Topic locked

Re: Wuxi Classic Last 128 Discussion !!!

Postby snooky147

JDM375 wrote:Eden Sharav 3-1 up on Dott,

Sharav with breaks of 93,79,56 and 70 for 3-1. I would suggest Graeme a tad fortunate not to be 4-0 down.
Looks like the boy is playing well.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 1-3 Joel Walker
Mark King 2-1 Lee Walker
Graeme Dott 1-3 Eden Sharav
Stuart Carrington 0-2 Scott Donaldson

Postby Wildey

I Know its early season but for me this is the time to start performing and notch up an early title then relieve the pressure on the remainder of the season with a title in the bank.

Postby Wildey

Dott v Sharav had the look of the tie of the round and World Snooker failed to spot it i do feel i should be in charge of streaming.

Postby snooky147

Wildey wrote:Dott v Sharav had the look of the tie of the round and World Snooker failed to spot it i do feel i should be in charge of streaming.

It wouldn't have mattered lol. They still would not have shown it.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 3-3 Joel Walker
Mark King 2-2 Lee Walker
Graeme Dott 4-3 Eden Sharav
Stuart Carrington 1-3 Scott Donaldson

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump 5-3 Joel Walker
Mark King 2-3 Lee Walker
Graeme Dott 5-3 Eden Sharav
Stuart Carrington 2-3 Scott Donaldson

Postby Wildey

JDM375 wrote:King-Lee Walker stopped mid-frame for some reason.

King gone for a re tip apparantly

Postby Wildey

All the Thai players have withdrawn because of Visa issues

Ken Doherty w/o Ratchayothin Yotharuck
Fergal O'Brien w/o Noppon Saengkham
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh scr Robin Hull w/o
Dechawat Poomjaeng scr Andrew Norman w/o

Postby JDM375

Surely will be better the have top ups to replace them in Aussie Open draw as I doubt it will be resolved for the weekend?

May not be possible due to format of draw I know.

Postby fridge46

Wildey wrote:All the Thai players have withdrawn because of Visa issues

Dechawat Poomjaeng scr Andrew Norman w/o

WTF!!! I wonder what World Snooker would do if Thailand refused visa for british players the PTC finals next year.....

Also, I didnt I read that like 1-2 weeks ago, James Wattana had his visa extended?!

Postby Andy Spark

That is a big shame for the Thais. :-( Are the Thai military not letting the Thai's out or is it the UK not letting them in? Maybe a bit of both, must admit I don't fully understand all the international travel issues following a military coo, but I am guessing that the wheels of officialdom in Thailand are moving very slowly at the moment.

Postby Wildey

Monday 26th of May

7pm

Judd Trump 5-3 Joel Walker
Mark King 5-3 Lee Walker
Graeme Dott 5-3 Eden Sharav
Stuart Carrington 2-5 Scott Donaldson

Although technically Carrington was the higher seed in this match with Donaldson we all know that is false...Scott was agonizingly close to being ranked in the top 64 and then bang dropped down to 100 or less by having all his great work count for nothing.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 27th of May

10am

Xiao Guodong v Liam Highfield streamed
Joe Perry v Jak Jones streamed
Liang Wenbo v Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett v Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams v Mark Owens

2.30pm

David Gilbert v Sean O'Sullivan streamed
Robert Milkins v Chris Norbury streamed

7pm

Tom Ford v Chris Wakelin
Luca Brecel v Craig Seadman streamed
John Higgins v Michael Wasley streamed

Postby roy142857

Andy Spark wrote:That is a big shame for the Thais. :-( Are the Thai military not letting the Thai's out or is it the UK not letting them in? Maybe a bit of both, must admit I don't fully understand all the international travel issues following a military coo, but I am guessing that the wheels of officialdom in Thailand are moving very slowly at the moment.

Per Snooker Thailand Facebook page

"The only reason the Thai players could not play in Wuxi is because their UK Visa is not granted yet .It will come but takes some time"

Postby Wildey

Ian Glover is in action today on the Main Tour for the first time since 1999 having turned pro in 1995 having won only 9 matches in 3 seasons on the main tour but his last season he only played in the World Championship losing 5-2 to Australian Johl Younger and his best finish in a World Ranking event was as a Amateur in the World Open in Glasgow where he reached the last 128, if he beats Liang Wenbo today it would be his personal best in Main Ranking event but also in 2010 he reached his best finish a last 32 in PTC 4 at the World Snooker Academy losing 4-1 to Barry Hawkins after beating Marcus Campbell 4-3 and Adam Wicheard 4-0.

His career high ranking has been 255 but by being on the main tour alone this season he has surpassed that.

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 0-1 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 0-0 Jak Jones
Liang Wenbo 1-0 Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett 1-0 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams 0-0 Mark Owens

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 0-3 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 1-1 Jak Jones
Liang Wenbo 2-0 Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett 2-1 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams 1-0 Mark Owens

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong has turned the match on it head and taking charge its now 3-3 from 3-0 down against Q School graduate Liam Highfield

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 3-3 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 4-1 Jak Jones
Liang Wenbo 5-2 Ian Glover
Jamie Burnett 4-2 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams 4-1 Mark Owens

Postby Andy Spark

roy142857 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:That is a big shame for the Thais. :-( Are the Thai military not letting the Thai's out or is it the UK not letting them in? Maybe a bit of both, must admit I don't fully understand all the international travel issues following a military coo, but I am guessing that the wheels of officialdom in Thailand are moving very slowly at the moment.

"The only reason the Thai players could not play in Wuxi is because their UK Visa is not granted yet .It will come but takes some time"

Thank you, I hope it gets sorted soon. Particularly bad for Jack as he was going to play in the legends too.

Postby Wildey

Great response from Highfield to re take the lead at 4-3 and Perry completed a 5-1 win over Jak Jones of Wales.

Postby Wildey

Andy Spark wrote:
roy142857 wrote:

Thank you, I hope it gets sorted soon. Particularly bad for Jack as he was going to play in the legends too.

yea he could have had his picture taken by Stephen Hendry too he must be fuming

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 4-4 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 5-1 Jak Jones
Jamie Burnett 4-3 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams 4-2 Mark Owens

Postby Andy Spark

Wildey wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Thank you, I hope it gets sorted soon. Particularly bad for Jack as he was going to play in the legends too.

yea he could have had his picture taken by Stephen Hendry too he must be fuming

Well, Jack entertained a lot of people at the Crucible with his smile and antics. Hendry is a legend for winning a lot, but there is more than one way to become a legend! This high profile Legends engagement would probably have led to extra exhibitions and money for him, he'll be very disappointed! :-(

Postby Wildey

Xiao Guodong 4-4 Liam Highfield
Joe Perry 5-1 Jak Jones
Jamie Burnett 5-3 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Robbie Williams 5-2 Mark Owens