Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:One question: would have Robbo won 7 frames today against Ronnie in this sort of form?

It's always hard to say because with Robertson the match would have been completely different. Like with Selby.

But with Judd you just know, you'll have a break festival as both have similar playing style. Ronnie always plays well against Judd, so does Judd.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:That's a possibility, Angles could be playing next year if World Seniors champ is allowed back in.

Or MJW.

It would be pretty funny if MJW or Higgins would try to qualify for the CoC by winning the Seniors <laugh>

Higgins is about two weeks too young. His first World Seniors, would be next season, where ROS could enter as well.

Postby Andre147

I would absolutely love if Ronnie won the UK Champs this year, he hasn't won that for donkey doo years and since 2007 he only had another good performance in 09.

He somehow doesnt seem to be all that confortable when the UK comes around, as if he's tired or anything...

I do hope he proves me wrong, but despite Ronnie's sheer brilliance today, I wont rate Ronnie as favourite for the UK Title.
Last edited by Andre147 on 09 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:That's a possibility, Angles could be playing next year if World Seniors champ is allowed back in.

Or MJW.

It would be pretty funny if MJW or Higgins would try to qualify for the CoC by winning the Seniors <laugh>

Higgins is about two weeks too young. His first World Seniors, would be next season, where ROS could enter as well.

Ronnie playing in the seniors <laugh> The likes of Dennis Taylor would be happy if they could score a single point against him.

Postby Clara8633

Skullman wrote:Higgins is about two weeks too young. His first World Seniors, would be next season, where ROS could enter as well.

It's a bit strange to imagine ROS in the World Seniors soon.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:I would absolutely love if Ronnie won the UK Champs this year, he hasn't won that for donkey doo years and since 2007 he only had another good performance in 09.

He somehow doesnt seem to be all that confortable when the UK comes around, as if he's tired or anything...

I do hope he proves me wrong, but despite Ronnie's sheer brilliance today, I wont rate Ronnie as favourite for the UK Title.

That's a completely different ball game. We will see what happens. But now he has his first major title of the season and we all should be pleased for a while now :-)

Postby Clara8633

Snooker Overdrive wrote:One question: would have Robbo won 7 frames today against Ronnie in this sort of form?

I think if Robbo plays his best against today's ROS, a decider is likely.

Postby Andy Spark

Clara8633 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Higgins is about two weeks too young. His first World Seniors, would be next season, where ROS could enter as well.

It's a bit strange to imagine ROS in the World Seniors soon.

I think they should make the World Seniors the same format as the normal world championship next season and lets see how all the seniors like Doug Mountjoy get on against O'Sullivan in a best of 19/25/35. :chuckle:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I would absolutely love if Ronnie won the UK Champs this year, he hasn't won that for donkey doo years and since 2007 he only had another good performance in 09.

That's a completely different ball game. We will see what happens. But now he has his first major title of the season and we all should be pleased for a while now :-)

Yeah I am SO, very very pleased :-D But I just thought that UK Title is so important, he used to always raise his game for that but in recent years he clearly hasn't for some reason...

He plays Daniel Wells in the first round if you didnt know already.

Anyway, what matters today is that simply sublime performance from Ronnie, and also the fact Judd helped in creating a truly classic match, very high standard.

Postby PLtheRef

FINAL TABLE

79 CLOUD STRIFE 12 - 1
77 SUNDAYGIRL 12 - 2
70 JMAL1 10 - 1
65 PLTHEREF 11 - 4
63 THECLEAVER 10 - 2
63 CLARA8633 9 - 2
62 JDM375 10 - 2
59 AC OR LT? 10 - 1
56 ANDRE147 8 - 1
50 SKULLMAN 9 - 0
49 WILDEY 7 - 0
28 GCJDAVID 6 - 0
0 OONEBSOO 0 - 0

Postby Andre147

And just 11 centuries to break Hendry's record :-D

Don't think he can quite do 11 at the UK Champs, or can he... :roll:

Anyway, when the Masters comes around, he'll surely break it then.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:And just 11 centuries to break Hendry's record :-D

Or he'll do it at the German Masters qualies, in front of ten people.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

In a match he loses 5-4 rofl

Postby Clara8633

Skullman wrote:

<laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:

Will we get a Neil Robertson type celebration when he finally does it?!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

lol... hope not.. the Masters would be a fitting way... hopefully with Hendry commentating as well :-D

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

lol... hope not.. the Masters would be a fitting way... hopefully with Hendry commentating as well :-D

Aww, why bully Hendry about it? Let him be lol.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so high right now

that missed pink seems a distant memory and is forgotten.

Glad it is... you can't dwel on the past and the "ifs" or "shoulds"...

That World Final is history now, I too was very disappointed, especially the day after, but the very next day I'd forgotten about it and moved on... every great player has had to deal with tough losses, no one is imune to that.

Anyway, this is time to celebrate and really appreaciate what a fine performance that was from both players, especially Ronnie in that first session when he was sublime really.

Both players made this a treat to watch :hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so high right now

that missed pink seems a distant memory and is forgotten.

Yes, I am high too and ITV's after show "Hot Shots" (sponsored by Bangkokladyboys.net) was really suited to my mood. I need a hot shoooorrrrt, hot shot, hot shot, HOT! dum dum dum, de dum dum de dum dum. :band:

Postby TheRocket

Ive watched the interviews after the game and its really interesting that Ronnie thinks, the last time he played that well was when he was 15 or 16, saying that he played rubbish for the last 16 years. He said this a couple of times now so there must be something right about that I suppose. He knows it better than we do.

But in my eyes he shouldn't forget how great he played between 2001-2008 as well and how many great moments he had. The standard he played today was around the same he played in the 05 or 07 masters final or at the 2008 semi vs Hendry.

But mentally he obviously feels better than ever before.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ive watched the interviews after the game and its really interesting that Ronnie thinks, the last time he played that well was when he was 15 or 16, saying that he played rubbish for the last 16 years. He said this a couple of times now so there must be something right about that I suppose. He knows it better than we do.

But in my eyes he shouldn't forget how great he played between 2001-2008 as well and how many great moments he had. The standard he played today was around the same he played in the 05 or 07 masters final or at the 2008 semi vs Hendry.

But mentally he obviously feels better than ever before.

He has often said that recently, but really I don't think anyone believes him... <laugh> he couldnt have played better then because he was simply too young, if he had played at that level back then he would have won so much more... You're right, this Final is similar to those Masters ones, only the scoreline is diferent, but Ronnie at times played like a man possessed, of all the frames Ronnie won, I think in only one frame did Judd manage to score, and that was the one where Ronnie stole it this evening with a superb 60+ clearance. Judd in sme of those frames only had 1 shot, the last 2 of first session he broke off and BANG, Ronnie makes 2 130 total clearances... The last frame of the Final Judd attempted a long red, and then BANG Ronnie makes his 4th ton of the match :hatoff:

That was as good as it can get. :hatoff: Ronnie himself saying he couldnt have mplayed much better than that, and it really tells us something when he says it like he did.