Post a reply

Re: Bluebell Wood Open (European Tour 3) Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 3-2 Liang Wenbo
Mike Dunn 2-1 Ahmed Saif
Stephen Maguire 3-1 Allan Taylor
Jamie Cope 2-2 Xiao Guodong
David Grace 2-1 Noppon Saengkham
Ken Doherty 0-4 Peter Lines
Fergal O’Brien 2-1 Liu Chuang
Chris Wakelin 0-3 Ross Muir
Shaun Murphy 3-2 Jak Jones
Martin Gould 3-1 Robin Hull
John J Astley 2-2 Lee Page

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Whatever problem was in Smurph's game on Sunday, he seems to have fixed it. Smashing Jak Jones with big breaks. 115 and 98 from what I've seen in the last two frames.

and hes only 3-2 up despite those breaks

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson 3-3 Liang Wenbo
Mike Dunn 4-1 Ahmed Saif
Stephen Maguire 4-2 Allan Taylor
Jamie Cope 2-4 Xiao Guodong
David Grace 2-1 Noppon Saengkham
Fergal O’Brien 4-1 Liu Chuang
Chris Wakelin 1-3 Ross Muir
Shaun Murphy 4-2 Jak Jones
Martin Gould 4-1 Robin Hull
John J Astley 3-2 Lee Page
Martin O’Donnell 0-0 Jimmy White
Tom Ford 1-0 Andrew Higginson
Daniel Wells 0-0 Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman 0-0 Elliot Slesso

Postby Wildey

Friday 16th of August

9am

Neil Robertson 3-4 Liang Wenbo
Mike Dunn 4-1 Ahmed Saif
Stephen Maguire 4-2 Allan Taylor
Jamie Cope 2-4 Xiao Guodong
David Grace 4-2 Noppon Saengkham
Ken Doherty 0-4 Peter Lines
Fergal O’Brien 4-1 Liu Chuang
Chris Wakelin 2-4 Ross Muir
Shaun Murphy 4-2 Jak Jones
Martin Gould 4-1 Robin Hull
John J Astley 4-2 Lee Page

Approx 11am

Jack Lisowski 0-0 James Wattana
Martin O’Donnell 1-0 Jimmy White
Tom Ford 3-0 Andrew Higginson
Daniel Wells 0-1 Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman 0-1 Elliot Slessor
Dominic Dale 0-0 Chris Norbury

Approx 11.30am

David Gilbert 0-0 Li Yan
Alan McManus 0-0 Mohamed Khairy
Barry Pinches 0-0 Allister Carter
Ricky Walden 0-0 Passakorn Suwannawat

Approx 12.30pm

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Lyu Haotian
Ryan Day v Adam Duffy
Anthony McGill v Dave Harold
Joe Perry v Mark Allen

Approx 1pm

Tony Drago v Oliver Lines
Matthew Stevens v Paul Davison
Joe Swail v Lee Spick
Liam Highfield v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Approx 2pm

Rod Lawler v James Cahill
Nigel Bond v Aditya Mehta
John Higgins v Jamie Burnett

Approx 3.30pm

Liang Wenbo v Mike Dunn
Stephen Maguire v Xiao Guodong
David Grace v Peter Lines
Fergal O’Brien v Ronnie O’Sullivan/Lu Haotian
Ross Muir v Jack Lisowski/James Wattana
Martin O’Donnell/Jimmy White v Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford/Andrew Higginson v Daniel Wells/Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman/Elliot Slessor v Dominic Dale/Chris Norbury

Approx 5pm

Martin Gould v John J Astley
David Gilbert/Li Yan v Alan McManus/Mohamed Khairy
Barry Pinches/Allister Carter v Ricky Walden/Passakorn Suwannawat
Ryan Day/Adam Duffy v Anthony McGill/Dave Harold
Joe Perry/Mark Allen v Tony Drago/Oliver Lines
Matthew Stevens/Paul Davison v Joe Swail/Lee Spick
Liam Highfield/Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Rod Lawler/James Cahill
Nigel Bond/Aditya Mehta v John Higgins/Jamie Burnett

Approx 7.30pm

8 x Last 32 Matches

Postby Wildey

Jack Lisowski 1-2 James Wattana
Martin O’Donnell 2-0 Jimmy White
Tom Ford 3-0 Andrew Higginson
Daniel Wells 1-1 Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman 0-2 Elliot Slessor
Dominic Dale 1-0 Chris Norbury
David Gilbert 0-1 Li Yan
Alan McManus 1-0 Mohamed Khairy
Barry Pinches 0-1 Allister Carter
Ricky Walden 0-1 Passakorn Suwannawat

Postby Wildey

it baffles me how people think this sport success relies on Ronnie...... the resurgance has happened or beginning to happen while mr 10 tournaments been sulking or farming.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:it baffles me how people think this sport success relies on Ronnie...... the resurgance has happened or beginning to happen while mr 10 tournaments been sulking or farming.

