Post a reply

Re: Indian Open Semi Final and Final Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

And White does it. Hope this is his proper breakthrough, time we had some new players coming through.

The MSI was almost as long as the match. I'll have to see the performance on YT later as my Internet was playing up the entire match.

Postby kolompar

Missed half of it, thanks Wildey <laugh>
Good win for White and I think the whole tournament was quite good despite the shorter format. With so many top players missing it wasn't the journeymen dominating but the younger players also did well. Thepchaiya is 29 but it's actually only his 4th season on tour so he's kind of an up-and-coming player too. :D

Postby Wildey

PoolBoy wrote:Kudos to one of the posters on here (can't remember who!) who suggested that with the format in India, 'a player like Michael White will probably win it'!
He's now up to world no.17!

hes actually up to World no 16 but with Carter Ranking being frozen he needs to get to wn 15 to be at the crucible as a seed.

Postby TheRocket

Didn't watch a frame of this tournament but well done to Michael White. It seems that he's finally showing his talent and may start winning tournaments on a regular basis. The first ranker is always a nice one, so all credit to him.

Hopefully he'll really break through now. We need new talents in the game.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Am I right in thinking White is the first player born in the 90s to win a ranking event?

i think hes the first player Born in the 90s to win any sort of event and now hes won 2

Judd Trump Born in 89 was the previous holder of the latest born to win a tournament.