Topic locked

Re: Australian Open Wild Card, Last 32 and Last 16 Discussio

Postby PoolBoy

Scotland's Maguire, Campbell and Donaldson all losing 5-0 with Higgins bowing out meekly, 5-2.
There must have been something in the haggis!

But Higgins is becoming the journeyman he predicted. The 4-4 head-to-head with Milkins is interesting in that Higgins won the first 4 and lost the last 4...that really shows how the pendulum has swung!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Holt vs Gould will be interesting. You tend to expect Holt to bottle these things. But will Gould's travel tiredness be a factor?

obviously wont be televised though

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:No. You could have two Page 3 girls who remove an item of clothing every time they miss a shot, and it wouldn't get televised with Robertson on the other table.

now that's something Bary Hearn could promote and put it on pay per view

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Mags. rofl

In Wuxi he whitewashed Trump 5 nil too, this time he got a taste of his own medicine.

Robbo has an easy route probably until semis, but I honestly don't think he'll win back to back rankers, Bingo will probably make sure of that in the semis.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

In Wuxi he whitewashed Trump 5 nil too, this time he got a taste of his own medicine.

Robbo has an easy route probably until semis, but I honestly don't think he'll win back to back rankers, Bingo will probably make sure of that in the semis.

there's nothing to back up that theory mate only speculation.

its who wants it the most and who plays to their best on the day.

i dont think there's any doubt who wants it the most its just a question of will he play to potential to give him a chance to win it.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

there's nothing to back up that theory mate only speculation.

its who wants it the most and who plays to their best on the day.

i dont think there's any doubt who wants it the most its just a question of will he play to potential to give him a chance to win it.

LOL Wild when was that supposed to be a theory? <laugh> It's just my opinion that I don't think Robbo will win this title, but don't get me wrong mate, Id like him to win his home event for everything he has done for Australia in Snooker.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 2nd of July

2.30am

Shaun Murphy v Jack Lisowski Streaming
Joe Perry v Alan McManus

Followed by

Judd Trump v Rory McLeod Streaming
Barry Hawkins v Peter Ebdon

10am

Neil Robertson v Andrew Higginson Live on Eurosport
Michael Holt v Martin Gould

Postby hendry_fan

Skullman wrote:And Jamie Jones finishes Mags off 5-0. Will face the winner of Robbo v Higginson next.

Also means that Alan McManus is the only Scot left in the tournament.

"Also means that Alan McManus is the only Scot left in the tournament."

Just as well i haven,t watched any of this tourney so far,i aint missin much!.

I wonder why the Scots have plunged so badly in this tourney,maybe they,re more intrested in enjoyin the summer and watchin the World Cup at the moment,(even though the Scots plunged in that as well). :roll: :-D

Postby Andre147

Well Shaun whitewashed Lisowski there 5 nil... just sec after Perry and McManus got to their MSI <laugh>

Shaun's long potting was immaculate, but Jack was all over the place, young players like him badly need to get their act together fast otherwise they will never truly fulfill their true potencial in the game.

Postby WoodK67

hendry_fan wrote:
Skullman wrote:And Jamie Jones finishes Mags off 5-0. Will face the winner of Robbo v Higginson next.

Also means that Alan McManus is the only Scot left in the tournament.

"Also means that Alan McManus is the only Scot left in the tournament."

Just as well i haven,t watched any of this tourney so far,i aint missin much!.

I wonder why the Scots have plunged so badly in this tourney,maybe they,re more intrested in enjoyin the summer and watchin the World Cup at the moment,(even though the Scots plunged in that as well). :roll: :-D

And good old Angles is still the last Scot left in the tournament after seeing off last weeks Wuxi Classic finalist Joe Perry.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 2nd of July

2.30am

Shaun Murphy 5-0 Jack Lisowski
Joe Perry 4-5 Alan McManus

Followed by

Judd Trump 5-2 Rory McLeod
Barry Hawkins 0-4 Peter Ebdon

10am

Neil Robertson v Andrew Higginson Live on Eurosport
Michael Holt v Martin Gould

Joe Perry must be Gutted after such a good run last week that almost gave him a Ranking tournament win he loses first time of asking.

Shaun Murphy was emphatic and looking at the frame scores Jack Lisowski only chance came in the 1st frame.

And now Hawkins is 4-0 down to Ebdon.

so was the journey from Wuxi to Bendigo a bit much in a short amount of time? and will Robertson show up these players as mentally weak?

Postby Wildey

Barry Hawkins 2-4 Peter Ebdon

The evening session gets underway soon but it wont disturb the TV Schedule but Holt v Gould will have to wait a long time if Hawkins wins this match