Post a reply

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:That's Jimmy whites total matched

whos next wild ?????

About time you showed up. rofl

:-)

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hi Andre how are you doing?

Very well SO, enjoying Summer time :-D

Need to change my avatar though <laugh> might bring the good old Dulux back or something similar.

Great. I'm doing alright as well. I also felt it was time to change the old avatar, a year was long enough.

By the way, I'll be on holiday in Portugal in September. Looking very much forward to that :-D

Which city if I'm allowed to ask?

I live in the Algarve by the way, so plenty of beaches here, enjoying summer very much. :-D

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:Robbo looks gutted for joe

Shows what great friends they are

He should have let Joe have this one then :john:

He isn't Stephen Lee.

Well said

Postby Skullman

Andy Spark wrote:Your English language skills are so lacking that I can barely be bothered to explain to you. However, I shall afford you some time.

Why do you think I put "played" in capital letters? The shot was PLAYED perfectly. The OUTCOME was imperfect. This shot was one of those rare occasions in snooker where you had to aim for the center of two successful outcomes and hope that the first red did not hit exactly where you aimed. He knew when he struck the shot that if he played it 100% perfectly then the second red would not drop, he had to hope that he didn't play the shot perfectly, however, unfortunately he did. He could have elected to play for either side to eliminate this issue, in which case a perfect shot would have met with a perfect outcome, however, the problem in doing so is that the margin of error on the shot would have halved.

If you're aiming for the 'centre of two successful outcomes' you're not playing a shot perfectly. And I don't know how the perfect way he played the shot was perfect if the second red wouldn't drop. The way he played it might have been the least likely to fail, but that doesn't make it perfect.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Need to change my avatar though <laugh> might bring the good old Dulux back or something similar.

Great. I'm doing alright as well. I also felt it was time to change the old avatar, a year was long enough.

By the way, I'll be on holiday in Portugal in September. Looking very much forward to that :-D

I live in the Algarve by the way, so plenty of beaches here, enjoying summer very much. :-D

I'll discuss details via private messages ok?

Postby SnookerFan

Drunken joking aside (I know, I've been hysterical), this was an immense final. People call event like this Mickey Mouse. But that was one of the best finals I've seen in a while.

The first snooker I saw was the odd frame or two yesterday. The first full match was today. And it made me wish I'd watched more. That was a brilliant example of why snooker isn't as boring as people make out.

A decent match is a decent match, no matter what tournament it's played in. And that, my friends at the Island, was a decent match.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'll discuss details via private messages ok?

Yeah thats perfectly allright <ok>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Drunken joking aside (I know, I've been hysterical), this was an immense final. People call event like this Mickey Mouse. But that was one of the best finals I've seen in a while.

The first snooker I saw was the odd frame or two yesterday. The first full match was today. And it made me wish I'd watched more. That was a brilliant example of why snooker isn't as boring as people make out.

A decent match is a decent match, no matter what tournament it's played in. And that, my friends at the Island, was a decent match.

Did you have your first beer at 7:30? <laugh>

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Drunken joking aside (I know, I've been hysterical), this was an immense final. People call event like this Mickey Mouse. But that was one of the best finals I've seen in a while.

Well said. There have been some dismal finals in so called bigger events, and two of the best finals of the last couple of years (imo) have both been in these 'tinpot' chinese events (IC with Ding and Fu, and Shanghai with Higgins and Trump in case you're wondering).

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Did you have your first beer at 7:30 a.m? <laugh>

No. <laugh> If I did, I'd have drank more than a six-pack.

There was a pub that opened the other week for the England rugby game in New Zealand. I was having a bacon sandwich by 8:30am, and a pint by 9:15am. :?

I know, I know. AA on standby. :sad:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

Well said. There have been some dismal finals in so called bigger events, and two of the best finals of the last couple of years (imo) have both been in these 'tinpot' chinese events (IC with Ding and Fu, and Shanghai with Higgins and Trump in case you're wondering).

Fully agree Skull, Finals of chinese events are often cracking ones..
Last edited by Andre147 on 29 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

I got the radio on now. They're playing that one by Boston.

"More than a feeling, when I hear the old songs they used to play.........."

:hatoff: Old 'uns are the best.

Okay, you're right. No more beers for me. Except maybe a couple, because I fancy the barmaid next door. :gag:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Forget about Ding, he should be aiming for Sourface's 36.

You know Robertson is 32 not 22?

Think Cloud meant Ding should be aiming for 36. Doubt he'd manage it though. He'd have to keep up last season's pace for another five years.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Forget about Ding, he should be aiming for Sourface's 36.

You know Robertson is 32 not 22?

Think Cloud meant Ding should be aiming for 36. Doubt he'd manage it though. He'd have to keep up last season's pace for another five years.

36 or not. I don't think its gonna happen. But the most important thing for him is now winning the World anyway.