Post a reply

Re: International Championship Final : Allen v Walden

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Frame 14 of the final, and we're only on page 3 of this thread. Despite match lengths and prize money, do people not take this seriously as a major?

first session was over before most was up on a sunday morning

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:Frame 14 of the final, and we're only on page 3 of this thread. Despite match lengths and prize money, do people not take this seriously as a major?

That wouldn't be the case if ROS was playing.

Postby Andre147

Well I for one and for me this is the unofficial "4th Major", watched almost the full final but only turned my PC on about half an hour ago.

Postby Andre147

Why Allen hasn't been able to replicate this sort of form in tournaments in the UK in recent times don't know... well the same can said in Ding's case for that matter.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Why Allen hasn't been able to replicate this sort of form in tournaments in the UK in recent times don't know... well the same can said in Ding's case for that matter.

not many tournaments in the UK lol

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Why Allen hasn't been able to replicate this sort of form in tournaments in the UK in recent times don't know... well the same can said in Ding's case for that matter.

not many tournaments in the UK lol

well... true that <laugh> still, Ding has the advantage of having won tourneys there, Allen has not won any.

Postby Andre147

Just to think a year ago Ding was here when he won his 3rd sucessive ranking tournament and would go on to win an amazing 5 rankers that season equalling Hendry. This season he has been a shadow of that, hope he can regroup and find some form.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

That's an interesting point you bring up here.

Ding and Allen seem to prefer playing in China while Ronnie and Selby seem to play better in the UK.
Actually I think many players have a overall performance discrepancy between Europe and overseas countries.