Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie being a little bit cocky about the standard but that's kind of warranted after a match like this.

What cocky remark did he say?

Postby TheRocket

Clara8633 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Maybe this has been the the best final I've ever seen. I don't know but it was a sick high standard this game.

But he's won other finals in style too.

Yes but Ronnie's opponent today was at his peak as well. We had two players at their very very best and honestly. You can't play better Snooker than that. I think, apart from one frame where he made a slight positional mistake or like that Ronnie won all of his frames in one visit by making breaks of 70 at least. Just insane.

And all credit to Trump for winning 7 frames here and playing 4 unbelievable frames as well.

Postby Andre147

What a performance from Ronnie, but Judd as well made this one great great Final, will be hard to top this standard for future Finals this season.

Still can't believe how well Ronnie played :D :D :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Maybe this has been the the best final I've ever seen. I don't know but it was a sick high standard this game.

But he's won other finals in style too.

Yes but Ronnie's opponent today was at his peak as well. We had two players at their very very best and honestly. You can't play better Snooker than that. I think, apart from one frame where he made a slight positional mistake or like that Ronnie won all of his frames in one visit by making breaks of 70 at least. Just insane.

And all credit to Trump for winning 7 frames here and playing 4 unbelievable frames as well.

Ronnie himself said that he can't play any better than this. These last 2 frames Ronnie played showed what an amazing Champion he is. He never looked back and just cleared up as if it was nothing.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:Fantastic stuff from Ronnie.

Good contribution from Trump too.

Hopefully one of these two will win the world championship this year. (After the debacle of last spring.)

Rolls eyes :roll:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I agree with Neal Foulds. Ronnie really enjoyed that win, I have rarely seen him happier than just now.

I think what Ronnie was happiest the most was how he responded after Judd reduced to 8-7 from 8-3 down... Judd was playing his best snooker to comeback, had 370 points without reply... and what does Ronnie do... steals that frame and then a brilliant ton to win the match :-D he was so so happy with how he responded...

Ronnie :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:They don't have enough people articulate enough to analyse the matches.

BBC cares about other things, cringeworthy at times..

I do like some of BBCs features, but sometimes it gets silly and repetitive.

Postby Andre147

Brendan Moore on Twitter...

"What can you say? Probably the best match I've ever been involved in, massive congratulations to @ronnieo147 and @judd147"

Brendan :hatoff: :-D

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:UK shaping up to be a great one with all these players in peak form...

Trump, Robbo, Williams, Walden, Allen, Ding, ROS,

Really open field.

I don't think Ding and Robbo are in peak form right now.

Postby Cloud Strife

AC or LT? wrote:UK shaping up to be a great one with all these players in peak form...

Really open field.

Noticed you left Selby out of that list. I would have too. :D

Postby Clara8633

Cloud Strife wrote:

Really open field.

Noticed you left Selby out of that list. I would have too. :D

Selby will peak at the Masters, if not before that ;-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I agree with Neal Foulds. Ronnie really enjoyed that win, I have rarely seen him happier than just now.

I think what Ronnie was happiest the most was how he responded after Judd reduced to 8-7 from 8-3 down... Judd was playing his best snooker to comeback, had 370 points without reply... and what does Ronnie do... steals that frame and then a brilliant ton to win the match :-D he was so so happy with how he responded...

Ronnie :hatoff:

Exactly. Pre-Peters Ronnie (2010,2011) might have crumbled but that's a thing of the past. That calm clearance to clinch the title was a typical peak Hendry clearance.

Postby Skullman

Depends how well he played. I think Robbo at his very best could manage it and he would have made Ronnie think more in the first session.