Post a reply

Re: Bluebell Wood Open (European Tour 3) Discussion !!

Postby Skullman

fridge46 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
fridge46 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, does anybody here know when Ronnie last got beat by a player older than him?

Final of ET1 in June 2013 by John Higgins, who is about 7 months older than him

Not he final, but semis rather, other than Higgins, I think Fergal is the other one much older than Ronnie to beat him.

Ok, in that case, Peter Lines PTC 5, Round 2 (last 64), September 2011. Lines born 1969, Ronnie 1975

Was PTC5 before or after Shanghai? Because ROS also lost to Hamilton (born 1971) there.

Postby fridge46

Skullman wrote:
fridge46 wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
fridge46 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way, does anybody here know when Ronnie last got beat by a player older than him?

Final of ET1 in June 2013 by John Higgins, who is about 7 months older than him

Not he final, but semis rather, other than Higgins, I think Fergal is the other one much older than Ronnie to beat him.

Ok, in that case, Peter Lines PTC 5, Round 2 (last 64), September 2011. Lines born 1969, Ronnie 1975

Was PTC5 before or after Shanghai? Because ROS also lost to Hamilton (born 1971) there.

2011 Shanghai Masters: 5-11 September
2011 PTC 5: 21-25 September

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I'm guessing Wattana v Murphy will be the other match, as they're not on yet and Ford v Dale despite being further down the draw.

Day and Walden would be a good match too for the stream, but I guess they already started so Murphy and Wattana then.

Postby Wildey

Friday 16th of August

Approx 3.30pm

Liang Wenbo 4-2 Mike Dunn
Stephen Maguire 4-1 Xiao Guodong
David Grace 2-4 Peter Lines
Fergal O’Brien 1-4 Ronnie O’Sullivan
Ross Muir 3-4 James Wattana
Jimmy White 1-4 Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford 4-1 Chen Zhe
Andrew Norman 1-4 Dominic Dale

Postby Skullman

Gilbert beats McManus 4-2 to set up a rematch with Gould.

That would've been another good stream choice. Like buses. Some sessions there aren't very many good match ups and this time we've got far good matches than streams.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Jewell wrote:I see the handbags were out in full force earlier. rofl

Yeah you missed all the fun Jewel with that retard posting retarded things about his beloved Hendry... Anyway, he's gone now and normality is restored.

The truth hurts dunnit Andre147,you can call me a "retard" or whatever you want,it doesn,t chance the facts!.

Now if you don,t mind,i,ve said what i wanted to on the matter,lets move on,unless you wanna join your Ronnie sour grapers bandwagon and keep goin on and on about it. <laugh>

Wildey said,lets move on,so lets do just that,end of.

Nice win for Wattana by the way,still can win the odd match here and there after all these years,yep,without a doubt he,s the greatest ever thai snooker player. :happy:

Postby Skullman

It's not like he has any serious competition. Players like TT and Thepchaiya are decent but are only players other qualifiers want to avoid and have never even got close to threatening to win an event.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:In no time at all Ronnie trails 2 nil against Lines, as I said earlier, I think Lines can beat him like he did in that 2011 PTC.

It's not like ROS hasn't ever trailed 2-0 before.

I imagine it'll be like the match against Haotian. Lines will play well until 3-0 or 3-1, and then mistakes slip in and ROS suddenly starts punishing and then Lines can barely string a break together and ROS walks over him into the last 16.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:In no time at all Ronnie trails 2 nil against Lines, as I said earlier, I think Lines can beat him like he did in that 2011 PTC.

It's not like ROS hasn't ever trailed 2-0 before.

I imagine it'll be like the match against Haotian. Lines will play well until 3-0 or 3-1, and then mistakes slip in and ROS suddenly starts punishing and then Lines can barely string a break together and ROS walks over him into the last 16.

Yeah I know, just said that if Lines wins it'll be a repat of that result in the PTC

Nice ton from Ronnie, 2-1.

Postby Skullman

That said, I can't remember the last time I've seen Lines play as well as he's doing now.

He played decently to beat Mark Allen in Wuxi this season, but his breakbuilding was nowhere near as good as it is this match.

Postby Wildey

Friday 16th of August

Approx 5pm

Martin Gould 4-2 John J Astley
David Gilbert 4-2 Alan McManus
Allister Carter 1-4 Ricky Walden
Ryan Day 4-2 Anthony McGill
Mark Allen 4-2 Tony Drago
Matthew Stevens 1-4 Joe Swail
Liam Highfield 2-4 Rod Lawler
Aditya Mehta 0-4 John Higgins

Approx 7.30pm

Liang Wenbo 2-3 Stephen Maguire
Peter Lines 3-1 Ronnie O’Sullivan
James Wattana 0-0 Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford 4-2 Dominic Dale
Martin Gould 0-1 David Gilbert
Ricky Walden 3-0 Ryan Day
Mark Allen 1-0 Joe Swail
Rod Lawler 0-0 John Higgins

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah, he seems like one of the few players who aren't scared of Ronnie.

Well, it's only a small PTC Event and best of 7. At the World this would be extremely different. But don't want to relativize Peters performance. He is playing well.

Postby Andre147

Really really good performance from Lines, I don't think I've ever seen him play so well, scored very heavily and truly deserved this win, Ronnie didn't make many mistakes, his safety let him down though.

Lines :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Last 32

Liang Wenbo 2-3 Stephen Maguire
Peter Lines 4-1 Ronnie O’Sullivan
James Wattana 0-1 Shaun Murphy
Tom Ford 4-2 Dominic Dale
Martin Gould 0-1 David Gilbert
Ricky Walden 4-0 Ryan Day
Mark Allen 1-0 Joe Swail
Rod Lawler 0-0 John Higgins

there's no pressure playing a top player the pressure is when youu then expected to follow it through.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah, he seems like one of the few players who aren't scared of Ronnie.

Well, it's only a small PTC Event and best of 7. At the World this would be extremely different. But don't want to relativize Peters performance. He is playing well.

True. The shorter format always suits the underdog. Also there's little pressure in a PTC event and it's not televised.