Topic locked

Re: Wuxi Classic Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby Andy Spark

Gnomy wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I am thinking it would be a bit of a downer for the Tournament if Ding didn't qualify.

It would be a huge let down for a billion people

Yes, especially as Ding comes from Wuxi. So you could say it would be more of a disappointment than the others. Still he might wake up yet.

Postby Gnomy

Andy Spark wrote:
Gnomy wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I am thinking it would be a bit of a downer for the Tournament if Ding didn't qualify.

It would be a huge let down for a billion people

Yes, especially as Ding comes from Wuxi. So you could say it would be more of a disappointment than the others. Still he might wake up yet.

Has be been playing poorly? or is it just that Brown has come out all guns blazing or is it both?

Postby Andy Spark

Ding is not playing well, Brown is playing quite well for his ranking but nothing special. Mostly just Ding playing poorly I'd say. Particularly disappointing is Ding's cue ball control.
Last edited by Andy Spark on 25 May 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Ding Junhui 0-4 Oliver Brown
Nigel Bond 1-2 Michael Tomlinson
Martin Gould 4-1 Adam Duffy
Peter Lines 5-0 Liu Chuang

Postby Wildey

Ding should be ashamed of himself if hes not put the work in for this match.

Postby Gnomy

JDM375 wrote:Brown whitewashes Ding, who needs to get back on the practice table

Why didn't he practice??

Postby Gnomy

Andy Spark wrote:Ding is not playing well, Brown is playing quite well for his ranking but nothing special. Mostly just Ding playing poorly I'd say. Particularly disappointing is Ding's cue ball control.

OMG I thought that was embedded into him;

however this gives me new hope.

*evilGrin*

Postby Gnomy

Andy Spark wrote:0-5! Oh Ding! :emb:

He's been brownwashed!

It took me a long time to realize that, that wasn't a racist comment :P

Postby Gnomy

Even if he hasn't been practicing, shouldn't two or maximum three frames be enough for his to fine tune his game?
I am amazed :O

Hopefully; god forbid; he hasn't gone down the dark side :O :O

I just can't come to terms with this whitewash.

Postby Andy Spark

I don't know if he already is, but Ding should see a psychologist or "sports psychologist". Given his ability then to get whitewashed 5-0 by an amateur, I'd say there are probably some issues that he needs to sort out with a professional that understands the stresses on him. I suppose he could have been physically unwell.

Postby Andy Spark

Gnomy wrote:

The dark side? You mean become depressed. I guess it must have been pretty depressing what happened at the World Championship. Maybe he still hasn't got over it. :-(

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Spark wrote:
Gnomy wrote:

The dark side? You mean become depressed. I guess it must have been pretty depressing what happened at the World Championship. Maybe he still hasn't got over it. :-(

This I believe to be the case. It isn't that long ago. The snooker season is now too long. I don't know why it starts so soon after The World Championships. There will be freak results in these qualifiers this for China and Australia, and even in the main draws for these events.

Postby Wildey

Ding Junhui 0-5 Oliver Brown
Nigel Bond 2-4 Michael Tomlinson
Martin Gould 5-1 Adam Duffy
Peter Lines 5-0 Liu Chuang

Postby Wildey

Oliver Lines qualifies for a venue for the first time in his first pro tournament and he will play Oliver Brown.

You didnt get that sort of scenario before the Flat 128.

Postby JDM375

Looking back at last year, the biggest shocks were Selby losing 5-3 to Andrew Pagett and Shaun Murphy 5-1 to Alex Davies.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Gnomy wrote:

This I believe to be the case. It isn't that long ago. The snooker season is now too long. I don't know why it starts so soon after The World Championships. There will be freak results in these qualifiers this for China and Australia, and even in the main draws for these events.

This was in his home event he had enough time to lick his wombs then have a drink or 2 sober up get back on the table and put up a good performance its called being a pro Neil Robertson had no problems doing that after a semi final loss in Sheffield.

Postby fridge46

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Gnomy wrote:

This was in his home event he had enough time to lick his wombs then have a drink or 2 sober up get back on the table and put up a good performance its called being a pro Neil Robertson had no problems doing that after a semi final loss in Sheffield.

erm... is there something about Ding I dont know about....?!