Post a reply

Re: Gdynia Open (European Tour 8) Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Should do, but he's looking at nervier than he has done all weekend.

It has been a while since he's won something and he's strong favourite on paper, so could be adding pressure...

Postby Skullman

And Murphy finishes Fergal off to win his first event carrying ranking points in almost three years. Not a big title, but I doubt any player will say no to a confidence boost and a trophy.

He’s played well when he had to. Made plenty of good breaks, including his third career max and his long potting was as good as I’ve seen it. He even played good safety and his cannons were very un-Murphylike (aka they worked out). Let’s see what effect it has on the rest of his season…

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:And Murphy finishes Fergal off to win his first event carrying ranking points in almost three years. Not a big title, but I doubt any player will say no to a confidence boost and a trophy.

He’s played well when he had to. Made plenty of good breaks, including his third career max and his long potting was as good as I’ve seen it. He even played good safety and his cannons were very un-Murphylike (aka they worked out). Let’s see what effect it has on the rest of his season…

Yeah, very happy to see Murphy play well again and win an event, even if it is only a PTC it's like you say, hopefully this result will boost for greater things.

He's wonderful to watch on this sort of form, and sometimes he can be underated by some, he's not in the level of Robbo, Ding or Selby for instance, but at his best I would put him up there close, would be in the same level of them if he had a better safety game.

And glad Skull kept the forum alive <laugh> I didn't post much because I had some internet problems over the weekend, particularly today.

The turning point for me in this match wasn't so much the first frame when both had chances but definately the 2nd... Murphy missed a black off its spot, scattered the reds all over the place and Fergal looked odds on to take the frame but missed an easy pink to right middle and Murphy took a 2nd chance to lead 2 nil, and from there Fergal couldn't really recover.

Postby Andre147

edwards2000 wrote:Nice to see the work Murphy is putting in pay off. A good run at the World Champs would not shock me. I'll be hoping Ronnie is on opposite side :)

Ronnie having an easy opponent in a World Final huh rofl I can only think what the haters would say about that, considering according to them his previous opponents :john:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Oh and by the way Murphy is due to play Robbo tomorrow at 12 p.m in the CL rofl

CL pmsl

He'll still make there earlier than Robbo.

:lol: <ok>

Postby edwards2000

Andre147 PGC wrote:
edwards2000 wrote:Nice to see the work Murphy is putting in pay off. A good run at the World Champs would not shock me. I'll be hoping Ronnie is on opposite side :)

Ronnie having an easy opponent in a World Final huh rofl I can only think what the haters would say about that, considering according to them his previous opponents :john:

Maybe Ronnie can troll them this year and we can have Barry Pinches or some other journeyman in the final. :gag:

Postby Skullman

edwards2000 wrote:Maybe Ronnie can troll them this year and we can have Barry Pinches or some other journeyman in the final. :gag:

Be realistic. It's unlikely that Ronnie would get past Lawler in the semis.

Postby Blavdes

Andre147 PGC wrote:Oh and by the way Murphy is due to play Robbo tomorrow at 12 p.m in the CL rofl

CL pmsl

It is quite tragic really isn't it :roll:

Smurph will turn up and probably put in some more excellent performances like the pro that he is.

Postby Andy Spark

Well done Shaun! A great ambassador for snooker. I'm pleased for him. Yes, I'll even open a bottle of wine to celebrate, and yes, I'll even think about Shaun for a millisecond while I drain it. :party: