Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:I am only 50 break standard and I dont p, ay as much ad I am always working.
But I use my limited talent wisely mate as I learned to.
I perfected my cue action and use of screw and side and stun reading joe davis bible.

I loved to watch ray rerdon, In john parrots book he called him the arch angel of clear up merchants.

He was.
Reardon said he didnt care if he was 6 points behind in a frame or 60, As long as there was enough on the table for him yo win the framd

Reardon never gave up and was a master tactician and very good at stealing frames like you say... I'm still young but have watched many videos of him and other greats of the70s and 80s on Youtube, so I too know what I'm talking about.. just recently wacthed that Classic final between White and Thorburn, when White won 13-12 after he needed a snooker on the final pink... one of the most amazing snookers gained considering the circumstances... I always love to watch those matches from the "golden age of Snooker".

Postby The Cueist

Good on you and I know you know your snooker.
Was that tbe mercantile 85 fi al if memory serves me.
But hey I should appreciate that this here and now is your era.
So sorry for mot considering that and tsking that into account.

I just feel as fan of ronnie that he should have had 10 world titles by now not 5 .

I feel he should have tbe highest tally In lthe game

Postby The Cueist

Time for bed as have a host of things to do tomorrow.
Take it easy andre and apologies if I flew off the handle
Life gets stressy as you get older mate.
Maybe I need to learn how to deal with it better.
Laters mate

Postby The Cueist

Very good point skull , But he has had a lot of jealousy from other pkayers because of his undeniable raw out of this world tslent coupled with another great big baggage of family.
We love our families but they are not always helpful.

He has had a hell of a lot to deal with from a very young age.

Postby Andy Spark

The Cueist wrote:The great Ronnie Osullivan has kept snooker alive with his flair and unpredictability for 20 or more years.
He has lived and breathed snooker and had everything
Against him at times.
2005 worlds with peter ebdon was a travesty for him
How that match was not awarded to him on the grounds it was mis refereed just amazed me.

Yes, commentators say things like "...it's XYZ minutes since he last potted a ball". They obviously believe that the length of time a player takes over his shots is a major factor, even if they are afraid to say it. It stands to reason that if you take an average of 30 seconds over your shots then you are going to have your opponent twice as cold on return than a player averaging 15 seconds a shot like Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Hopefuly this final will have better quaity than their last Big match at the Worlds 2013 semi. That one, despite being good at times, didn't fulfill expectations.

This one will be greater I think.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:Maybe it won't, considering the fact that neither of them played their best yesterday.

Ronnie did in the last 2 frames, especially the last which was pure magic.

But yeah both will have to cut on some mistakes.

I think the quality in general will be great.

Looking very much forward to it. :-D

Postby AC or LT?

The only other match ups that could have been better than this would have been Robbo or Selby.

Good luck Ronnie, Good luck Trump

Show us what you're made of.

With regards to the changing of the guards comment, I laid down my criteria yesterday - he needs to win this and at least two, preferably all, of the UK, Masters and Worlds.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:I don't really like either of these two cretins.

I might subject myself to the West Brom game instead.

I don't either. But I really don't like Trump so I want ROS to win.