Post a reply

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

Dan-cat wrote:I'm watching this from a farmhouse in Ibiza on the Eurosport player. Commentary has dropped off anyone else have the same problem?

Also does anyone have any evidence of Joe being gentlemanly? I wonder who gave him the name. I hope he wins. Seems his performance against Ronnie has fired him up.

Watching on ES. No problems there.

I thought the matches on the player had no comms anyway?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:Robbo has probably played one of his worst ever session with only 2 breaks over 40 and still only 5-4 down.

Joe Perry has missed a trick

Strange. Robertson seems to have a problem starting well in the big games lately.

Last season he started poorly

in Wuxi against Higgins
in Australia against Fu
in the UK against Selby
in China against Ding
in the Worlds against Trump
in the Worlds against Selby

Seems to become the norm for him.

Postby Wildey

First 3 seasons on tour off and on from 1998 to 2002 Neil Robertson won 18 matches in 27 tournaments played losing to the Likes of Tony Knowles and Joe Johnson and reached only 2 last 64 Loosing 5-1 to Jason Prince and 5-2 to Darren Morgan.

But when he came back on tour for the 3rd time in 2003/2004 season he won 28 matches in the 10 tournaments he played in and reached the Quarter final of the European Open losing 5-3 to Jimmy White and since then his career has gone from strength to strength.

Postby Andre147

Any chance Perry could somehow win this match? :chuckle:

If Robbo played that poorly in the first session and still managed to win 4 frames, he'll surely raise his game in the 2nd session, Joe would almost need to win at the very least 3 of the first 4 frames in the 2nd session to stand a realistic chance I think, because at 8-5 up he would have some breathing space.

Anything worse it's a Robbo win I'm sure.

Postby SnookerFan

I've had that conversation before with people, about where the Gentleman comes from.

I think it's just so they can call him Gentleman Joe. It does have the ring of calling him that for the sake of calling him something. Like they couldn't think of anything better.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Any chance Perry could somehow win this match? :chuckle:

If Robbo played that poorly in the first session and still managed to win 4 frames, he'll surely raise his game in the 2nd session, Joe would almost need to win at the very least 3 of the first 4 frames in the 2nd session to stand a realistic chance I think, because at 8-5 up he would have some breathing space.

Anything worse it's a Robbo win I'm sure.

personally i think the chance for perry has gone..

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:personally i think the chance for perry has gone..

I think Robertson will be more relieved of the two. He played a lot worse than Perry, and is only a frame behind. Also bear in mind that Perry is more likely to be nervous getting towards the finishing post than Robertson.

I'd love to see Perry win this match. Robertson will win loads more titles anyway. But Robbo is still favourite with only one frame left in it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:typical aussie friend or no friend he will take all the points he can get

That's the way you've got to be in sport, isn't it?

I think that's why Australia have success in, if not all sports, at least the one's they take seriously. Like rugby and cricket. It's because winning is everything, and second place is a loss.

In Britain we have more of a 'as long as we try our best' approach in a lot of sports.

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 5-6 Joe Perry

i just think the score is too close for perry to be a realistic winner he has history of feeling the heat when in a winning position in matches.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:typical aussie friend or no friend he will take all the points he can get

That's the way you've got to be in sport, isn't it?

I think that's why Australia have success in, if not all sports, at least the one's they take seriously. Like rugby and cricket. It's because winning is everything, and second place is a loss.

In Britain we have more of a 'as long as we try our best' approach in a lot of sports.

absolutely

aussie motto is 'as long as we try our best to kick their heads in' <laugh>