411250006/

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:

I remember seeing some footage of Higgins hopping round in 1989 and it was quite funny :chuckle: , he won a few matches too. Also Higgins was still limping when he beat Stephen Hendry 9-8 in the final of the Irish Masters!

Of course Ronnie is more of a rhythm and grace player than Higgins and doesn't care about the game as much as Higgins. This might destroy his rhythm and his game in the short term. :irk:

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Very low key opening day, it has to be said.

buck sakes what did you expect <doh>

I expected fireworks. <ok>

your even more thick than i ever thought then lol

Need to go back to the old format. These 128 draws all at the venue is not working.

Postby Wildey

I Think for UK they need a re think it has to be a half term World Championship type event i like Flat 128 for most events but for UK it seems they want matches over before they began in only 5 days they will play 96 Matches. at a venue

Postby renatopt

Peter Ebdon 5-5 Ross Muir

Sports Hall
Marcus Campbell 5-4 Scott Donaldson
Anthony Hamilton 4-3 Chris Steadman
Nigel Bond 6-2 Stuart Carrington