Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications OTO Shanghai Masters WC & Last 32

Postby TheRocket

If you ask John Higgins, I'm sure, he'll tell you that he isn't playing good Snooker since his WC victory in 2011. The Shangai Masters 2012 and the Wuxi Classic 2013 are the only two meaningful tournaments really which come into my mind where he played great Snooker. Especially that huge comeback and the maximum against Judd was something special.

But apart from that he had 3 really disappointing years and it's not for nothing that he called himself a "journeyman top-16 player" after his defeat to McManus in the WC. He knows he's passed his best and he'll probably have an Ebdon-like career now where he will have great moments here and there and where he could win another 1-2 rankers. I don't think though, that he'll win another major. And I don't think, John is the kind of player, who's following in Steve Davis or Jimmy White footsteps. If he knows, he's not good enough anymore, he'll retire. Same could be said about Ronnie and MJW.

While saying that, he's nevertheless a huge legend and will enter the history books as one of the greatest players of all time.

Postby Skullman

Ding Junhui 5-1 Jack Lisowski
Judd Trump 2-5 Dominic Dale
Ricky Walden 2-5 Michael Holt
Robert Milkins 1-5 Fergal O'Brien

So out of the 8 seeds that have played so far, 6 are going home. Draw opening up for all the seeds left.

Postby Andre147

Higgins rofl :wave: And some were having a go at Ronnie <doh> Despite Higgin's amazing achievments as TR said above, he's nothing but a simple journeyman now, virtually any player on a good day can beat him. How he lost this match from 4-2 up still don't know, it's no shame losing to a class player like Day on opening round, but he really shouldn't have this time.

A journeyman as I said, same as Williams these days.

Postby Skullman

Wednesday 10th of September

7.30am

Neil Robertson v Michael White TV
Graeme Dott v Yan Bingtao TV
Joe Perry v Martin Gould
Stuart Bingham v Li Hang

12.30pm

Mark Selby v Ken Doherty TV
Marco Fu v Zhao Xintong TV
Stephen Maguire v Jimmy Robertson
Mark Allen v Andrew Higginson

Postby Andy Spark

Is anyone actually watching this rubbish? Give me the six reds World Championship any day. A much better tournament. Thailand is a much better place than China anyway, for one thing they don't think mass murderers should appear on their bank notes.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Is anyone actually watching this rubbish? Give me the six reds World Championship any day. A much better tournament. Thailand is a much better place than China anyway, for one thing they don't think mass murderers should appear on their bank notes.

Is this because Ronnie got knocked out first round? :john:

There are other quality players out there, and this tournament has proven great over the years. Much better than that Hainan crap anyway.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:Is anyone actually watching this rubbish? Give me the six reds World Championship any day. A much better tournament. Thailand is a much better place than China anyway, for one thing they don't think mass murderers should appear on their bank notes.

buck off and watch that 6 reds load of rubbish on youtube then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuVpPwcdrNM