Post a reply

Re: Zhangjiagang Open (Asian Tour 2) Discussion!!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 26th of September

Approx 8am

Last 16
Ma Tingpeng 0-4 Zhou Yuelong
David Grace 1-4 Michael Holt
Mei Xiwen 1-4 Rouzi Maimaiti
Zhong Lin 0-4 Liang Wenbo
Cao Yupeng 1-4 Ju Reti
Ross Muir 0-4 Da Hailin
Lu Chenwei 4-3 Yan Bingtao
Tang Jun 4-0 Fang XiongMan

Approx 12pm

Quarter Finals
Zhou Yuelong 1-3 Michael Holt
Rouzi Maimaiti 1-2 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 2-1 Da Hailin
Lu Chenwei 0-1 Tang Jun

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Zhou Yuelong 1-4 Michael Holt
Rouzi Maimaiti 1-3 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 2-2 Da Hailin
Lu Chenwei 1-1 Tang Jun

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Rouzi Maimaiti 1-4 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 3-2 Da Hailin
Lu Chenwei 2-2 Tang Jun

Postby Wildey

Thursday 26th of September

Approx 12pm

Quarter Finals
Rouzi Maimaiti 1-4 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 4-3 Da Hailin
Lu Chenwei 4-2 Tang Jun

Postby Wildey

Friday 27th of September

3am

Semi Finals
Michael Holt v Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti v Lu Chenwei

8am

Final
Michael Holt/Liang Wenbo v Ju Reti/Lu Chenwei

Postby Skullman

I'm wondering, has an amateur ever won a ranking event before (I'm including minor ones such as PTCS in this)? I know they've reached finals before, Li Hang AT3 last year and Joe Swail at the PHC last year.

Postby vinot

I gotta say, with the draw looking the way it did, I am really disappointed in how Tian Pengfei did. It looked like the perfect way for him to cruise to a final and perhaps a win. It would have been real easy way to secure his main tour spot. This was the best chance he'll ever get. And he didn't cope winning one game.

This was a guy I really believed in, I was certain a few years back he would be Chinas number 2 by now. Now as it is, I'm not even sure he'll be on tour next year.

Postby roy142857

World Snooker have Lǚ Chēnwĕi spelt Lu Chenwei. So you might think the same family name as 'Lu Ning', but actually the same family name as 'Lyu Haotian' (Chinese recommendation if not using Pinyin tone marks is to spell their surname Lü and to only use Lyu if no umlaut (the mark over the 'u') available on the system being used).

With tone marks, 'Lu Ning' is Lǔ Níng

Postby Wildey

Friday 27th of September

3am

Semi Finals
Michael Holt 4-1 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 4-2 Lu Chenwei

8am

Final
Michael Holt 0-2 Ju Reti

Postby roy142857

Sadly missed the last 2 frames because a work problem came up ...

But 4 - 1 victory for Jū Rètí who seems to have become a very determined player since losing humiliatingly (in his view) to Mark Williams in 2012 (he was very delighted to get revenge on Williams this year). Seems to have been a strong motivation.

Postby vinot

Yeah I really waited for new Chinese players to step up, it's been only Ding a couple of years now so I think it's terrific: first with Xiao Guodong runner up in the Shanghai Masters and now this win for Ju Reti.

Think he'll be a nice addition to the tour next year, hope he'll commit to being a proffesional snooker player now.

Postby Wildey

Friday 27th of September

3am

Semi Finals
Michael Holt 4-1 Liang Wenbo
Ju Reti 4-2 Lu Chenwei

8am

Final
Michael Holt 1-4 Ju Reti

Postby SteveJJ

Those currently set to qualify for the main tour through the Asian Tour Of Merit are:

Ju Reti
Scott Donaldson (although currently in position to qualify via European Tour Of Merit as well)
Lu Chenwei
Da Hailin
Liu Chuang

Postby Dannyboy

This tournament caries 2,000 ranking points for the winner (which coincidentally hasn't been claimed by a pro), alike all other PTC tournaments.

Does this tournament justify that status considering only about a quarter of pros travelled to Zhangjiagang?

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:This tournament caries 2,000 ranking points for the winner (which coincidentally hasn't been claimed by a pro), alike all other PTC tournaments.

Does this tournament justify that status considering only about a quarter of pros travelled to Zhangjiagang?

Well yes it was open to every player and his dog to enter if players don't enter Tough hardly the tournaments or world snookers fault..

Postby fridge46

Dannyboy wrote:This tournament caries 2,000 ranking points for the winner (which coincidentally hasn't been claimed by a pro), alike all other PTC tournaments.

But unlike other PTC tournaments, the winner gets £10,000, compared to £20,000 for UK PTC winners and €25,000 (£20,833) for Euro PTC winners.

Postby Wildey

i think its safe to say Ju Reti is nailed on to have a 2 year Card for the Main Tour 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons.