Topic locked

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 128 Discus

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Awful that Ronnie is being made to play in this. Pathetic stuff. He should've had a direct entry into round 2 and not have to play a 'qualifying' match to get to China.

And before anyone jumps in and accuses me of bias, I believe the likes of Robbo, Selby and Ding should also get the same treatment.

Maybe World Champion and Defending Champion but seeing that Ronnie is neither then tough rubbish.

Hearn has shot himself in the foot big time here, in my opinion. <doh>

no its educating the World that Snooker is bigger than any player and that is the right way to go.

players has to snap out of this im important coblers because they arent.....its about the sport players will come and players will go.

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines 5-5 Mitchell Mann
Aditya Mehta 6-3 James Wattana
Michael White 6-4 Sean O'Sullivan
Dominic Dale 6-3 Vinnie Calabrese
Jack Lisowski 2-6 Ian Burns
Cao Yupeng 4-6 Craig Steadman
Ding Junhui 0-1 Wang ZePeng
Graeme Dott 0-0 Lee Page
Robbie Williams 1-0 Ahmed Saif
Mark Williams 0-0 Scott Donaldson
Luca Brecel 0-1 Chris Melling

Postby Andre147

I don't agree with it either, you don't see that in any other sport, a top player having to play one qualifying match to get to a venue in the other part of the world, it just doesn't make any sense and as I said no other sport sees this. However, as Wild, all players should have to play it, regardless of their position in ranking, it's just the system that's wrong.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I don't agree with it either, you don't see that in any other sport, a top player having to play one qualifying match to get to a venue in the other part of the world, it just doesn't make any sense and as I said no other sport sees this. However, as Wild, all players should have to play it, regardless of their position in ranking, it's just the system that's wrong.

the system is right there is no qualifying match in a flat 128 its wrong to call it qualifying.

the only way this system can be right is if all 128 fly over to chengdu, beijing, berlin etc and play the tournament through in the venue.

at the moment that's unrealistic but its fairer than seeding some players through. there needs to be a structure and put players through based on popularity is wrong.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I don't agree with it either, you don't see that in any other sport, a top player having to play one qualifying match to get to a venue in the other part of the world, it just doesn't make any sense and as I said no other sport sees this. However, as Wild, all players should have to play it, regardless of their position in ranking, it's just the system that's wrong.

the system is right there is no qualifying match in a flat 128 its wrong to call it qualifying.

the only way this system can be right is if all 128 fly over to chengdu, beijing, berlin etc and play the tournament through in the venue.

at the moment that's unrealistic but its fairer than seeding some players through. there needs to be a structure and put players through based on popularity is wrong.

Yes you're right it's not a qualifyihg match, and yeah it would need to be like the UK Champs where all players are seeded through to play at the venue. I hope in time they will sort these issues, but don't get me wrong WS and Hearn are doing a good job and this is the way forward.

Postby Wildey

Monday 22nd of September

9.30am

Peter Lines 5-6 Mitchell Mann
Aditya Mehta 6-3 James Wattana
Michael White 6-4 Sean O'Sullivan
Dominic Dale 6-3 Vinnie Calabrese
Jack Lisowski 2-6 Ian Burns
Cao Yupeng 4-6 Craig Steadman

2.30pm

Ding Junhui 0-1 Wang ZePeng streaming
Graeme Dott 1-0 Lee Page
Robbie Williams 2-0 Ahmed Saif
Mark Williams 0-0 Scott Donaldson streaming
Luca Brecel 1-1 Chris Melling

7.30pm

Mark Joyce v Lu Ning
Ken Doherty v Joel Walker streaming
Kurt Maflin v Elliot Slessor
Neil Robertson v Alex Borg streaming
Matthew Selt v Alex Pagulayan

Postby Wildey

This tournament has so much Potential as a INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP you dont have to play it in one Country.

Why not play Last 128 and Last 64 in a proper Venue over 7 days say somewhere in Europe before then Moving it to the final venue in Chengdu.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:This tournament has so much Potential as a INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP you dont have to play it in one Country.

Why not play Last 128 and Last 64 in a proper Venue over 7 days say somewhere in Europe before then Moving it to the final venue in Chengdu.

Then even without the flat 128 draw by those words the World Championships should also be played all over the World.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:This tournament has so much Potential as a INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP you dont have to play it in one Country.

Then even without the flat 128 draw by those words the World Championships should also be played all over the World.

but there is Qualifying for the World Championship there isnt for the International

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Ding makes his first century in his match as he goes 4-2 up. Third century in the match overall.

And he reduces to 4-3 with almost his 3rd ton as well, a brilliant 85 break. Very nice standard this.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Wang wins the eighth despite needing a snooker. :hatoff:

And he fluked that snooker too when the cue ball rattled in the jaws of top pocket to end up behind the black.

Would be some win for the amateur player if he managed to win this match.

And Ding so far this season nowhere near the level he showed last season, especially at this time of year.

Postby Andre147

Williams wins easily 6-2 v Donaldson. That last 92 break was vintage Williams, if only he could produce that sort of form more often he could still be a contender for ranking events, but unfortunately he's just so inconsistent nowadays.
Last edited by Andre147 on 22 Sep 2014, edited 1 time in total.