Post a reply

Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd~Sunday 29th of June in Wuxi City, China

Neil Robertson starting the season in the same vein as last season with a Final in Wuxi City his 15th final in World Ranking events chasing his 10th Ranking Tournament victory.

And in the final he will play his good friend and practice partner Joe Perry who will play in only his second ranking final.

Who will win?

DRAW

The Final

Neil Robertson v Joe Perry Robertson leads 9-8

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I aint seen much of this tournament, but it sounds like Perry has been playing well.

Perry's a good guy. I'd like to see him put up a fight.

Perry will have to get off to a flyer to stand a chance a 7-2 lead after the first session is a must for him.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I aint seen much of this tournament, but it sounds like Perry has been playing well.

Perry's a good guy. I'd like to see him put up a fight.

Perry will have to get off to a flyer to stand a chance a 7-2 lead after the first session is a must for him.

I wouldn't say it's a must, a 6-3 lead is a good one too, ok Robbo could easily comeback from that deficit and Perry might get a bit nervous when the winning line is close, but I would say with a 6-3 lead he has a chance.

Anything worse than that, say a 5-3 lead for Perry, then yeah Robbo will win.

Perry will have to get off to a flyer that's for sure, and just hope Robbo isn't on his game, which quite frankly won't happen because they are practice partners and know each others game inside out, and Robbo everytime he faces him seems to get inspired by that.

Postby Vallomas

Joe showed a lack of self confidence today wheh he made it 5-2. I feel that a big lead in the first session (like 7-2 or 6-3) may put much pressure on him than a narrow one.

Anyway, I am with Perry, he deserves a ranking title and maybe it is time to win it.

Postby Wildey

Vallomas wrote:Joe showed a lack of self confidence today wheh he made it 5-2. I feel that a big lead in the first session (like 7-2 or 6-3) may put much pressure on him than a narrow one.

Anyway, I am with Perry, he deserves a ranking title and maybe it is time to win it.

its not the lead that's the problem its getting over the line and if its a narrow lead then that will be heightened when he has no breathing space to cockerel up a few shots.

Gould missed a trick.

Postby Wildey

Maybe the hardest thing for Neil would be playing a mate but he is experienced enough to put that out of his mind at the death. so i still maintain 6-3 lead for Perry wont be good enough if he is to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Maybe the hardest thing for Neil would be playing a mate but he is experienced enough to put that out of his mind at the death. so i still maintain 6-3 lead for Perry wont be good enough if he is to win.

Yeah, I don't see that being a problem for Neil. He's too good a professional and too hard a competitor to let that bother him.

Postby SnookerFan

Why are Eurosport putting this on?

Nobody is getting up at the time to watch reviews of last night's World Cup matches, are they? Might as well put the actual live sport they have on, rather than putting on analysis of sport another channel own.

Postby Odrl

SnookerFan wrote:Why are Eurosport putting this on?

Nobody is getting up at the time to watch reviews of last night's World Cup matches, are they? Might as well put the actual live sport they have on, rather than putting on analysis of sport another channel own.

Yeah, desperate effort to get involved in the World Cup hype. They've brought in a bunch of analysts, but haven't actually bought the rights to even show highlights of the matches. Pointless stuff. :-)

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Spot on by Foulds.

The players in Wuxi are getting match practice in early, and are then jetting off to Bendigo.

Those that aren't there are missing out on valuable early season playing time.

its not about even that

Win a tournament early and it gives you breathing space to play your best Snooker in the knowledge im now in the Champion of champions and the World Grand Prix looks pretty secure too everyone else needs to match me now.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Spot on by Foulds.

The players in Wuxi are getting match practice in early, and are then jetting off to Bendigo.

Those that aren't there are missing out on valuable early season playing time.

its not about even that

Win a tournament early and it gives you breathing space to play your best Snooker in the knowledge im now in the Champion of champions and the World Grand Prix looks pretty secure too everyone else needs to match me now.

:hatoff: