Topic locked

Re: International Championship Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Maybe Carter will be next as someone else said here...

Still in a bit of s shock, but Williams deserves this, was by far the better player...

Just who could have predicted this after he was 3 nil down playing like an absolute amateur...

Postby Andre147

The key moment wasn't so much the 4th frame when he reduced to 3-1 at the MSI but instead when he returned in frame 5 with that brilliant ton..

That seemed to settle him down and you could see he was so relaxed after that...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Maybe Carter will be next as someone else said here...

Still in a bit of s shock, but Williams deserves this, was by far the better player...

Just who could have predicted this after he was 3 nil down playing like an absolute amateur...

Same here. I already thought about the semi finals, this is a complete shock to the system...

Postby Clara8633

It's a pity Ali Carter won't be able to compete in the CoC if MJW wins. I want them both to be there ^-^

Still, Williams will still have to tried really hard tomorrow since Allen is a dangerous player right now.

Postby TheRocket

What's worrying me at most as a Ronnie supporter is that his game looks very fragile since the beginning of the new season. I already said at the WC that he seems to be missing more sitters in his breaks than he usually does.

Hopefully this are not the signs of decline. I'm still waiting for the UK Championship and the Masters though to form an opinion.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:It's a pity Ali Carter won't be able to compete in the CoC if MJW wins. I want them both to be there ^-^

Still, Williams will still have to tried really hard tomorrow since Allen is a dangerous player right now.

His record against Allen is good though, and I think MJW will win, unless he's so excited about this win that he cant pot a ball on Saturday... but actually playing on Saturday helps him, he has time to settle down and digest this win against bogeyman Ronnie.

Postby AC or LT?

Thank god finally a player who isn't intimidated by Ronnie and sees him for what he is, an ageing has-been who's just about clinging on to former glory. Williams is the first guy since Selby in May to clock onto this, now other professionals need to realise Ronnie is no more dangerous than John Higgins these days.

When Michael White or Oliver Lines knock him out in next years WC L16 we'll hopefully see the end of his career.

Obviously we'll need to wait until his CoC matches to see if this can be guaranteed but it's looking likely.
Last edited by AC or LT? on 30 Oct 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

This may signal the start of the decline for Ronnie. If you want to spot the first signs of a great player on the decline then ignore their best, it is their worst which gets worse. I saw the decline for Higgins start in 2011, even as he was world champion. However, Ronnie is so naturally up and down in China that it's difficult to judge.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Thank god finally a player who isn't intimidated by Ronnie and sees him for what he is, an ageing has-been who's just about clinging on to former glory. Williams is the first guy since Selby in May to clock onto this, now other professionals need to realise Ronnie is no more dangerous than John Higgins these days.

When Michael White or Oliver Lines knock him out in next years WC L16 we'll hopefully see the end of his career.

rofl rofl rofl No more dangerous than Higgins??? Yeah right... He's the reigning Masters, Welsh Open and CoC titles and still has few more titles in his locker... just appreciate his fine achievments, Williams did very well to win today but Ronnie will bounce back, win more titles and make you eat your own words. :wave:

Postby Andre147

Decline my jacksie... rofl <doh> rofl As I said, Ronnie will bounce back, we can't judge his form from China tournaments, he will win more titles, he still has that hunger and he's no way near the level Higgins is playing at the moment.

Postby TheRocket

AC or LT? wrote:Thank god finally a player who isn't intimidated by Ronnie and sees him for what he is, an ageing has-been who's just about clinging on to former glory. Williams is the first guy since Selby in May to clock onto this, now other professionals need to realise Ronnie is no more dangerous than John Higgins these days.

Obviously we'll need to wait until his CoC matches to see if this can be guaranteed but it's looking likely.

<doh>

Another Hendryfan with a deep hate against ROS, probably because many people believe that ROS is the greatest player of all time.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

<doh>

Another Hendryfan with a deep hate against ROS, probably because many people believe that ROS is the greatest player of all time.

