Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Ronnie got nine long pots out of nine this evening....the mysteries of the long game :stir:

His long game was better than his short game tonight. Incredible.

I think there is an irony however, because he was refusing some long pots today that for most of his career I felt he would have taken on. It tells me that strangely he feels not as comfortable with his long game as the 100% 9/9 stat (at least for the last match) would suggest. :chin:

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:The worst thing about tonight is that Muppet will probably be right about 6-0.

Still not happy.

Chelsea didn't beat Maribor...

Football pmsl

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:The worst thing about tonight is that Muppet will probably be right about 6-0.

Still not happy.

Chelsea didn't beat Maribor...

<laugh>

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know about you guys but my favourite moment of the day was when Clive Everton said:

"The defending Champion of Champion Champion"

:-D Hopefully next year it will be "The twice defending Champion of Champions Champion".

Postby Andre147

Roland wrote:Now Selby's out that could well happen

As if Selby is the only player capable of stopping Ronnie.. Judd is playing some pretty good stuff too you know..

And besides, even if Ronnie had met Selby in the Final, I would have fancied him to get revenge for the World's loss.

Anyway, I'm sure these 2 will meet again at some point during this season.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:And besides, even if Ronnie had met Selby in the Final, I would have fancied him to get revenge for the World's loss.

Maybe they'll meet again in their 4th Masters final and Selby will want revenge there.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And besides, even if Ronnie had met Selby in the Final, I would have fancied him to get revenge for the World's loss.

Maybe they'll meet again in their 4th Masters final and Selby will want revenge there.

Yes, good point. One thing that is forgotten - largely because of Selby's undeserved world final win - is that O'Sullivan thrashed him in the Masters final last year.

After Selby's complete capitulation against Trump this week, I expect him to be defeated again.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:Yes, good point. One thing that is forgotten - largely because of Selby's undeserved world final win - is that O'Sullivan thrashed him in the Masters final last year.

After Selby's complete capitulation against Trump this week, I expect him to be defeated again.

Honestly, why do some people say his WC win was "undeserved"? If his win wasn't due to skill then why can't everyone else win the WC? And anyway, you can't expect ROS to win it every single year.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Yes, good point. One thing that is forgotten - largely because of Selby's undeserved world final win - is that O'Sullivan thrashed him in the Masters final last year.

Honestly, why do some people say his WC win was "undeserved"? If his win wasn't due to skill then why can't everyone else win the WC? And anyway, you can't expect ROS to win it every single year.

Ronnie will be back to win it next year.

Selby will most likely get the jitters and suffer a humiliating first round exit.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Ronnie will be back to win it next year.

Selby will most likely get the jitters and suffer a humiliating first round exit.

We'll see. Just because he's playing far from his best right now doesn't mean he will by then.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:Even if Selby scrapes though the first round, Trump will comfortably dispatch him again.

This could be Trump's year, though I fancy Ronnie to pick up Number Six.

Then again, just because Trump is playing brilliantly right now doesn't mean he'll still play like that by then. Trump and Selby's h2h are close, so it probably won't be like their Tuesday's match if they do meet at the WC.

Postby Wildey

Muppet im getting a bit sick to buck of your posts on here you have absolutely nothing constructive to say its all putting players down because you dont like them with bullocks posts.

You bore me bucking sensless now buck off and find a sport you actually like

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3

Postby Clara8633

Is Ding afraid of ROS? I think he is a bit, especially when he said (after his last match): "I will practise for the rest of the week but I will watch when I can - on Wednesday evening I will watch the group final to see if it is Ronnie I will play next."

Postby SnookerFan

I got bored of it, to be honest. I got halfway through frame 4, realised Ronnie was going to crucify him, and put something else on.

On a related note, did anybody catch The Apprentice? <laugh>