Post a reply

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Anyone watching Yuelong? He's the Chinese kid who won the World Amateur. I've watched 3 frames and can already tell he's world class. He knows how to play snooker alright. He knows how to judge cannons, how to play top quality safety, how to pot balls, he's got the lot and appears to have a mature head for his age with his shot selections. Currently 2-1 up on Dunn but Dunn had a few things go for him in the 3rd frame. I think Yuelong will win this match.

as soon as sonny speaks things went tits up for Zhou Yuelong.

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Although it's not like there's a lot of money made here. Kyren (and others) would get more winning a match in an EPTC than he would getting to the last 64 here.

Kyren should think Last 32, Last 16 not Last 64 its about making hay while the sun shines with so many top players not entering its opportunity screwed up.

Just saying if you want to make a good start moneywise, Australia not the place to do it. Wuxi was probably better. Anyway, there are so events there's plenty of opportunities to get on a run and get some money.

Doubt the money list worries will come for most pros until much nearer the end of the season anyway.

Postby Wildey

Too much pressure if they think like that and i have no doubt they do think like that plenty of tournaments etc etc BUT Just look at Steve Davis he went in to the Jungle fairly comfortable then he only managed 2 wins in major rankers after that and the pressure was building.

get a brilliant start to the season then it relieves the pressure at the death.

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Anyone watching Yuelong? He's the Chinese kid who won the World Amateur. I've watched 3 frames and can already tell he's world class. He knows how to play snooker alright. He knows how to judge cannons, how to play top quality safety, how to pot balls, he's got the lot and appears to have a mature head for his age with his shot selections. Currently 2-1 up on Dunn but Dunn had a few things go for him in the 3rd frame. I think Yuelong will win this match.

as soon as sonny speaks things went tits up for Zhou Yuelong.

Ha yeah. Dunn had a fluke in the 4th and made 60 odd then I watched Andy Murray then went back and Dunn was 3-2 up and scoring in the next. He had a miscue on a black off the spot and Yuelong took on a risky one to middle which he should have played safe off and it cost him 4-2 then Dunn won the last.

Just thinking about Dunn's miscue, he does get a lot of miscues for a professional player and you can see why with how he hits the ball. It's very billiardsy, he dips the cue through the ball so if the timing isn't exactly right he can miscue, and also hitting the ball that way means he's prone to touches of unwanted side causing the odd missed close range pot played pocket weight.

Anyway, Yuelong started off very well, a bit of run helped Dunn to 2-2 and he took control from there but Yuelong is clearly a very promising young player.

Postby Wildey

As a young Pro you will have inconsistencies it happened to them all where you think how can he lose that from there etc etc.

I think he took it badly by conceding without a fight in the 7th. i hope he wont be too hard on himself and realize Mike Dunn is a Good steady pro and he learns from it and come back better in his next match probably in the Asian Tour Event mid June.

Postby Andy Spark

Hopefully Luca fans will have their first win today. Would be a little concerning for Luca fans if Luca can't beat Wells, don't want another season opening with a run of losses!

Postby Wildey

Lee Walker has played Rory McLeod twice before losing both matches. Last time in 2007 in a Masters Qualifying Event last 64 where Rory won 4-1 and before that in the Last 80 of the Malta cup in 2005 and on that occasion Rory won 5-0.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 1st of June

11am

Jack Lisowski 5-3 Oliver Lines
Rory McLeod 5-4 Lee Walker
Joe Swail 5-2 Adam Bobat
Alfie Burden 5-1 William Lemons
Mike Dunn 5-2 Zhou Yuelong
Kyren Wilson 0-5 Ashley Carty
Noppon Saengkham scr Andrew Pagett w/o
David Morris scr Michael Leslie w/o
Dechawat Poomjaeng scr Sam Baird w/o

5pm

Anthony McGill v Joel Walker
Stuart Carrington v Ross Muir
Nigel Bond v Jak Jones
Luca Brecel v Daniel Wells streaming
Yu DeLu v Liam Highfield streaming
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh scr Darryl Hill w/o
Alex Davies v Barry Pinches
Matthew Selt v Allan Taylor

