Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 2

Postby TheRocket

Wow. Judd Trump totally destroyed Maguire and Selby. He's playing like the 2011 Trump atm and if he somehow manages it to keep holding this kind of form till the end of the season, he has any chance to win the world title. There are only a few players who can keep up with a peak Trump in terms of heavy scoring.

And I tell you something. I want Judd Trump to win the World Title. It would be a disgrace if a talent like him doesn't win the title at least once. Should be a 2 times world champ at least with this amount of talent.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,you were right Clara,Selby got "squashed" tonight!,well n truly!. :-D

Verrrrrry well donne Judd,now if you keep playing your game at this pace instead of changin around and goin down a gear,2,you could start to be more consistent!. :clap:

Postby Vallomas

I didn't have the chance to watch the match (just attended the live score on worldsnooker.com), but it's seems that Judd had a wonderful night.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie should learn a thing or two from Trump and take total advantage of a big lead when he plays against Selby.

Trump has to give him some advice on that.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie should learn a thing or two from Trump and take total advantage of a big lead when he plays against Selby.

Trump has to give him some advice on that.

But its easy to take advantage if its handed to him on a plate though.

Selby lost the Match in the first 3 frames he just never looked capable to make it count when he had chances.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:But its easy to take advantage if its handed to him on a plate though.

Selby lost the Match in the first 3 frames he just never looked capable to make it count when he had chances.

He's never looked like winning after the first 3 frames lots of times and yet won in the end.

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump spanking Selby :-)

Selby will be back to his best sooner rather than later though.

Yep,he probably will Overdrive!. :-)

Every player gets a spanking once in a while,even Hendry got spanked once,spanked is good,he got well n truly SQUASHED 9 frames to 0 by a Mr Campbell,but not long after that,Hendry then bounced back and won the Worlds for a record breakin 7 times!. :happy:

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:

Every player gets a spanking once in a while,even Hendry got spanked once,spanked is good,he got well n truly SQUASHED 9 frames to 0 by a Mr Campbell,but not long after that,Hendry then bounced back and won the Worlds for a record breakin 7 times!. :happy:

Yeah, Selby usually has good runs in the UK Champs and especially the Masters, so he'll it top form by then I think.

And I also think he'll cope well with the fact he'll be a father for the first time, his wife is due in 2 weeks time but this personal life won't affect Selby's game, in fact I think being a father will spur him on.

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:But its easy to take advantage if its handed to him on a plate though.

Indeed, Selby just didn't take his chances at the beginning.

Selby not playing well + Trump playing brilliantly = 6-1

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Wow. Judd Trump totally destroyed Maguire and Selby. He's playing like the 2011 Trump atm and if he somehow manages it to keep holding this kind of form till the end of the season, he has any chance to win the world title. There are only a few players who can keep up with a peak Trump in terms of heavy scoring.

And I tell you something. I want Judd Trump to win the World Title. It would be a disgrace if a talent like him doesn't win the title at least once. Should be a 2 times world champ at least with this amount of talent.

I agree. Trump is playing fluent, attacking and exciting snooker again! His performance today reminded me a lot of his 2011 World Championship run. Just blowing his opponents away by potting everything he aims at.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Yeah, Selby usually has good runs in the UK Champs and especially the Masters, so he'll it top form by then I think.

And I also think he'll cope well with the fact he'll be a father for the first time, his wife is due in 2 weeks time but this personal life won't affect Selby's game, in fact I think being a father will spur him on.

He will be the man to beat in these 2 tournaments in my opinion. Selby usually steps it up for the majors and if he gets his safety game back on track I smell trouble.

Postby vodkadiet

If Tony Chappel had won the World seniors would have been playing today instead that giner haired pensioner?

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:If Tony Chappel had won the World seniors would have been playing today instead that giner haired pensioner?

Is Tony Chappel mates with Barry Hearn? If not then I doubt it.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If Tony Chappel had won the World seniors would have been playing today instead that giner haired pensioner?

I am surprised Neal Foulds didn't get the call up.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I am surprised Neal Foulds didn't get the call up.

Clearly Neal's relationship with Barry Hearn is not as strong as it could be.