Post a reply

Re: Asian Tour Event 1 Draw

Postby roy142857

Some players opening their season here, notably 2011 IBSF World Champion Hossein Vafaei Ayouri, who was turned down for a Visa for the UK but can play in China. Also opening their account in the Pro ranks for the season, Igor Figueiredo of Brazil, Cao Xinlong. Shi Hanqing and Jin Long

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Turned down for a UK visa?

I thought World Snooker were a bona fide sponsor?

the British government and red tape cobblers are a joke

Postby roy142857

Wildey wrote:

Too right.

I know you're against holding over matches to the venue Wild, but maybe an exception for Hossein Vafaei Ayouri in tournaments where the venue is in a country where he can play?

Edit: Meant to add, hoping he will or has re-applied and the link to the Olympic movement through the World Confederation of Billiard Sports which World Snooker is now part of will help ...

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Too right.

I know you're against holding over matches to the venue Wild, but maybe an exception for Hossein Vafaei Ayouri in tournaments where the venue is in a country where he can play?

Edit: Meant to add, hoping he will or has re-applied and the link to the Olympic movement through the World Confederation of Billiard Sports which World Snooker is now part of will help ...

my ideal scenario would be to hold over every match to the venue in china/asia even australia its stupid having players needing visa to play a tournament in their own country but i do realize that's unrealistic at present but yea when there's no alternative it has to be looked at its a real shame a sportsman is being held back by bureaucracy hammers in suites being tossers.