Post a reply

Re: Bluebell Wood Open (European Tour 3) Discussion !!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Fortunately we don't have to wait a couple of months before we can watch Ronnie play again, he entered the next PTC event taking place next week.

It's the Paul Hunter Classic right? Love that place. Nice crowd and nice atmosphere. :hatoff:
Germany is a really great place for Snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Fortunately we don't have to wait a couple of months before we can watch Ronnie play again, he entered the next PTC event taking place next week.

It's the Paul Hunter Classic right? Love that place. Nice crowd and nice atmosphere. :hatoff:

Yes, and it's televised. Feels like a ranking event actually.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Peter Lines 4-1 Ronnie O’Sullivan

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,get in there!!,nice one Peter,"i,m lovin i"!!!!.

Ronnie

I didn't know Peter Line was Scottish? :chin:

W all know why he's so happy about him losing :john:

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Yes, and it's televised. Feels like a ranking event actually.

And we have good memories, like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgZ6PBDCGQ

Postby Andre147

Yeah, have you read that topic i created here about Ronnie's quote today regarding what he's playing this season? No surprises there, it's the events most of us expected him to turn up.

Here's the article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... ?ico=sport^headlines
Last edited by Andre147 on 16 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,get in there!!,nice one Peter,"i,m lovin i"!!!!.

Ronnie

I didn't know Peter Line was Scottish? :chin:

You know why he's so upset with Ronnie? After Ronnie won his 5th World Title he's scared Hendry's record might be in danger after all.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yeah, have you read that topic i created here about Ronnie's quote today regarding what he's playing this season? No surprises there, it's the events most of us expected him to turn up.

Link?

EDIT: Thanks

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yeah, I would love him to enter the International Championship as well, his schedule looks a bit too "European" so far.

The event he really should have entered was the new Indian open as it's totally new and with a World Champ like him in it would certainly boost snooker there, but the Internacional Champs it's big money and he could at least play 1 event in China, but that's up to him to decide as we all know how' he's like with chinese tourneys.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:Will he play in the Premier League? I would be surprised , if not. Premier League is a perfect tournament for him, in every aspect.

The Premier League doesn't exist anymore. It's been replaced by the CoC, which ROS is playing in.

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:The International is the only one of the four majors he hasn't won yet. So I'd like him to enter it to try and complete the full set.

Don't know if can be called a major after just one year. Anyway him not winning doesn't devalue his achievements, just like Reardon and Spencer never winning the UK doesn't stop them being considered greats.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yeah, I would love him to enter the International Championship as well, his schedule looks a bit too "European" so far.

The event he really should have entered was the new Indian open as it's totally new and with a World Champ like him in it would certainly boost snooker there, but the Internacional Champs it's big money and he could at least play 1 event in China, but that's up to him to decide as we all know how' he's like with chinese tourneys.

Yes that would have helped that tournament a lot, but that was never gonna happen unfortunately. I hope he just turns up in China at least once, his status as World Champion demands that.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Jewell wrote:The International is the only one of the four majors he hasn't won yet. So I'd like him to enter it to try and complete the full set.

Don't know if can be called a major after just one year. Anyway him not winning doesn't devalue his achievements, just like Reardon and Spencer never winning the UK doesn't stop them being considered greats.

Exactly, the IC might be considered as a 4th Major in a few years time though.

And like Skull said TR the PM doesn't exist anymore, CoC is the new tourney with all the previous season tournament winner's.

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss,get in there!!,nice one Peter,"i,m lovin it"!!!!.

Ronnie

I didn't know Peter Line was Scottish?

You know why he's so upset with Ronnie? After Ronnie won his 5th World Title he's scared Hendry's record might be in danger after all.

Emm,Ronnie has <just> 2 more to go and thats <just> to equal Hendrys World titles record,and he,s got <just> another 11 titles to win and he,s got to reach <just> another 21 finals to even <just> equal Hendrys haul,so plenty o work for Ronnie i,m afraid!. <laugh>

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa,verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry funny Snooker Overdrive,if you have,nt taken account,i,ll tell you,even though i,ve written it on this forum many,many times,i don,t just support the Scottish players,there are some non-scottish players i root for,like,root,rooooooot!.

Jeez,sum o ya Ronnie fans are such a bunch o sour,rotten plums,one more sour,rotten than the other,how dare anyone say a bad word bout ronnie,or shout out with joy when Ronnie loses,hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!.

Up yours,Ronnie lost,i,m off to celebrate,or is,nt that allowed neither!,you along with the other rotten Ronnie plumheads aint gonna spoil my party,now tattie bye,keep munchin your sour,rotten plums!. :wave:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 16 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Will he play in the Premier League? I would be surprised , if not. Premier League is a perfect tournament for him, in every aspect.

The Premier League doesn't exist anymore. It's been replaced by the CoC, which ROS is playing in.

Oh, sry. Here you see, I'm not at current State :john:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Yes that would have helped that tournament a lot, but that was never gonna happen unfortunately. I hope he just turns up in China at least once, his status as World Champion demands that.

<ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:

Correct. You can't just create a tournament somewhere, put a lot of money in it and all of sudden a new major is created. It doesn't work like that. A major has to have tradition, a rich history or at least a longer format or an special venue.

Postby Wildey

Last 16
Mark Williams v Pankaj Advani
Steve Davis v Marco Fu
Anthony Hamilton v Ding Junhui
Jimmy Robertson v Vinnie Calabrese
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Maguire v Peter Lines
James Wattana/Shaun Murphy v Tom Ford
David Gilbert v Ricky Walden
Mark Allen/Joe Swail v Rod Lawler/John Higgins

Postby Skullman

Jewell wrote:
Wrong.

Remember that events like the World Championships, UK etc all had to start somewhere. Importantly though they had the perception of being big events and so they were embraced immediately by the players and public.

Were they? Just out of interest how would you know? I think the 70s snooker scene is just a little before our times.