Topic locked

Re: International Championship WC & Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Ben Woollaston 4-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Nigel Bond 0-6 Mark Allen
Craig Steadman 5-1 Graeme Dott
Dominic Dale 3-3 Ian Burns
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-4 Mark Davis
Sam Baird 5-2 Kyren Wilson

Ben stops the rot

Postby Wildey

Ben Woollaston 4-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Craig Steadman 6-1 Graeme Dott
Dominic Dale 3-4 Ian Burns
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-5 Mark Davis
Sam Baird 6-2 Kyren Wilson

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:Damn, Higgins really is finished, isn't he?

It looks like that at the moment. But if he can accept that he isn't the player he once was and reinvents himself, he still can pull out a good run once in a while.

Peter Ebdon has been playing rubbish the last 5 years and still somehow managed to win 2 proper ranking events (against strong opponents, mind you). I don't see a reason why Higgins can't do that.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It looks like that at the moment. But if he can accept that he isn't the player he once was and reinvents himself, he still can pull out a good run once in a while.

Peter Ebdon has been playing rubbish the last 5 years and still somehow managed to win 2 proper ranking events (against strong opponents, mind you). I don't see a reason why Higgins can't do that.

in my book that still equates to finished

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

in my book that still equates to finished

So you're saying those 2 China Open Ebdon won recently mean nothing? He had to play well and beat some very good opponents to win them.

Higgins can too be like Ebdon if he truly wants to, he's definately good enough for that, and I think Higgins still has 1 or 2 rankers left in him, not Majors though.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What scares me is that someday Ronnie will play like Higgins today. That thought is unsettling.

When Ronnie starts playing that bad then he will truly retire, Ronnie will not want to be carrying on like that.

Remember that dire 2010-2011 season? If Ronnie carried on like that he would have definately retired... Again, Higginson match was the turnaround :D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie actually has a good chance of winning this tournament. His form isn't quite there yet but he played very focused and determined today. Also, Ding and Selby losing in the qualifiers certainly don't lower his chances.

Me too, although his next oppoent isn't easy either in McGill, but better than MacManus who beat Ronnie recently.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie actually has a good chance of winning this tournament. His form isn't quite there yet but he played very focused and determined today. Also, Ding and Selby losing in the qualifiers certainly don't lower his chances.

Me too, although his next oppoent isn't easy either in McGill, but better than MacManus who beat Ronnie recently.

Fully agreed. McManus lately seems to play very well against the likes of Higgins, Williams and Ronnie. McGill will be a somewhat easier task for Ronnie.

If Ronnie comes through that match, it's really on.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 26th of October

11.30am

Ben Woollaston 4-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Craig Steadman 6-1 Graeme Dott
Dominic Dale 5-6 Ian Burns
Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-6 Mark Davis
Sam Baird 6-2 Kyren Wilson

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Fully agreed. McManus lately seems to play very well against the likes of Higgins, Williams and Ronnie. McGill will be a somewhat easier task for Ronnie.

If Ronnie comes through that match, it's really on.

Ronnie's pattern in China seems to be he either loses first round or reaches the quarters, semis and Final, so yeah if he wins that one he has a good chance, this tournament is even bigger nowdays than the UK Champs, it is the unoffical "4th major".

Postby Wildey

Monday 27th of October

1.30am

Shaun Murphy v Yu De Lu streaming
Wang ZePeng v Mitchell Mann streaming
Noppon Saengkham v Stephen Maguire
Andrew Pagett v Peter Ebdon
David Gilbert v Zak Surety
Zhao Xintong v Kurt Maflin

6.30am

Neil Robertson v Matthew Selt Eurosport
Marco Fu v Liam Highfield streaming
Zhou Yuelong v Chris Melling
Matthew Stevens v Jamie Burnett
Fergal O'Brien v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Joe Swail v Andrew Higginson

11.30am

Jimmy Robertson v Judd Trump Eurosport
Xiao Guodong v Eden Sharav streaming
David Morris v Ricky Walden
Joe Perry v Mike Dunn
Barry Pinches v Robert Milkins
Rod Lawler v Oliver Lines

Postby hendry_fan

I,m i the only one who,s noticed so far?!,.....

I would like to congratulate Sonnys Snooker Island on creating such a great Snooker chat forum and it gettin it,s 1000th member!. :happy:

"Total Islanders 1000 • Latest arrival LandoFitzmaur".

<ok> Snooker Island= The greateast ever snooker chat forum!. :win:

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:What scares me is that someday Ronnie will play like Higgins today. That thought is unsettling.

Yes, and it will definitely happen sooner or later.

Until it happens, long may he continue to win more titles along the way. :-D