Topic locked

Re: Wuxi Classic Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Marco Fu has a chance in the frame he needs to win after Bingham had a initial 59 break

Postby Wildey

as soon as i said that Fu missed/ran out of position etc and bingham takes the match to a decider

Postby SnookerFan

Odrl wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What a win by Murphy. :D

Guess again. ;-) Pretty unimpressive really, he could have lost 5-0 against a more solid player, and he had plenty of chances to win 5-0 himself. I suspect he will play a different game against Robertson, but I'm not sure if he has the form to beat him.

Yeah, that was my reading of the game as well. :gag:

Maybe I'll start talking more sense when I get round to watching some matches. (Probably not.)

Postby Wildey

Bingham got the snookers he needed but hes back in the snookers required stage 36 behind with 27 on

Postby Wildey

Thursday 26th of June

7.30am

Neil Robertson 5-1 Michael Holt
Zhao Xintong 2-5 Shaun Murphy
Marco Fu 5-4 Stuart Bingham
Alan McManus 2-5 Barry Hawkins

12.30pm

Martin Gould v Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump Eurosport
Cao Yupeng v Robin Hull
Joe Perry v Liang Wenbo Eurosport

Postby Odrl

Well, Perry is ranked higher than Day at this point, and Liang is ranked higher than Gould, so that match was always going to be first choice if you take the home bias into account as well...

Postby Wildey

Odrl wrote:Well, Perry is ranked higher than Day at this point, and Liang is ranked higher than Gould, so that match was always going to be first choice if you take the home bias into account as well...

but rankings should not be used to determine a streaming match It should be best one on one and that could be Jack Lisowski v Kyren Wilson over a top 16 match up.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:but rankings should not be used to determine a streaming match It should be best one on one and that could be Jack Lisowski v Kyren Wilson over a top 16 match up.

Hard to judge, to be fair. Sometimes matches you think are going to be good are duds, and other matches go a lot closer than you anticipate.

Not that I'm trying to defend World Snooker. Who always seem to pick the wrong match. rofl

Postby Wildey

of course you cant predict But when you got Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ben Judge streamed then you know the cockerel up before it starts lol

Postby Odrl

Wildey wrote:but rankings should not be used to determine a streaming match It should be best one on one and that could be Jack Lisowski v Kyren Wilson over a top 16 match up.

I don't know, I can't see any top16 pairing that I would find boring. O'Sullivan vs Carter perhaps... ;-)

But yeah, it's the lower-ranked player that usually makes the pairing exciting, but unfortunately the biggest names automatically get chosen for TV, even when it's Robertson or Selby against complete outsiders, while Williams-Day could be played backstage for example...

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:of course you cant predict But when you got Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ben Judge streamed then you know the cockerel up before it starts lol

True. rofl

But the TV companies won't see that as a cock-up because Ronnie brings more viewership than a decent close-run match that he isn't in. They aren't interested in which match is the best, they are interested in television viewers.

Postby Wildey

Robin Hull has reached 2 Quarter Finals of ranking events before.

2003 Welsh Open Beating John Higgins and Graeme Dott before Mark Williams beat him 5-4

and

2006 Malta Cup beating Steve Davis and Barry Hawkins before Graeme Dott beat him 5-0

The last time he played in a Last 16 was the 2006 UK Championship losing 9-1 to Graeme Dott _(world champion at the time) after beating Neil Robertson 9-5 in the last 32

Could he reach another Quarter Final 8 years on?

Postby Wildey

Martin Gould 1-1 Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire 1-0 Judd Trump
Cao Yupeng 0-1 Robin Hull
Joe Perry 1-0 Liang Wenbo

Postby Wildey

Martin Gould 2-1 Ryan Day
Stephen Maguire 2-0 Judd Trump
Cao Yupeng 0-2 Robin Hull
Joe Perry 3-0 Liang Wenbo

hahaha Dom Dale says Judd should attack more instead of playing the Maguire style of game.

how time has changed i thought maguire was a attacking player lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
hahaha Dom Dale says Judd should attack more instead of playing the Maguire style of game.

how time has changed i thought maguire was a attacking player lol

Maybe the BBC will stop referring to it as 'naughty snooker'. They'll have to come up with a new gag. <laugh>

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Stephen Maguire is on course to extend his head to head against trump to 10-2

:shock:

You wouldn't have thought the H2H was quite that much, would you?

Out of interest, were a lot of those 10 before Judd won the China Open?

After China Open that Judd won in 2011 its 6-1 mags and in Main Events its 2-1 mags

Postby Skullman

Careless miss on the last red from Judd, and Mags eventually takes the frame for the whitewash. Unexpectedly one sided.

Mags not shown much that would leave Gould or Day quaking in their boots though.

Postby SnookerEd25

kolompar wrote:Looks like theres no stream of the other two tables
Tried to find on my147 but I only found a picture of Tom Ford riding a crocodile

Bah! I was trying to find a pic of Tom Ford riding a crocodile, but all i can find is bloody Snooker streams... >-(