Topic locked

Re: Coral U K Championship Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

The Cueist wrote:Murphy goes like that , One tournament he can be on it the next he just does not turn up.

Let's be honest here, Murphy would easily have been the number 2 player in the world in the early to mid 90s.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 27 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:when will ronnie announce his withdrawal if needed? on saturday or hours before match? I would hate it just like fed at the WTF

I think Ronnie will play, if I'm honest.

Postby Cloud Strife

The Cueist wrote:Cloudstrife I hav3 to agree with you saying that in the mid nineties in a wesker ere murphy would have probably have been number 1 or 2 in the world.

Murphy is in a different league to clowns like Bond, McManus, Darren Morgan etc etc. I could keep going on and on, but there's no point because we all know who Hendry had to face in his heyday.

Postby The Cueist

Very true cloudstrife , The list of also rans is endless in comparasin to the amountbof contenders that are all as skilled as each other.
Fractions is where reality bites in todays top semis and finals.
There is rarely any easy finals for world number ones these days.

Postby Cloud Strife

The Cueist wrote:Very true cloudstrife , The list of also rans is endless in comparasin to the amountbof contenders that are all as skilled as each other.

I bet the likes of Ronnie, Selby and Robbo would love to face someone like Terry Griffiths in a World Semi. :gag:

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Very true cloudstrife , The list of also rans is endless in comparasin to the amountbof contenders that are all as skilled as each other.

I bet the likes of Ronnie, Selby and Robbo would love to face someone like Terry Griffiths in a World Semi. :gag:

Hendry thrashed him in that World Semi in 1992, and what else really....

Postby Andre147

7.30pm

Neil Robertson 6-0 Joe O'Connor streaming
Michael White 5-2 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 4-3 James Wattana streaming
Stephen Maguire 6-2 Lu Ning
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 3-3 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 4-0 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 3-3 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 4-1 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Hendry thrashed him in that World Semi in 1992, and what else really....

Hendry beat him 17 times out of 17, and most of those matches were in the 90s.

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Robertson looks ominous with a six nil
Never seen joe Oconnor play so cant guage wether or not that is any kind of indicator.

It isn't mate, Robbo was all over the place handing Joe chances on a plate, but the young player didnt take advantage of any of them, should really have won the 3rd frame on the colours but didnt.

Robbo will have to improve, but he will I'm sure.

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 6-0 Joe O'Connor
Michael White 6-2 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 5-3 James Wattana
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 3-4 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 5-1 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 3-4 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 5-2 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 6-0 Joe O'Connor
Michael White 6-2 Cao Xin Long
Shaun Murphy 6-3 James Wattana
Sports Hall
Kyren Wilson 3-4 Gary Wilson
Yu Delu 5-2 Oliver Lines
David Gilbert 3-4 Elliot Slessor
Mark Joyce 6-2 Ratchayothin Yotharuck

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:when will ronnie announce his withdrawal if needed? on saturday or hours before match? I would hate it just like fed at the WTF

I think that injury is more serious than folk think. I don't think Ronnie will recover by Sunday or be in a position where it's not really painful. And I think people will switch off. Can't blame them, the UK will be pointless without him.

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I think that injury is more serious than folk think. I don't think Ronnie will recover by Sunday or be in a position where it's not really painful. And I think people will switch off. Can't blame them, the UK will be pointless without him.

your pointless

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

your pointless

It's 'you're'. Do you speak and write English, in Wales?!

Postby Wildey

Mate dont push me im sick to buck of you never really liked your type posting i will take great pleasure in banning you.

Postby Cannonball

Cloud Strife wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Cloudstrife I hav3 to agree with you saying that in the mid nineties in a wesker ere murphy would have probably have been number 1 or 2 in the world.

Murphy is in a different league to clowns like Bond, McManus, Darren Morgan etc etc. I could keep going on and on, but there's no point because we all know who Hendry had to face in his heyday.

Too true, as soon as John Higgins, MJW and Ronnie turned up, Hendry was found out.

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:Mate dont push me im sick to buck of you never really liked your type posting i will take great pleasure in banning you.

My 'type' eh. Do elaborate.

Postby Wildey

Cannonball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mate dont push me im sick to buck of you never really liked your type posting i will take great pleasure in banning you.

Fan-boyish bullocks type posting.

You give snooker fans a bad name

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

Fan-boyish bullocks type posting.

You give snooker fans a bad name

You give this forum a bad name! As for snooker fans, they're overwhelmingly behind Ronnie, just look at the scene when he walks in to the auditorium; snooker fans love him. Only the blind and the senile persist in denying it. And those from Scotland and Wales. Sad losers.

Postby Skullman

So, another decent evening at the snooker. Robbo wasn't great but O'Connor was awful. On the bright side, I managed to bring a friend along who was interested in snooker. I promptly bet him that O'Connor wouldn't win a frame and got a tenner off him.

Murphy was iffy, some flashes of last weekend's form, but mostly just helped by Wattana's mistakes after the MSI. Mags played well, although Lu Ning didn't really put him under much pressure from frames 3 to 6. Didn't catch any of the sport halls matches as I have to get early tomorrow. Another day maybe.

PS Sounds like O'Connor brought a big entourage with him, were calling 'C'mon Joe' half the time he was at the table. Really helped :roll:

Postby Skullman

Cannonball wrote:You give this forum a bad name! As for snooker fans, they're overwhelmingly behind Ronnie, just look at the scene when he walks in to the auditorium; snooker fans love him. Only the blind and the senile persist in denying it. And those from Scotland and Wales. Sad losers.

There's loving Ronnie and being an over the top fanboy.