Topic locked

International Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

Image Image Image
Sunday 26th of October~Sunday 2nd of November in Chengdu, China

After another shock filled round which saw the loss of Barry Hawkins, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and Shaun Murphy, among others, the remaining top 16 players most see an opportunity for a deep run. Five time World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan appears to be favourite, but it seems no seed is safe this tournament. Who will survive and make it to the quarters?

DRAW

Last 16

Michael White v Ian Burns White leads 1-0
Stuart Bingham v Mark Allen 3-3
Mark Williams v Sam Baird Williams leads 3-0
Li Hang v Ronnie O'Sullivan Never played before
-----------------------------------
Joe Swail v Ricky Walden Walden leads 3-1
Peter Ebdon v Jamie Burnett Ebdon leads 4-1
Robert Milkins v Xiao Guodong Milkins leads 2-1
Marco Fu v Rod Lawler Fu leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: International Championship Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie has a great chance to win this big tournament, his biggest threat may be either Bingo or Allen, especially Bingo as he has been playing very well.

But not getting carried away, Ronnie has Li Hang and stranger upsets have happened, like we've seen so far.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie has a great chance to win this big tournament, his biggest threat may be either Bingo or Allen, especially Bingo as he has been playing very well.

But not getting carried away, Ronnie has Li Hang and stranger upsets have happened, like we've seen so far.

The draw really has opened up, it has to be said. However this also means that anything but a Ronnie win this week will be a disappointment now.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of October

6.30am

Joe Swail v Ricky Walden
Marco Fu v Rod Lawler
Mark Williams v Sam Baird
Robert Milkins v Xiao Guodong

11.30am

Peter Ebdon v Jamie Burnett
Michael White v Ian Burns
Li Hang v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Stuart Bingham v Mark Allen

Postby Wildey

Been following the action on my mobile today due to electricity being switched off but its back now.

What the buck is going on with these players losing to old has been's and old never was.

Im Embarrassed for the sport with some of the results this week

Shambolic.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Been following the action on my mobile today due to electricity being switched off but its back now.

What the buck is going on with these players losing to old has been's and old never was.

Shambolic.

Bit surprised yes, but not all the old players won, Li hang for instance won his match 6-1 against a dismal Higgins, that was one of his worst performances from Higgins I've seen and there have been a few as of late.

Don't matter, there are still some very good players left, and for me the title is gonna be won by either Ronnie, Bingo or Fu, hopefully Ronnie.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:Been following the action on my mobile today due to electricity being switched off but its back now.

Shambolic.

:chuckle:

But you do have a point. Only FIVE of the official top 16 are still in the tournament and the last 16 haven't even started yet. Only ONE top 7 player is left in the one of snooker's biggest tournaments.

Very surprising but also refreshing.

Postby Andre147

motorhead wrote:Allen and Gould didn't like the table at all from their comments on twitter

Not too surprisingly Allen complains about something :zzz: pmsl He did win the match though, but I'm afraid Bingo will prove too strong for him in his next match tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way Wild:

you do regard Swail as an "old has been" or an "old never was"? ;-)

A bit of both tbh.

Swail was never a top player even in his prime it's ridiculous that robbo lost from a winning position.

These so called top players needs to hammer home a advantage and show who is boss.

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way Wild:

you do regard Swail as an "old has been" or an "old never was"? ;-)

A bit of both tbh.

Swail was never a top player even in his prime it's ridiculous that robbo lost from a winning position.

These so called top players needs to hammer home a advantage and show who is boss.

Why do you resent the old players so much?

Robertson hasn't been playing his best recently, same with Trump. You can't expect him to get far in every tournament. I'm not really surprised that Swail beat him to be honest, he keeps losing in the 2nd round now.