Topic locked

Re: Wuxi Classic Wild Card & Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

yup and im sure there are grounds but it really needs to be water tight case.

sometimes players just apply to late and therefore its their fault its not as if they dont know problems with visas exists.

Postby Wildey

Barry Hearn has responded to the Alexander Ursenbacher withdrawing with a hard nose no exeptions regarding players qualifying and withdrawing will get no Ranking points and no Prize Money.

and he pin pointed No Exceptions

so with that in Mind had Ali Carter played and won his match in Gloucester and pulled out of Wuxi with Lung Cancer he would receive no Prize Money and no Ranking points

https://twitter.com/CueTracker_Ron/stat ... 8820899840

Postby fridge46

There needs to be an arrangement between World Snooker/Promoters/China where at the start of the season players on the main tour are given visa/s to play in China throughout the season.

So, lets say during late may/early june, players should apply for and receive a visa/s that grants entry to play in China between:

15-Jun to 30-Jun (AT1, Wuxi);
24-Aug to 15-Sep (AT2, Shanghai);
18-Oct to 3-Nov (AT3, International Championship);
18-Jan to 2-Feb (AT4, World Open);
28-Mar to 6-Apr (China Open).

From what I have read, it takes a maximum of 10 days (3 days for express service) to receive a visa.

This should be done also for all countries the Tour visits, and for none EU players to play in England.

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:Oh wow Hearn is annoying with that hard line stuff. Absolutely detest the bloke.

you detest a guy who lets be honest here has single handed changes snooker from a joke in to profession.

i don't agree with this decision however i can see why he felt it necessary.

for years Snooker players had the say to buck up this sport and for years they did just that brilliantly. Last season snooker players were again taking the snake hiss so if anyone is to blame its players yet again.

Postby Wildey

Monday 23rd of June

3am

Ricky Walden v Peter Lines Streaming
Yu DeLu v Yan Bingtao Streaming
Andrew Norman v Zhao Xintong
Scott Donaldson v Chen Zifan
Robbie Williams v Niu Zhuang
Fraser Patrick v Sam Baird

7.30am

David Grace v Judd Trump Eurosport
Xiao Guodong v Robin Hull Eurosport
Tony Drago v Stuart Bingham
Gary Wilson v Alan McManus
Michael Holt v Rory McLeod
Kurt Maflin v Anthony Hamilton

12.30pm

John Higgins v Anthony McGill Eurosport
Marco Fu v Craig Steadman Eurosport
Cao Yupeng v Mark King
Fergal O'Brien v Ben Woollaston
Michael Georgiou v Marcus Campbell
Neil Robertson w/o Alexander Ursenbacher

Postby Wildey

Monday 23rd of June

3am

Ricky Walden 5-0 Peter Lines
Yu DeLu 4-5 Yan Bingtao
Andrew Norman 3-5 Zhao Xintong
Scott Donaldson 3-5 Chen Zifan
Robbie Williams 5-1 Niu Zhuang
Fraser Patrick 3-5 Sam Baird

7.30am

David Grace v Judd Trump Eurosport
Xiao Guodong v Robin Hull Eurosport
Tony Drago v Stuart Bingham
Gary Wilson v Alan McManus
Michael Holt v Rory McLeod
Kurt Maflin v Anthony Hamilton

12.30pm

Neil Robertson w/o Alexander Ursenbacher
Marco Fu v Craig Steadman Eurosport
John Higgins v Anthony McGill Eurosport
Cao Yupeng v Mark King
Fergal O'Brien v Ben Woollaston
Michael Georgiou v Marcus Campbell

Postby Tamctus

Great 101 break by Robin to go 1-1 against Xiao Guodong <ok>
If Robin can get through this one he has a good chance to get to quarter-finals as his quarter of the draw really isn't the toughest there is.

Postby Wildey

David Grace 1-2 Judd Trump
Xiao Guodong 2-1 Robin Hull
Tony Drago 0-3 Stuart Bingham
Gary Wilson 2-1 Alan McManus
Michael Holt 0-2 Rory McLeod
Kurt Maflin 0-3 Anthony Hamilton

Postby ttol

Wildey wrote:
ttol wrote:Oh wow Hearn is annoying with that hard line stuff. Absolutely detest the bloke.

you detest a guy who lets be honest here has single handed changes snooker from a joke in to profession.

i don't agree with this decision however i can see why he felt it necessary.

for years Snooker players had the say to buck up this sport and for years they did just that brilliantly. Last season snooker players were again taking the snake hiss so if anyone is to blame its players yet again.

<doh>

Explain to me how Alexander Ursenbacher is at fault here.

Postby Wildey

Kurt Maflin is a player that many has backed this season to push on and challange for a top 16 place however its not started too well he is 4-0 down to Anthony Hamilton

Postby Wildey

ttol wrote:Hearn is indeed a car crash. It's like putting Arthur Daley in charge of snooker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ondon.html

The guy's lust for power is almost as big as his ginormous ego.

some people have short memories who the hell else would you like to be in charge Rex Williams, Rodney Walker etc etc?

for 30 years self interest and ego ruined snooker from one administration to another and Barry Hearn in only 4 years has done more than nobody else in 30 years for the interest of the game as i said i don't agree with a blanket rule on this however your talking absolute rubbish.

to many people commenting on issues they know nothing about if you ask me.

Postby Skullman

David Grace 1-5 Judd Trump
Xiao Guodong 3-4 Robin Hull
Tony Drago 2-5 Stuart Bingham
Gary Wilson 3-3 Alan McManus
Michael Holt 1-3 Rory McLeod
Kurt Maflin 1-5 Anthony Hamilton

Postby ttol

Wildey wrote:
ttol wrote:Hearn is indeed a car crash. It's like putting Arthur Daley in charge of snooker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ondon.html

The guy's lust for power is almost as big as his ginormous ego.

some people have short memories who the hell else would you like to be in charge Rex Williams, Rodney Walker etc etc?

for 30 years self interest and ego ruined snooker from one administration to another and Barry Hearn in only 4 years has done more than nobody else in 30 years for the interest of the game as i said i don't agree with a blanket rule on this however your talking absolute rubbish.

to many people commenting on issues they know nothing about if you ask me.

LOL. Sure Hearn has introduced some new tournaments but his meddling nature irks me and a lot of others. Besides the fact a lot of these tournaments, namely the PTCs are tinpot in nature and its a widely regarded fact that most of the pros don't like them. So unless you're a pro yourself (which you aren't) my opinion means as much as yours, so kindly wind your neck in mate.

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 3-5 Robin Hull

Robin Hull building on his run to the crucible with a last 32 in Wuxi hes got a long way to go to get anywhere near the top 64 but this is a good start

Postby Roland

On the Ursenbacher thing, I initially felt he was harsh done by but then you think why the rule was brought in. Look at his draw, Neil Robertson. Most of the £3000 would go towards expenses and then you've got the jet lag and travel to deal with all when you're more than likely to lose the opening match so maybe it's better to pull out and use the money to live on and prepare for the next event.

I'm not saying that's what he's done, but apparently visa's aren't that hard to obtain for China and the thinking behind that scenario shows why the rule needed to be brought in. The prize for winning the first match is such that it is elevated slightly over other equivalent events to ensure the player has enough money to reasonably cover expenses to get to the venue.