Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 2

Postby SnookerEd25

Interesting that of their 3 meetings, all have been whitewashes! And most of us expect another one today...

2000 China Open : Davis 5-0 Selby
2008 Premier League : Selby 6-0 Davis
2013 Welsh Open : Selby 4-0 Davis

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Interesting that of their 3 meetings, all have been whitewashes! And most of us expect another one today...

2000 China Open : Davis 5-0 Selby
2008 Premier League : Selby 6-0 Davis
2013 Welsh Open : Selby 4-0 Davis

The second two were quite late in Davis' career when he was long past his best. Maybe the earlier one was a bit early in Selby's career, so he was a bit nervous of playing somebody of Davis' standard.

I'd be more surprised if Davis had whitewashed Selby in 2013. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

More i think about it the more is ludicrous that the Winner of the World seniors gets in the Draw here.

This season Mark Williams is eligible to play in it

i think that event should not be open to anyone inside the Top 64 in the World and never a cash card in to this event.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, since Steve is here and we can't do anything not to have him there <laugh> looking forward to watch this true legend of the game play, even if he doesn't pot a ball in the whole match.

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:More i think about it the more is ludicrous that the Winner of the World seniors gets in the Draw here.

i think that event should not be open to anyone inside the Top 64 in the World and never a cash card in to this event.

Agreed. As a fan who grew up in the 80s i'm all for the Senior's Tour, but it should be completely separate from the main tour, and nobody should compete in both.

I'd rather se the Ladie's World Champ in this event (particularly if she was drawn against Mr. Allen!)

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Wildey wrote:More i think about it the more is ludicrous that the Winner of the World seniors gets in the Draw here.

Agreed. As a fan who grew up in the 80s i'm all for the Senior's Tour, but it should be completely separate from the main tour, and nobody should compete in both.

I'd rather se the Ladie's World Champ in this event (particularly if she was drawn against Mr. Allen!)

That would be a nice match :evilgrin:

Postby hendry_fan

Bl**dy hell Steve,first chance at a long pot and you missed it by a country mile!,pots one on his 2nd attempt but fails to get on a colour!. :dizzy: :-D

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:One part of Steve's game that never disappears is his safety game and tactical awareness.

Aye,but he,s up against a player who,s one of the best safety players/tacticians these days= Mark Selby!. :-D

Postby Dan-cat

I had a signed poster of Steve Davis on the back of my bedroom door. I went to a see a match at the Harrogate Conference centre. If my memory serves me correctly there was some kind of Matchroom league competition played around the country in those days, featuring all the players, not just Matchroom. He was sat next to Stephen Hendry at the signing, but I only had a Steve Davis poster to sign, I just gave Hendry some kind of limp smile and wished him luck for the upcoming World champs. I remember feeling a bit embarrassed by that! I must have been about 14

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:not going too well so far...

Jeeeeeez!,they,ve only played 1 frame so far Dan,were you expecting a *147*?!. <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

If Mark gives him easy chances though, Davis can maybe win a frame here which would be a big success for him. Anything more would be a bonus I think.

Edit: Oh dear.
Last edited by TheRocket on 04 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I got high standards! :-D

Well Steve just knocked in a 31,is that ok for you?. <laugh>

He expects better from the reigning World Senior Champion. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

Selby can Mix it with Davis tacticly so Steve's Strength will be nullifies by Selby.

Steve Needs to score to have half a chance of a upset.

Postby Wildey

Clara8633 wrote:Can I watch live for free on itv player? I've got no tv at home.

you can watch on itv player for free within the UK But you have to register