Topic locked

Re: World Snooker International Championship Last 128 Discus

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Story in the papers around the last year's UK about Castle. Basically he stopped going to school and can barely read (if at all).

he should be a member of snooker island then <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 James Cahill
Marco Fu 6-0 Shane Castle
Fergal O'Brien 4-0 Fraser Patrick
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-3 Andrew Normans
Rod Lawler 3-1 Tian Pengfei

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie hasn't looked right since the WC. The form just isn't there, at the moment.

Don't worry, his good form will comeback, and since he plans to play more this season, plenty of oppurtunities to do so.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie hasn't looked right since the WC. The form just isn't there, at the moment.

Don't worry, his good form will comeback, and since he plans to play more this season, plenty of oppurtunities to do so.

Needs to be wary of the old burnout syndrome then if he plans to play more.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Cahill pots a very difficult red and then misses a very easy black. Well, match over for sure now.

I was stunned when he missed that easy black off its spot... I kinda wanted him to make that clearance you know...

Anyway, without hitting top gear, Ronnie did what he had to do, and as you said it's just a matter of getting through these "qualifying" matches, he can now improve once he plays in China.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Cahill pots a very difficult red and then misses a very easy black. Well, match over for sure now.

I was stunned when he missed that easy black off its spot... I kinda wanted him to make that clearance you know...

Anyway, without hitting top gear, Ronnie did what he had to do, and as you said it's just a matter of getting through these "qualifying" matches, he can now improve once he plays in China.

I really hope, Ronnie will reach the latter stages of this tournament, at least semi hopefully. As we know, he's usually playing below his class when playing in China. I really, hope, he won't have another first or second round defeat. That's would be a little blow imo.