Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communications OTO Shanghai Masters WC & Last 32

Postby hendry_fan

I saw bits n pieces of the Selby/Doherty match and the bits n pieces i saw was mostly a load of scrambled eggs,both missin plenty of pots,both ran out of position on numerous occasions and played some verrrry sloppy safety.

Ah well,regardless of the scrambled eggs performance,Selbs commences to the next round. :-D

Postby Roland

Watched both matches this afternoon. Selby started off well and as he does, took his foot off the gas when he wasn't being put under any pressure and from then it went horribly scrappy.

This is the first time I've seen Zhao and the first chance he got he looked class. Very natural and fluent and with a hint of the Mark Williams float factor about him, but obviously as we've all seen before at that age thinks he can pot everything. To be fair he looks like he probably gets everything in practice but he'll learn that taking on some shots will cost you matches.

It's a good win for him but he looked nervous towards the end. I thought Fu had him in the decider and went off to do something, came back and Zhao was clearing for the match and he did it well. Exciting prospect.

Postby MignonSnooker

Dave Hendon mentions the 2012 International Championship in Chengdu. Xintong beat Ken Doherty 6-5 in the wildcard round and then lost the Last 32 match decider to Matthew Stevens. I remember how relieved Matthew looked ! The lad won the first frame after which Matthew got to 4-1. Zhao won frame after frame (got to 3-4 while needing a snooker!) and the forced the decider. Then he lost focus for a few seconds... Remarkable lad. :hatoff:

Postby Roland

Skullman wrote:He also beat Steve Davis 6-1, Steadman 6-2 and Barry Hawkins 6-1 in 2013 International Championship.

Lightbulb moment, of course that was him. I have seen him before <doh>