Exactly, the hatred consumes them <doh> Hendry for me is still the greatest, but this isnt decline FFS rofl <doh> rofl

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:

rofl rofl rofl No more dangerous than Higgins??? Yeah right... He's the reigning Masters, Welsh Open and CoC titles and still has few more titles in his locker... just appreciate his fine achievments, Williams did very well to win today but Ronnie will bounce back, win more titles and make you eat your own words. :wave:

I wouldn't say he's like Higgins, but it's true that other players shouldn't be scared of him. It's not just about how ROS plays that should matter to them, but how they themselves play against him. Fear just makes things much worse.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, just hope Ronnie is fresh for the CoC, but the title I would LOVE to see Ronnie win again is the UK Champs, it's been ages (2007) since he last won and apart from 2009 his performances there have been very poor.

He always seems to be thinking more on Christmas when the UK comes around, he should really try his hardest this year to win that one again...

Who knows... Maybe this loss is a blessing in disguise...

Postby TheRocket

What fascinates me on some Hendryfans is that whenever you say, Ronnie is the greatest player of all time they take this as an insult against Hendry. Like a majesty offensive if you like.

I believe that ROS is the greatest of all time and have reasons for that.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:Anyway, just hope Ronnie is fresh for the CoC, but the title I would LOVE to see Ronnie win again is the UK Champs, it's been ages (2007) since he last won and apart from 2009 his performances there have been very poor.

He always seems to be thinking more on Christmas when the UK comes around, he should really try his hardest this year to win that one again...

Thinking more on Christmas, lol <laugh>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:What fascinates me on some Hendryfans is that whenever you say, Ronnie is the greatest player of all time they take this as an insult against Hendry. Like a majesty offensive if you like.

I believe that ROS is the greatest of all time and have reasons for that.

Absolutely, just like many consider Steve davis to be the greatest or even Alex Higgins for what he brought to the game.

This is a great win for Williams, I'll be rooting for him, won't wake up at 6 a.m now though <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Anyway, just hope Ronnie is fresh for the CoC, but the title I would LOVE to see Ronnie win again is the UK Champs, it's been ages (2007) since he last won and apart from 2009 his performances there have been very poor.

Thinking more on Christmas, lol <laugh>

Just a joke but it's true his performances have been flat apart from 2009. I would love if he won that title again.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Well done MJW, the way to the title is wide open now, hope he 'll make it. We need him back!

How come it's never wide open until after Ronnie has gone out? <laugh> According to that logic, the Crucible Final wasn't wide open. :-D

Great win for Mark Williams though. I legitimately thought he'd lose that. :hatoff:

Postby Clara8633

[
Andre147 wrote:Just a joke but it's true his performances have been flat apart from 2009. I would love if he won that title again.

At least that shows these losses have nothing to do with decline, since he was winning world titles at the time :)

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Bit early to talk about decline but look how fast Higgins fell after the 2011WC.

Higgins' situation though is still different. His breakbuilding ability had already dropped since late 2009. He won the UK 2010 and WC 2011 through his iron will and tactical brain but you could aready see there that his game already declined and after the WC it became clearly more obvious.

Ronnie on the other hand still has a high breakbuilding ability.

Postby Andre147

Apart from that ton from MJW, another decisive moment was that straightforward blue to right middle Ronnie missed at 27... he was 4-3 down but was going nicely and had he leveled at 4-4 he would put the pressure right back to Williams...

Anyway... I'm saying this because still in a bit of a shock, but Mark truly deserves the win, you could see how much it really meant to him when he punched the table in the decider and hurt his knuckle <laugh>

If I were Ronnie I would have told him at the end: "It took you only 12 years to beat me again" :chuckle:
Last edited by Andre147 on 30 Oct 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Bit early to talk about decline but look how fast Higgins fell after the 2011WC.

Higgins' situation though is still different. His breakbuilding ability had already dropped since late 2009. He won the UK 2010 and WC 2011 through his iron will and tactical brain but you could aready see there that his game already declined and after the WC it became clearly more obvious.

Ronnie on the other hand still has a high breakbuilding ability.

Exactly, Ronnie will still be around winning a few more titles and make some eat their own words... no way is he in serious decline yet.