Postby Wildey

Anthony McGill 1-2 Joel Walker
Stuart Carrington 2-1 Ross Muir
Nigel Bond 3-0 Jak Jones
Luca Brecel 3-1 Daniel Wells
Yu DeLu 0-3 Liam Highfield
Alex Davies 2-1 Barry Pinches
Matthew Selt 0-2 Allan Taylor

Postby Andy Spark

JDM375 wrote:Luca through 5-2, not the greatest performance but a win is a win, Wells knocked in a 100 break in the fifth frame but didn't score strong enough in the other frames, hand chances.
Yes, but I am pleased with some of Luca's tactical play at the end of that frame. Well done Luca. :-)

Postby JDM375

Anthony McGill 2-3 Joel Walker
Stuart Carrington 4-1 Ross Muir
Nigel Bond 4-0 Jak Jones
Luca Brecel 5-2 Daniel Wells
Yu DeLu 1-5 Liam Highfield
Alex Davies 3-2 Barry Pinches
Matthew Selt 1-3 Allan Taylor

Postby Wildey

Anthony McGill 4-3 Joel Walker
Stuart Carrington 4-2 Ross Muir
Nigel Bond 4-1 Jak Jones
Alex Davies 3-3 Barry Pinches
Matthew Selt 3-3 Allan Taylor

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:
JDM375 wrote:Luca through 5-2, not the greatest performance but a win is a win, Wells knocked in a 100 break in the fifth frame but didn't score strong enough in the other frames, hand chances.
Yes, but I am pleased with some of Luca's tactical play at the end of that frame. Well done Luca. :-)

Yes, well done Luca.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 1st of June

5pm

Anthony McGill 5-3 Joel Walker
Stuart Carrington 5-3 Ross Muir
Nigel Bond 5-1 Jak Jones
Alex Davies 4-5 Barry Pinches
Matthew Selt 3-5 Allan Taylor

Postby Wildey

Monday 2nd of June

11am

Aditya Mehta v Cao Yupeng
Jamie Jones v John J Astley
Jimmy Robertson v Lu Ning
Gary Wilson v Oliver Brown Streaming
Scott Donaldson v Robbie Williams
Elliot Slessor v Ian Burns
Li Hang v Lyu Haotian
Jack Lisowski v James Cahill Streaming

5pm

Rory McLeod v Andrew Pagett
Joe Swail v Alfie Burden Streaming
Mike Dunn v Ashley Carty
Michael Leslie v Sam Baird
Anthony McGill v Stuart Carrington
Nigel Bond v Luca Brecel Streaming
Liam Highfield v Darryl Hill
Barry Pinches v Allan Taylor

sometime streaming decisions takes a lot to be desired

Postby Wildey

JDM375 wrote:Metha-Cao and Williams-Donaldson look far better matches.

my thoughts exactly.

i honestly question that they actually watch snooker or knows how to judge a good match.

Postby Wildey

Aditya Mehta 1-0 Cao Yupeng
Jamie Jones 0-0 John J Astley
Jimmy Robertson 0-0 Lu Ning
Gary Wilson 0-1 Oliver Brown
Scott Donaldson 1-0 Robbie Williams
Elliot Slessor 1-0 Ian Burns
Li Hang 1-0 Lyu Haotian
Jack Lisowski 1-0 James Cahill

I Think Match of the Round is Scott Donaldson v Robbie Williams it could even be described as a grudge match in many ways Robbie run to the Crucible meant Scott 2 year run that had him finished in 65th spot was for nothing as he fell out of the top 64 and lost all his ranking points

Postby Wildey

Aditya Mehta 1-1 Cao Yupeng
Jamie Jones 0-1 John J Astley
Jimmy Robertson 0-1 Lu Ning
Gary Wilson 1-1 Oliver Brown
Scott Donaldson 2-0 Robbie Williams
Elliot Slessor 1-0 Ian Burns
Li Hang 1-1 Lyu Haotian
Jack Lisowski 1-0 James Cahill