Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby GJ

Robertson began the season with victory at the Wuxi Classic and a run to the final of the Australian Goldfields Open but results since have been less encouraging. Last week he was beaten 6-5 from 3-0 up to Joe Swail in the second round of the International Championship. At the Shanghai Masters he was beaten 5-4 by Michael White in the first round, again from 3-0 up.

“It’s hard to peak for ten months of the year,” Robertson said. “It was similar to last season. I haven’t made as many centuries but I haven’t played anywhere near as many matches.

“Also, I like to gauge my performances in front of a packed house, not ten or 15 people as happened last week in China. It’s hard to get up for those matches.

“I’ve lost in Shanghai and at the International having been 3-0 up both times. I thought I’d win 5-0 and 6-0 because my opponents were playing that badly that I just thought I’ve just got to keep coming to the table and I’d win. I took my foot off the gas and got duly punished. Sometimes you need a friendly reminder that you can’t just expect to win.”

honest as ever :hatoff: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

He is GJ, that is a fair assesment of how things stand for Robbo. This tourney could be the turnaround for him again, either this or the UK Champs he'll be defending.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Allen with a 68% pot success :shock:

As Wild said, he's still in Chengdu and it appears will remain there until this match finishes. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

I Know this event has had a bit of stick for this "GROUP" thing but remember this is a direct replacement for the Premier League and is a Matchroom Sport event not a World Snooker event.

I Think this is much more classy Event than the Farce SKY Came up with.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

As Wild said, he's still in Chengdu and it appears will remain there until this match finishes. <laugh>

Just imagine Ronnie playing like Allen today. The decline debate would reach a new all time high <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Just imagine Ronnie playing like Allen today. The decline debate would reach a new all time high <laugh>

Exactly SO... the haters would love if Ronnie starts to decline soon, but he won't give them that pleasure just yet. :wave:

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:Two whitewashes today! I thought both were going to be deciders.

Me too clara... more surprised about this one in fact, but still Allen was well below par, a bit like Murphy against Fu.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Walden v Robbo going to be interesting... Robbo should win though I think.

I think so too. And this time Robbo won't go 3-0 in front and lose again lol.

Postby Skullman

Typical. The one day where I'm busy until 4, they have two whitewashes, Any other day and there would still be some snooker going on.

How did Robbo and Walden play? Will Ricky have a chance?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Typical. The one day where I'm busy until 4, they have two whitewashes, Any other day and there would still be some snooker going on.

How did Robbo and Walden play? Will Ricky have a chance?

It's always like that isn't it Skull.. when we can't watch the Snooker finishes quickly <laugh>

Robbo was pretty impressive, made 2 back to back tons and Carter couldnt do much.

Walden was far from impressive but still got the job done on a well bellow par Allen.

Robbo v Walden could be close, but Robbo will win I think.

Postby Andre147

Think Robbo will win but only just, 6-4 or even 6-5. A close match would be nice for a change since we had 3 straight whitewashes.