Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Impressive from Swail this morning Ebdon made the only 2 half century breaks in the match in 2 frames he lost.

Postby Andre147

McManus almost 3-1 up against Jonesy.

If he wins he'll face Ronnie at the venue, they haven't played for 10 years since the 2004 Masters.

And if he does come through I wouldn't rule out an upset early on, especially as it's China, and McManus has been playing pretty well in recent times.

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 2-2 Jimmy Robertson
Alan McManus 3-1 Jamie Jones
Michael White 3-1 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Ryan Day 3-2 Luca Brecel
Tom Ford 2-3 Andrew Higginson

Postby Skullman

Xiao Guodong 3-5 Jimmy Robertson
Alan McManus 5-3 Jamie Jones
Michael White 5-3 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Ryan Day 5-3 Luca Brecel
Tom Ford 4-5 Andrew Higginson

Postby Wildey

Friday 15th of August

2.30pm

Xiao Guodong 3-5 Jimmy Robertson
Alan McManus 5-3
Jamie Jones
Michael White 5-4 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Ryan Day 5-3 Luca Brecel
Tom Ford 4-5 Andrew Higginson

7pm

Mark Williams 0-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh streaming
Mark Davis 0-0 Matthew Selt streaming
Fergal O'Brien 0-0 Jamie Cope
Michael Holt 0-0 Stuart Carrington
Mark King 0-0 Ken Doherty

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw
Ding Junhui v Jack Lisowski
Joe Perry v Martin Gould
Graeme Dott v Liang Wenbo
Shaun Murphy v Joe Swail
Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
Stuart Bingham v Li Hang
Stephen Maguire v Jimmy Robertson
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Alan McManus
----------------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Michael White
John Higgins v Ryan Day
Mark Allen v Andrew Higginson
Barry Hawkins v Mark Williams/Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Marco Fu v Mark Davis/Matthew Selt
Robert Milkins v Fergal O'Brien/Jamie Cope
Ricky Walden v Michael Holt/Stuart Carrington
Mark Selby v Mark King/Ken Doherty

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams 1-0 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Mark Davis 0-1 Matthew Selt

in a scrappy first frame Mark Williams falls over the line and with a break of 69 selt moves a frame up on Mark Davis

Postby Andre147

MJW 3-1 up... when he's like this he's a joy to watch isn't he... I just wished he produced this sort of form more often nowadays and especially against the real top players, but unfortunately he's way too inconsistent.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams 3-1 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Mark Davis 1-2 Matthew Selt
Fergal O'Brien 2-0 Jamie Cope
Michael Holt 1-2 Stuart Carrington
Mark King 0-2 Ken Doherty

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:McManus to play Ronnie then. Tricky opener that one for Ronnie, needs to be on his game.

McManus has got no chance of beating Ronnie. <ok>

Lets hope Alan Rams that comment right back down your throat with a Swan Neck spider <ok>

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:McManus to play Ronnie then. Tricky opener that one for Ronnie, needs to be on his game.

McManus has got no chance of beating Ronnie. <ok>

You say that, but he did beat Higgins at the Worlds and last season at the IC he beat Trump in the decider 6-5.

I too think Ronnie will win, but it's China and we all know Ronnie doesn't usually play well there, especially in opening rounds, so it's not that much of an easy match.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams has to be careful Thepchaya is well capable. Mark has to take the chances or he will lose

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams 4-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Mark Davis 1-3 Matthew Selt
Fergal O'Brien 3-1 Jamie Cope
Michael Holt 2-2 Stuart Carrington
Mark King 0-3 Ken Doherty

Postby Wildey

Looking at Mark Williams playing at the moment hes nothing more than a journeyman cant see him re discovering the winners touch again.....his time has gone.

Postby Skullman

I don't see him winning anything any more (except maybe a PTC on a good weekend) I can still think he can refind some form and maybe threaten seeds again.

Look at Angles, who at 43 is playing better than he has for the last five years. Although I suspect McManus is more likely to put the work in than MJW these days.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I don't see him winning anything any more (except maybe a PTC on a good weekend) I can still think he can refind some form and maybe threaten seeds again.

Look at Angles, who at 43 is playing better than he has for the last five years. Although I suspect McManus is more likely to put the work in than MJW these days.

Angles wont be winning tournaments

yes he will have a good day and beat a top player but i think too much was said of his quarter final run at Sheffield he beat John Higgins and Mark Williams with respect to both they are has been's the only difference between Higgins and Williams is Williams is slightly further down but Higgins will be catching him up soon.

Postby Skullman

Anyway MJW beats Un-Nooh 5-3 and goes on to face Barry Hawkins in Shanghai.

There's a chance he could do well, as always did play well in China and Shanghai is where he had his last big run in a tournament, reaching the semis in 2012.

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams 5-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Mark Davis 1-4 Matthew Selt
Fergal O'Brien 3-1 Jamie Cope
Michael Holt 2-2 Stuart Carrington
Mark King 0-4 Ken Doherty

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Anyway MJW beats Un-Nooh 5-3 and goes on to face Barry Hawkins in Shanghai.

There's a chance he could do well, as always did play well in China and Shanghai is where he had his last big run in a tournament, reaching the semis in 2012.

In your dreams Mate 2012 is a trillion years away for Mark Williams.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Anyway MJW beats Un-Nooh 5-3 and goes on to face Barry Hawkins in Shanghai.

He's always played well in tournaments outside UK, think he has 7 or 8 rankers abroad, including 3 China Opens.

But I agree, he won't win another ranker again, unless and only unless most of the top seeds go out early and he has a very kind draw.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:Angles wont be winning tournaments

yes he will have a good day and beat a top player but i think too much was said of his quarter final run at Sheffield he beat John Higgins and Mark Williams with respect to both they are has been's the only difference between Higgins and Williams is Williams is slightly further down but Higgins will be catching him up soon.

Just saying that Angles managed to improve again in his 40s from the standard he played in his late 30s, so I don't see why that's out of the question for MJW (or Higgins).

Postby Wildey

Mark Davis 2-5 Matthew Selt
Fergal O'Brien 3-2 Jamie Cope
Michael Holt 3-2 Stuart Carrington
Mark King 0-5 Ken Doherty