Post a reply

International Championship Final : Allen v Walden

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 26th of October~Sunday 2nd of November in Chengdu, China

Final: Mark Allen v Ricky Walden

So the final brings together two men having won two Ranking Events each and everyone been in china.

Walden won the 2008 Shanghai Masters and 2012 Wuxi Classic and Mark Allen won the 2012 and 2013 World Open.

Who will win their 3rd title?

Click Here for Head to Heads

Overall Allen leads 7-6
Main Tournaments 4-4
Multisession Matches Allen leads 2-0

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: International Championship Final : Allen v Walden

Postby Wildey

Sunday 2nd of November

6am

Mark Allen v Ricky Walden(1st Session 9 Frames)

11.30am

Mark Allen v Ricky Walden (2nd Session 10 Frames)

Postby Skullman

Be interesting to see how Walden deals with the pressure. Neither Burnett or Milkins really got him under any, while Allen almost certainly will and can definitely deal with it himself as the semi showed.

Another note, Walden managed to front run pretty well. A lot of the time he gets edgy when in front and gets vulnerable.

Postby Andre147

I think the Final will be a close one, honestly can't see any player running away with it. Both have 2 ranking titles in China and know what it takes. I honestly won't be surprised if Walden wins the title, he has been scoring pretty heavily.

But nevertheless my bet is on Allen to win it.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:I only hope that Eurosport will cover the final from the beginning...

Vallomas they will, both British ES and International ES will cover the Final entirely, it starts at 6 a.m on ES2 and then the second session at 11.30 a.m on ES1.

Don't think I'll wake up at 6 a.m though, maybe around 8 a.m when they should be on frame 5 or 6.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The worrying thing for Allen is that he collapsed in his last final against Bingo. Walden on the other hand has a perfect record in finals.

Allen put that final to bed by beating Bingo this week.

very even final though but that's not to say it wont be 10-3 either way.