Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 4

Postby Andre147

Barry nowhere near the form he was against Higgins... how a diferent match can make a player play so differently.

He's still not out of it, but has to make something happen soon.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Barry nowhere near the form he was against Higgins... how a diferent match can make a player play so differently.

That is what i was saying regarding lack of consistency among the top players of Today.

Ding hasent played better than he did against Dale earlier

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Barry nowhere near the form he was against Higgins... how a diferent match can make a player play so differently.

That is what i was saying regarding lack of consistency among the top players of Today.

Ding hasent played better than he did against Dale earlier

Apart from that ton in frame 4, no he hasn't really.

5-1 to Ding and it's all over I feel, so Barry needs to make something happen.

And again hasn't made a good start..

Postby vodkadiet

This tournament has no credibility.

Firstly, how can a snooker tournament be scheduled around football fixtures? The tournament will lose its flow with no play on Thursday. It is simply absurd. Isn't there enough bloody football on television? A big thumbs down for this decision.

Secondly the inclusion of Steve Davis makes a mockery of the event. Enough said on that.

I am not even sure why the likes of Dale and Carter are playing. It would have been far better having 8 players playing best of 17 frame matches at the outset until the final. Why does snooker have to keep changing the amount of frames played during an event? Tennis majors are best of 5 sets from round 1 through until the final. Best of 7s are okay for PTC's but not for what they call The Champion of Champions. The tournament comes across as a Barry Hearn gimmick.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:4-2 Ding. I'm guessing Ding has played better than he did this evening and Hawkins worse?

No the exact opposite Skull, Ding much worse in afternnon, Hawkins much better then.

Postby SnookerEd25

I'd like this to go to a decider, but feel that will only happen if Ding can take this frame. If Hawkins goes 5-4 up, he'll win 6-4 I feel.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerEd25 wrote:I'd like this to go to a decider, but feel that will only happen if Ding can take this frame. If Hawkins goes 5-4 up, he'll win 6-4 I feel.

I don't think Hawkins is likely to win 6-4 - can he really win five frames in a row against Ding?

Postby Wildey

Hawkins should have finished Ding off easy he took his time to find some form.

for me there will only be one winner tonight Barry Hawkins all the way

Postby Skullman

Well, if there's a decider, the winner will be based on nerve as much as it will form, so Ding still has a chance if it goes to one.