Post a reply

Re: Antwerp Open (European Tour 7) Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

Mark :hatoff:

I'll be honest I didn't think he could it until he made that century in the sixth. It may 'only' be a PTC, but a final's a final, and after the PHC semi, I think he needed to remind Ronnie why he should be scared of Mark.

It's not a BBC major match, but I'd still be gutted if Mark lost this match, and admit it Ronnie fans, you're not happy about this, are you?

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:Mark :hatoff:

I'll be honest I didn't think he could it until he made that century in the sixth. It may 'only' be a PTC, but a final's a final, and after the PHC semi, I think he needed to remind Ronnie why he should be scared of Mark.

It's not a BBC major match, but I'd still be gutted if Mark lost this match, and admit it Ronnie fans, you're not happy about this, are you?

Where is the facility to like this comment?

:shrug:

Postby TheRocket

No of course not and all credit to Mark, he just hold himself together as he always does in deciders. Ronnie missed a stupid black and got punished. It must hurt him but life goes on.

Postby vodkadiet

In a game of mental midgets, Selby shows mettle. It is a shame some of these other so called 'top players' cannot follow suit.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 17 Nov 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:It's not a BBC major match, but I'd still be gutted if Mark lost this match, and admit it Ronnie fans, you're not happy about this, are you?

Not gutted but disappointed. But at the end of the day these PTCs are only the warm-up for the bigger tournaments coming up.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 17 Nov 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:In a game of mental midgets Selby shows mettle. It is a shame some of these other so called 'top players' cannot follow suit.

I regard players like Higgins and Ebdon as strong as Selby in the mental department but they don't have the game anymore , Selby has it. That's the difference.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:It's not a BBC major match, but I'd still be gutted if Mark lost this match, and admit it Ronnie fans, you're not happy about this, are you?

Not gutted but disappointed. At the end of the day these PTCs are only the warm-up for the bigger tournaments coming up.

It's gutting from a Selby fan perspective, because anyone of the top players can win a tournament on their day, but Mark's unique in the effect he has on Ronnie, and two losses in a row would be a sign that that's changed.

Postby Andre147

First things first, Ronnie YET AGAIN sucumbs to a Selby comeback :irk:

I definately agree with your first part I made in bold, had Ronnie won this, even if it's only a PTC, it never hurts to know you've beaten one of your nemesis twice in a row. As it is, yeah Ronnie AGAIN is reminded of Selby's famous comebacks against him, and next time he faces him it'll always be on the back of his mind.

And of course not happy, but life goes on and it would be much much worse if it was in an important match at say UK, Masters or Worlds.

Good practice as Ronnie rightly said. :john:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Not gutted but disappointed. At the end of the day these PTCs are only the warm-up for the bigger tournaments coming up.

It's gutting from a Selby fan perspective, because anyone of the top players can win a tournament on their day, but Mark's unique in the effect he has on Ronnie, and two losses in a row would be a sign that that's changed.

Fully agree, you might say things are back to zero again between the 2.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

After the match today, I must say that Ronnie's victory over Selby two months ago is vital now. I said before, that a defeat in that match hadn't changed anything but after losing against in a decider against him he needed a victory against Selby to prove himself that he can beat Selby anytime. His H2H against Selby is still good (12:7) but Selby is still a very nasty opponent for him.

What Ronnie needs is a victory over Higgins now. And I'm sure it will come this season.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I think what we learned is that a Selby vs Ronnie match is pretty much a toss of a coin. Ronnie won last time, this time Selby got the better of him. From Ronnie's perspective a 50-50 chance of winning a match isn't quite satisfactory.

But:
In the CoC, UK and Masters Selby and Ronnie can only face each other in the final and the chances that both of them make it all the way through are quite slim I suppose.

Selby has to perform at the Worlds again and Ronnie was the least of his worries so far in the previous years.

Postby TheRocket

snooker loopy wrote:Be quite nice to see them meet in a best of 11 at the Champion of Champions, to give us a better idea of who's going to walk away with the UK.

Champions of Champions won't say anything, anyone can win the UK, there are easily 7-8 players.

Postby hendry_fan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!.

Mark Selby does it again,comes back and beats Ronnie.

Well done Mark,very well done,when he went 3-1 down even though we all know how good he is at comebacks,i thought it was over.

And before certain Ronnie fans go on and have a rant at me for mentioning that Ronnie lost and because i,m celebrating with Selby,i would like to say,....

Ronnie played very good snooker throughout the tourney,although it has to be said,his opponents did,nt put him under much pressure and even though Bingham played rubbish against him,he still had numerous chances to send him packing but as he often does,he bottled it and Ronnie went on to win 4-3. :td:

Great end to the week seeing Selbs beat Ronnie again!.

Well done Mark!. :clap:

"Nasty man and his crackpot Ronnie freinds must be throwing there toys out there prams right now.

But s they say in McDonalds,....."I,mmmmmmmmm lovin it"!. :happy:

The Belgium presenter should get his facts right,STEPHEN HENDRY IS THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYER,Ronnie has the chance to become the greatest ever!.

Most of the people who say Ronnies the greatest ever are people who did,nt even witness Hendry when he was in his prime,how he played throughout the 90,s!.

Anyway,thats all i,d like to say for the mom,gotta go to bed now,back at work tommorrow.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hendry fan is back! rofl rofl :clap:

I have a feeling, my dispute with him a couple of months ago is the reason for his anti Ronnie trip . If I remember correctly he wasn't like that before, he did even congrulate Ronnie to his fifth WC Win.

Postby snooker loopy

TheRocket wrote:
snooker loopy wrote:Be quite nice to see them meet in a best of 11 at the Champion of Champions, to give us a better idea of who's going to walk away with the UK.

Champions of Champions won't say anything, anyone can win the UK, there are easily 7-8 players.

I agree that there's at least ten or so players who can win the UK, but Selby and ROS are easily the favourites for it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

snooker loopy wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I agree that there's at least ten or so players who can win the UK, but Selby and ROS are easily the favourites for it.

What about Ding and Robertson?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hendry fan is back! rofl rofl :clap:

I have a feeling, my dispute with him a couple of months ago is the reason for his anti Ronnie trip . If I remember correctly he wasn't like that before, he did even congrulate Ronnie to his fifth WC Win.

Yeah, I remember you two had some sort of conflict one day and it slightly escalated and since then Hendry fan is having his rants every time Ronnie loses a match.