Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby Andre147

Yeah he did Cueist, couldn't have played much better. :hatoff:

Nice to see Carter back playing, don't know if he'll play at PTC4, otherwise we'll see him at the UK Champs.

Postby The Cueist

Well andre , Carter I suspect diidnt expect a victory today.
But he lookd happy to have got through this first hurdle in his l8ng journey back into top flight pro snooker where the stakes are high.
Big respect for Ali as a determined competitor and for his humility in his defeat today.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Yeah he did Cueist, couldn't have played much better. :hatoff:

Nice to see Carter back playing, don't know if he'll play at PTC4, otherwise we'll see him at the UK Champs.

He isnt playing in Germany so his next match is against Zhang Anda in the UK 27th of November

Postby vodkadiet

Glad Carter got battered. Now there will no more of this cancer talk. It is completely overdone. Anyone would think he was the first person who has ever been ill.

Postby GJ

Well played robbo more like his form from wuxi

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Glad Carter got battered. Now there will no more of this cancer talk. It is completely overdone. Anyone would think he was the first person who has ever been ill.

<doh> Typical comment from you... <laugh> He isn't the first person and certainly won't be the last, the thing is we don't normally get players with cancer on pro Snooker do we... that's why all the talk is justified.

Anyway, that match is over now, glad to see Carter again, he'll plays next at the UK Champs.

Postby Andre147

Oh and don't worry Vodka, you'll get a LOT more talk about Carter's cancer from the BBC, Carter said he very recently gave an interview with them that will be showed on BBC later at the UK Champs. Just for you Vodka :wave:

Postby GJ

What a line up in prospect

Ronnie v ding

trump v robbo

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:What a line up in prospect

Ronnie v ding

trump v robbo

Robbo isn't there yet :wave: Out of Walden and Allen, I would actually give Walden more of a chance of beating Robbo than Allen... Allen played some of his best snooker in best of 11 matches against Robbo and still lost.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:What a line up in prospect

Ronnie v ding

trump v robbo

Robbo isn't there yet :wave: Out of Walden and Allen, I would actually give Walden more of a chance of beating Robbo than Allen... Allen played some of his best snooker in best of 11 matches against Robbo and still lost.

Robbo has had his dip he looks really zoned in for this so I would be shocked if he loses to either tonight <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:Oh and don't worry Vodka, you'll get a LOT more talk about Carter's cancer from the BBC, Carter said he very recently gave an interview with them that will be showed on BBC later at the UK Champs. Just for you Vodka :wave:

I will mute that interview. I am not sure why he has had to be so public about his condition. He has been wallowing in self pity. The standing ovation was cringeworthy.

Remember one thing. If you had terminal cancer Carter wouldn't give a f*ck.

I thought Carter was going to become a full time pilot at 30? It is time he stopped calling himself The Captain.

A friend of mine died of terminal cancer about 2 years ago, in his 40s. And he never spoke about it, and never complained. He was a real man about it.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Oh and don't worry Vodka, you'll get a LOT more talk about Carter's cancer from the BBC, Carter said he very recently gave an interview with them that will be showed on BBC later at the UK Champs. Just for you Vodka :wave:

I will mute that interview. I am not sure why he has had to be so public about his condition. He has been wallowing in self pity. The standing ovation was cringeworthy.

I thought Carter was going to become a full time pilot at 30? It is time he stopped calling himself The Captain.

A friend of mine died of terminal cancer about 2 years ago, in his 40s. And he never spoke about it, and never complained. He was a real man about it.

The Press, Media, TV and you talk about it

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

You do make a good point in that often many people go public so as to "publicise" their condition and that people feel sorry for them. If I had cancer you're right, he wouldnt care in the slighest, but remember Carter is a public figure so whether he likes it or not everybody would have got to know his condition because he had to give a valid explanation to WS for not playing.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was the worst break off shot I have seen in 5 years

Then you didn't watch the Ding v Hawkins match, that one had 2 break off shots even worse, the first was in the very 1st frame if you want to have a look at it.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

The Press, Media, TV and you talk about it

Well said <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was the worst break off shot I have seen in 5 years

Then you didn't watch the Ding v Hawkins match, that one had 2 break off shots even worse, the first was in the very 1st frame if you want to have a look at it.

I just watched that break off on youtube <laugh> You're right that was even worse although Ding didn't leave an easy opener unlike Allen in this frame.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:what was that

The standard is dropping

Robbo will beat either of these pretty easily if they play like this against him. Walden for me would stand more of a chance than Allen.