Post a reply

Will Ronnie turn up?

Yes
0
No votes
No
14
100%
 
Total votes : 14

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Snookerfan wrote:Is this what you were desperate to discuss?


There were other issues I wanted to raise, but that can wait! :D

Anyway, I think Ronnie will shock the world by, not only turning up, but also claiming the title.

no chance he will be turning up in india for £50,000 for the winner Ronnie is a money hussy.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andy Spark

India is dry and dusty. It's full of poverty and rather smelly. Don't really think it's Ronnie's cup of tea but then again maybe he'll wake up and fancy a Ruby Murray and a trip to see the spider sisters.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Casey

Can't see it with that prizemoney, you never know though...well wait, we do :-)

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

I do think Ronnie's next tourney appearance will be either at the next German ptc or really only in the Uk Champs in December. He won't bother going to India or China for the Internacional and Shanghai Masters.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Ronnie will be back in time to win the world championships again.


That would be lovely, though 3 times in a row I think it's a bit too much to ask, but of course nothing Ronnie does surprises me so you never know...

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

i do think players should not be allowed to Play in a World Championship unless they do the Hard Graft around the World and for that reason alone moving the World Championship to china could become very appealing for me so that Ronnie and his like has to Move their baboons shiny behinds.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby snooky147

Nevermind India, He's not at Shanghai either. He seems determined enough to play in as little as possible and that's ok, its his choice.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Indeed it's his choice, IMO it shows the lack in serious quality in snooker these days that a guy can take a year off and come back to win the worlds. Even if it is ronnie. Today's players need to buck up.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Roland

The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.

yea the most hollow poor excuse for a World Champion snooker has ever had.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Indeed it's his choice, IMO it shows the lack in serious quality in snooker these days that a guy can take a year off and come back to win the worlds. Even if it is ronnie. Today's players need to buck up.


Yes it's his choice, and although obviously as a Ronnie fan I would like him to play in more events, even if he decides to only play in the Majors or only the Worlds it's his choice, and I absolutely loved the fact that Ronnie won this year's Worlds despite the fact some like Wild were wishing he got out in round 1... rofl :-D not only he didn't do that, but sucefully defened his title, and that's the greatest thing a snooker player can achieve. Though like I said earlier I don't think he can win it 3 times in a row, but I also didn't think he would defend it, so we can never write him off. I would be very happy if he played in a couple more ptc's, Uk Champs, Masters and maybe another tourney before the Worlds. After all, didn't he say he had to fulfill some contract by enterering 7 events or whatever? he has only entered 1, so 6 more to go, but knowing Ronnie if he isn't up for it he won't give a donkey doo about the contract, we'll just have to wait and see, like always,

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

snooky147 wrote:Nevermind India, He's not at Shanghai either. He seems determined enough to play in as little as possible and that's ok, its his choice.


How do you know he's not going to Shanghai?

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

By the way I heard Ronnie will play in all 3 German tournaments this season (Paul Hunter Classic, Ruhr Open and German Masters).

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.

yea the most hollow poor excuse for a World Champion snooker has ever had.


Absolute nonsense!

The World Championship is a 17 day event that happens in April/May.

What happens throughout the remainder of the season has no bearing on the WC.

Absolute bullocks of course it has a bearing Christ sake a World Champion should be a ambassador for the sport and promote the sport by turning up to events and not bucking about playing rubbish exhos with Jimmy in Legends.

He does buck all for snooker sitting on his bottom twiddling himself.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby snooky147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Nevermind India, He's not at Shanghai either. He seems determined enough to play in as little as possible and that's ok, its his choice.


How do you know he's not going to Shanghai?


Because Graeme is not playing a qualifier and being 16th seed he would have been if Ronnie had entered.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.

yea the most hollow poor excuse for a World Champion snooker has ever had.


Absolute nonsense!

The World Championship is a 17 day event that happens in April/May.

What happens throughout the remainder of the season has no bearing on the WC.

Absolute bullocks of course it has a bearing Christ sake a World Champion should be a ambassador for the sport and promote the sport by turning up to events and not bucking about playing donkey doo exhos with Jimmy in Legends.

He does buck all for snooker sitting on his bottom twiddling himself.


Yes I do agree he should promote the sport, but then again he has nothing left to prove and he has indeed promoted the sport in the past when he played in almost every event, and you can't absolutely say he isn't a worthy world champion because like Jewel said that is a unique event that almost every time has no bearing in the rest of the season. A player could virtually win all tournaments in a season and then come to the Worlds and do nothing and go out in round 1, just goes to show how unique that event is, but I do understand your point that being World Champion he should play in more events. But like I said I'm not criticising Ronnie cause he doesn't have to prove anything else,

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way I heard Ronnie will play in all 3 German tournaments this season (Paul Hunter Classic, Ruhr Open and German Masters).