Of course it doesn't, sure he can pull a crowd but the sport will continue regardless. He's still the most enjoyable to watch though IMO.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:it baffles me how people think this sport success relies on Ronnie...... the resurgance has happened or beginning to happen while mr 10 tournaments been sulking or farming.

Of course it doesn't, sure he can pull a crowd but the sport will continue regardless. He's still the most enjoyable to watch though IMO.

sure hes good to watch but theres a hell of a lot of others if people will take their blinkers off

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:

sure hes good to watch but theres a hell of a lot of others if people will take their blinkers off

Well this is the only problem, there aren't enought televised events to really showcase the other players, I've noticed that in the sport it takes a good run in the UK, Masters or Worlds for a player to actually get recognised and taken notice of.

Hopefully if they can get more larger tournaments on the TV then people will start taking notice, which is one reason I really relish the majors.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:

Well this is the only problem, there aren't enought televised events to really showcase the other players, I've noticed that in the sport it takes a good run in the UK, Masters or Worlds for a player to actually get recognised and taken notice of.

Hopefully if they can get more larger tournaments on the TV then people will start taking notice, which is one reason I really relish the majors.

i watch qualifiers on stream and i notice how exciting players we hardly get to see are but thats the problem if the TV Shows Ronnie, Davis, White, higgins, williams all the time.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:i watch qualifiers on stream and i notice how exciting players we hardly get to see are but thats the problem if the TV Shows Ronnie, Davis, White, higgins, williams all the time.

Yep, if you have to go looking for good players then they'll never be as big as top players, let's just hope Hearn concentrates on getting more larger tournaments onto ITV, Sky etc. that's what's really needed.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:i watch qualifiers on stream and i notice how exciting players we hardly get to see are but thats the problem if the TV Shows Ronnie, Davis, White, higgins, williams all the time.

Yep, if you have to go looking for good players then they'll never be as big as top players, let's just hope Hearn concentrates on getting more larger tournaments onto ITV, Sky etc. that's what's really needed.

no that's thinking small sod the British market that's small fry.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:

The tournaments don't have to be in UK, do them overseas as long as we get them televised here that's all that matters. I think of what Hearn has done with Darts, loads of overseas tournaments broadcasted in this country too, and it's massive.

Postby Wildey

Jack Lisowski 2-4 James Wattana
Martin O’Donnell 2-2 Jimmy White
Tom Ford 4-1 Andrew Higginson
Daniel Wells 3-1 Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman 2-2 Elliot Slessor
Dominic Dale 2-1 Chris Norbury
David Gilbert 3-1 Li Yan
Alan McManus 3-0 Mohamed Khairy
Barry Pinches 1-1 Allister Carter
Ricky Walden 2-1 Passakorn Suwannawat
Ronnie O’Sullivan v Lyu Haotian
Ryan Day 0-1 Adam Duffy
Anthony McGill 0-0 Dave Harold

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:

The tournaments don't have to be in UK, do them overseas as long as we get them televised here that's all that matters. I think of what Hearn has done with Darts, loads of overseas tournaments broadcasted in this country too, and it's massive.

they are televised here on eurosport in total about 23 tournaments

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:
mantorok wrote:

they are televised here on eurosport in total about 23 tournaments

They aren't major events though, and don't get me started about Eurosports tacky fragmented coverage.

Postby Wildey

yes they are Major event every one of them

chinese events are growing all the time and soon could be overtaking the UK and masters in terms of prize money prestige.

yes eurosport has their faults but christ in the 80s during the so called Golden period seeing Live snooker on ITV and the BBC were rarities. they didn't even show Finals Live there's more Live Snooker being shown now than Ever before by a Country mile on TV.

Postby Wildey

mantorok wrote:
Wildey wrote:yes they are Major event every one of them

Not all of them, you can't count the TC events as majors.

TC?