Post a reply

Re: Indian Open Semi Final and Final Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Michael White.

This could be his big breakthrough but I'm still a bit skeptical. The Indian Open is nothing more than a PTC event in my book. You could even say that it was easier to win than a normal PTC because most of the top players didn't compete.

Yes me too, if it was a proper ranking event with all top players in it with the proper format, then yes it would have been a major breakthrough, as it is I agree with you, still a tad skeptical.

I do understand SFs point though, and it's great to see young talents like him winning titles, and, especially in the Final, he played awesome snooker, the best I've seen from him in fact, so beating a player like Walden is always good.

Hopefully, this won't be a one off and he'll start to get to the latter stages more often and winning more big tournaments.

Re: Indian Open Semi Final and Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Michael White.

This could be his big breakthrough but I'm still a bit skeptical. The Indian Open is nothing more than a PTC event in my book. You could even say that it was easier to win than a normal PTC because most of the top players didn't compete.

But you had the winner of the last Ranking event in it

it will count as a Main Ranking Event win the same way Ding's win was last season and if players cant be bothered to enter it shouldn't detract from the tournament thats their problem and not Michael's.

But Barry Hearn and Everyone involved has to wake up and realize there has to be a criteria involved in Main ranking events and that does not include Best of 7s rubbish and best of 9 final.