Yes SO I actually read that on the German Eurosport website, so I do honestly hope he doesn't find any late hour excuses and plays in those events, and I'm fairly certain he'll play at the Uk champs and Masters, mostly the Masters cause he also said being World Champion would garantee him a place there and he wnats to play in it. So those 3 german tournaments, Uk, Masters and then Worlds I would be happy if Ronnie entered them all, no garantees with him of course, but a good sign still.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.

yea the most hollow poor excuse for a World Champion snooker has ever had.


Absolute nonsense!

The World Championship is a 17 day event that happens in April/May.

What happens throughout the remainder of the season has no bearing on the WC.

Absolute bullocks of course it has a bearing Christ sake a World Champion should be a ambassador for the sport and promote the sport by turning up to events and not bucking about playing donkey doo exhos with Jimmy in Legends.

He does buck all for snooker sitting on his bottom twiddling himself.


Yes I do agree he should promote the sport, but then again he has nothing left to prove and he has indeed promoted the sport in the past when he played in almost every event, and you can't absolutely say he isn't a worthy world champion because like Jewel said that is a unique event that almost every time has no bearing in the rest of the season. A player could virtually win all tournaments in a season and then come to the Worlds and do nothing and go out in round 1, just goes to show how unique that event is, but I do understand your point that being World Champion he should play in more events. But like I said I'm not criticising Ronnie cause he doesn't have to prove anything else,


its now Barry Hearn wants promoting not in the past and i for one would make it compulsory to play in the World Championship you have to play 50% of the tournaments during the season.

Ronnie is World Champion in name only he is not a True World Champion unless he travels the World as the Champion of the World.

Tin Pot if ever there was one.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:The more events he misses, the more I hope he goes out in round 1 when he does decide to play.


I think you're not alone in that. It don't help that when he does turn up, the BBC presenters queue up to shove their heads up his bottom.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:Yes I do agree he should promote the sport, but then again he has nothing left to prove and he has indeed promoted the sport in the past when he played in almost every event, and you can't absolutely say he isn't a worthy world champion because like Jewel said that is a unique event that almost every time has no bearing in the rest of the season. A player could virtually win all tournaments in a season and then come to the Worlds and do nothing and go out in round 1, just goes to show how unique that event is, but I do understand your point that being World Champion he should play in more events. But like I said I'm not criticising Ronnie cause he doesn't have to prove anything else,


I know that Ronnie leads in H2H against Higgins but because of his desolate H2H against Higgins in the last years, I would like it, if he wins one more time against Higgins in a very big match. Something like WC, UK or Masters Semifinal/Final. This should be his final goal. To beat his great Rival one more time to prove that he is the better player. Actually he already is the superior player (very big majority of players and experts agree) and mainly because of his 5 World Title now but yet I don't want him to retire when people are talking that he couldn't beat Higgins since 4 years in a ranker.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Yes I do agree he should promote the sport, but then again he has nothing left to prove and he has indeed promoted the sport in the past when he played in almost every event, and you can't absolutely say he isn't a worthy world champion because like Jewel said that is a unique event that almost every time has no bearing in the rest of the season. A player could virtually win all tournaments in a season and then come to the Worlds and do nothing and go out in round 1, just goes to show how unique that event is, but I do understand your point that being World Champion he should play in more events. But like I said I'm not criticising Ronnie cause he doesn't have to prove anything else,


I know that Ronnie leads in H2H against Higgins but because of his desolate H2H against Higgins in the last years, I would like it, if he wins one more time against Higgins in a very big match. Something like WC, UK or Masters Semifinal/Final. This should be his final goal. To beat his great Rival one more time to prove that he is the better player. Actually he already is the superior player (very big majority of players and experts agree) and mainly because of his 5 World Title now but yet I don't want him to retire when people are talking that he couldn't beat Higgins since 4 years in a ranker.


Yeah me, you and SO had already discussed that Higgins topic on another thread, and I agree, nothing better than to beat him in a big match like that, and mind you I still think Higgins has 1 more world title left in him, and you know with Ronnie now up to 5 he will be even more hungry to add to his 4 world titles as these 2 have pretty much shared them since 2007, so another reason for Ronnie to carry on for at least a couple of years, and I think he'll carry on, but like we've seen playing in fewer events.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby SnookerFan

Just my two cents, here.

I don't think Ronnie's achievement in winning the world title can be undermined. As much as I don't really like his part-time player status, taking a year off and then coming back to win the world title has to be respected from an sporting achievement standpoint, if nothing else. I don't think anybody else in the game could do that.

Saying that, I agree with Sonny and Wild. It's a real shame that the World Champion can't be fussed to travel to half the tournaments. He's the World Champion, not the Champion of Sheffield.

That's Ronnie though. I've almost reached a point that I've stopped caring. This not new. He was always half-arsed about going to China. Him pulling out of international tournaments isn't something that started last year. It's reached a point where I'm surprised that anybody else is surprised by it.

Re: Will Ronnie go?

Postby Wildey

im not surprised by it at all but it really takes away the shine of being World Champion for me.