Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Semi Finals !!!

Postby The Cueist

Sorry if I have spoken out of turn Andre, That is an opinion that I hold and I will express and I sm convinced of.

If trump makes a good fist of it then good luck to him

As for the aussie poacher he would have been more dangerous because of the balls ronnie would have left him in mid clearance stck in the jaw blacks.

I play this game mate and I am good at it, I know all the types and implay them accordingly.

Postby Skullman

I still think Judd put in the best performance of the tournament with his play on Tuesday. If he plays like he did today, Ronnie will win, if he plays like he did on Tuesday it will Judd.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I still think Judd put in the best performance of the tournament with his play on Tuesday. If he plays like he did today, Ronnie will win, if he plays like he did on Tuesday it will Judd.

Fair opinion, agree with it.

Should be an absolutely cracking Final, hopefully with some big breaks but also clever tactical play and drama. As a Ronnie fan that will mean a close and hardfought match, but as long as Ronnie wins I don't mind if it's a decider or really close like last year.

Postby TheRocket

You're right about that SO but what worries me is that Ronnie seems to be missing more sitters over the last months. He can pull off a brillant break at anytime but the next frame he can miss the easiest sitter at a moment where you think, well he'll surely make a frame winning break from here.

I think, overall, if the 2004-2008 Ronnie had the mental strength of the Ronnie today, he would have been even more frightening and stronger than the Ronnie of today. And he surely would have never lost that match against Ebdon or Dott. However. Clear is. Ronnie still plays great snooker and is capable of beating anyone and winning anything and that's the most important thing. Calling him peak Ronnie or not is secondary.
Last edited by TheRocket on 09 Nov 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Postby The Cueist

Fair enough skull I never seen him on tuesday.
Just andre does get carried away bless him when it comes to opinions on ros.

I am my own person snd nobody in life decides anything for me before I have decided wht I think.

The trouble with this site and why it has not grown bigger is that there are posters on here who are dyed in the wool.

Becomes boring and stale.

I say what I see and am not influenced by others and thier opinions but I agree to differ.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:You're true about that SO but what worries me is that Ronnie seems to be missing more sitters over the last months. He can pull off a brillant break at anytime but the next frame he can miss the easiest sitter at a moment where you think, well he'll surely make a frame winning break from here.

I think, overall, if the 2004-2008 Ronnie had the mental strength of the Ronnie today, he would have been even more frightening and stronger than the Ronnie of today. And he surely would have never lost that match against Ebdon or Dott. However. Clear is. Ronnie still plays great snooker and is capable of beating anyone and winning anything and that's the most important think. Calling him peak Ronnie or not is secondary.

True, a mental stable Ronnie would have thrashed Ebdon that year, he led him 8-2 and had he had a clear mind he would have won something like 13-4 or 13-5... Dotty match could have been closer, but he changed the tip of his cue in that match about 20 times, really, it was that many.

As long as Ronnie is winning titles, I don't mind what form he's in, but also enjoyable when he plays well.

Postby Andre147

I get carried away Cueist? In what way would you mind explanining? :chin:

I always give fair reflections, and I'm probably one of the very few on here who respect all the players and don't go slagging those who I don't enjoy that most...

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:In real life andre I would pull you up on what you have said to me
Im telling you mate I am not pleased.
I think you are very cheeky

What have I said to you that has upset you? really explain because I don't have a clue :chin: I'm just giving fair opinions on Ronnie and all players in fact, very similar like SO and TR do in here.

Postby The Cueist

II have found that you have dismissed what I have posted as out of hand and I found that condescending
I like you andre but you are not the only fan of ronnie

I am a free thinker with 40 plus years on the planet andI have played the game for 30 years.

Show some respect

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:You're right about that SO but what worries me is that Ronnie seems to be missing more sitters over the last months. He can pull off a brillant break at anytime but the next frame he can miss the easiest sitter at a moment where you think, well he'll surely make a frame winning break from here.

I think, overall, if the 2004-2008 Ronnie had the mental strength of the Ronnie today, he would have been even more frightening and stronger than the Ronnie of today. And he surely would have never lost that match against Ebdon or Dott. However. Clear is. Ronnie still plays great snooker and is capable of beating anyone and winning anything and that's the most important think. Calling him peak Ronnie or not is secondary.

I think the main difference is that we are now paying more attention to Ronnie's mistakes. Because the older he gets the more we start thinking about the inevitable decline and we start interpreting. I do that as well sometimes but that's not a very scientific approach.

Fact is all players miss easy balls. Ronnie always has and always will. The important thing however is not missing pots at the business end of a match and I don't see Ronnie missing more vital easy balls than he did 7 years ago.

Postby Andre147

If you don't want to answer that's fine, but it's your kind of behaviour that has surprised me more than anything. I think you don't like fair opinions on Ronnie coming from a Ronnie fan, but if you expect me to always say nice things about Ronnie just because I'm a fan of his then you got the wrong person... Anyway, I don't want to carry this stupid and silly discussion over nothing really...

Goodnight, moving on to the Final thread... :wave:

Wild better close this one, as CS said, doesn't serve any purpose now pmsl

Postby Andre147

The Cueist wrote:Oh andre said close the thread because he knows im raging with him.
You know as well as I do I am jot on about you making comments about ronnie good or bad.

You just do t tell me how I think have you got tnat

It's all good mate, no hard feelings <ok>

I like you here and your banter and everything, let's just move on... as I said, all good.