Post a reply

Re: Victoria Bulgarian Open (European Tour 1) Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:My last wish concerning Ronnie as a Ronniefan is that he beats Selby and Higgins in the same major tournament and wins the title, preferably with victories over Selby in the semi and Higgins in the final.

Oh that would be so so good :D :hatoff:

He badly needs a win against Higgins, even a PTC one to start wouldn't be bad, cause when he plays him it's like you said, when Federer plays Nadal, or Williams against Ronnie and so on..

As for Selby, it depends really, he has to dictate the pace of the match and try not to bog himsef down too much, easier said than done, but that's what he has to do really.

And meeting those 2 in the Worlds or even Uk hamps would be the icing on the cake.

Postby The Cueist

Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:But with Respect Hendry in the 90s did have up and coming players of the ilk of O'Sullivan, Williams, Higgins, Ebdon and Doherty to contend with. they were Tough mentally even back in the day

It's no coincidence that Hendry stopped dominating once players like Ronnie, Higgins, Williams etc got into their stride. But if you go back to the first half of the 90s, you'll find plenty of players flopping mentally against Hendry, with Jimmy White at the Crucible being a prime example of that.

It's not just Snooker though. This is something that happens in all sports.

its no coincident that Ronnie started winning World Championship Regularly once the standards dropped either <ok>

and Btw 90s players were stronger mentally than today.

You are such a cheapshot,Higgins won the worlds after a ban,Wow what an advocate for the game he is.

Ronnie has stayed away to taunt his ex missus ,Not because he was caught plotting to swindle snooker fans.

Still most of them characterless robots that are unfortunately more present in his absence would be right up your street.

You do show your ignorance and lack of in-depth understanding of interperonal reasons why people make the decisions they make.

Ronnie has hated being away from snooker you ignorant person.

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:But with Respect Hendry in the 90s did have up and coming players of the ilk of O'Sullivan, Williams, Higgins, Ebdon and Doherty to contend with. they were Tough mentally even back in the day

It's no coincidence that Hendry stopped dominating once players like Ronnie, Higgins, Williams etc got into their stride. But if you go back to the first half of the 90s, you'll find plenty of players flopping mentally against Hendry, with Jimmy White at the Crucible being a prime example of that.

It's not just Snooker though. This is something that happens in all sports.

its no coincident that Ronnie started winning World Championship Regularly once the standards dropped either <ok>

and Btw 90s players were stronger mentally than today.

You are such a cheapshot,Higgins won the worlds after a ban,Wow what an advocate for the game he is.

Ronnie has stayed away to taunt his ex missus ,Not because he was caught plotting to swindle snooker fans.

Still most of them characterless robots that are unfortunately more present in his absence would be right up your street.

You do show your ignorance and lack of in-depth understanding of interperonal reasons why people make the decisions they make.

Ronnie has hated being away from snooker you ignorant person.

WARNING

what Higgins did is in the Past now drop it im sick to death of people bringing that up every bloody time now drop it

and any more taking swipes at me ill be issuing you with a ban

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:<doh> Power crazy as well as too blind to see things as they are.
Is power delusion? :irk:

no its called ridding this site of parasites that is beginning to really annoy us as mods.

now drop it or ill drop you

Postby Muppet147

The Cueist wrote:<doh> Power crazy as well as too blind to see things as they are.
Is power delusion? :irk:

Careful. You may push our thin-skinned friend over the edge... :-)

I agree with your points, however. I usually root for Higgins to lose - not because of the scandal, but because he is very boring. However, when he plays Selby or Robbo, I usually hope he'll win!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Well done Higgins, I guess. I couldn't watch the final but I presume John played like he did against Ronnie in the last 3 frames - pretty much flawless snooker.

You all know I'm not a fan of Higgins but I have to say in all my years watching snooker, I never saw a player that combined such quality and determination in one person.

I wrote after the World Championship this year that Higgins might be spurred on by Ronnie's 5th just like Ronnie was spurred on by his 4th. And I think this certainly is the case. I don't know whether Higgins will win another World Title but today showed that we can't write him off anytime soon.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Higgins, I guess. I couldn't watch the final but I presume John played like he did against Ronnie in the last 3 frames - pretty much flawless snooker.

You all know I'm not a fan of Higgins but I have to say in all my years watching snooker, I never saw a player that combined such quality and determination in one person.

I wrote after the World Championship this year that Higgins might be spurred on by Ronnie's 5th just like Ronnie was spurred on by his 4th. And I think this certainly is the case. I don't know whether Higgins will win another World Title but today showed that we can't write him off anytime soon.

Yes he is indeed an amazing player and in this sort of form definately a contender for Major titles. But form comes and goes, just like last season afetr his amazing Shanghai win he did nothing for the rest of the season.

Hoping Ronnie and Higgins play in more events and Ronnie ends this losing streak and gain some confidence when he faces him, a player he has the upmost respect along with Hendry. :hatoff:

Postby Muppet147

Jewell wrote:This was one of the rare ocassions when I wanted Robertson to win. It's a pity there had to be a winner at all.

I was glad Robbo lost - especially as it probably reduced GJ to a sobbing wreck! :-)

If they somehow both could have lost, that would have been perfect.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:I'm not sure if Ronnie has any more hunger and will to win more Andre. He did the highest thing in snooker by defending a World Title after beeing a year out. He did more than enough in this game. After reading his statements the last couple of weeks I think, he only plays for fun and to earn a little bit more money.

But the good thing is. He can be very freed and play his best snooker because he doesn't have this high pressure to achieve anymore. Not like a Selby,Trump,Ding or Maguire at example , who all want to win their first World title very badly.

I don't think he will lack motivating. At least not at the Crucible. Hendry's unreachable record is all of a sudden in his grasp. I think he cares about achievements more than you might think. Otherwise he wouldn't have won as much as he has so far.

But from a fan's point of view I'm more than happy with Ronnie's career achievements even if the 2013 World Title would prove to be his last. After 2008 I said to myself I would be happy with 5, everything else is bonus and the icing of the cake now.

Postby The Cueist

Muppet147 wrote:
Jewell wrote:This was one of the rare ocassions when I wanted Robertson to win. It's a pity there had to be a winner at all.

I was glad Robbo lost - especially as it probably reduced GJ to a sobbing wreck! :-)

If they somehow both could have lost, that would have been perfect.

rofl

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I'm not sure if Ronnie has any more hunger and will to win more Andre. He did the highest thing in snooker by defending a World Title after beeing a year out. He did more than enough in this game. After reading his statements the last couple of weeks I think, he only plays for fun and to earn a little bit more money.

But the good thing is. He can be very freed and play his best snooker because he doesn't have this high pressure to achieve anymore. Not like a Selby,Trump,Ding or Maguire at example , who all want to win their first World title very badly.

I don't think he will lack motivating. At least not at the Crucible. Hendry's unreachable record is all of a sudden in his grasp. I think he cares about achievements more than you might think. Otherwise he wouldn't have won as much as he has so far.

But from a fan's point of view I'm more than happy with Ronnie's career achievements even if the 2013 World Title would prove to be his last. After 2008 I said to myself I would be happy with 5, everything else is bonus and the icing of the cake now.

Yeah you make a good point that despite him saying several times he doesn't care about records, I also think those same records inspire him somehow, that interview Steve Davis, his idol in his youth and indeed still is, gave with Ronnie in the Worlds 2012 before the final I think it was just proves that he cares about those those records, even though he doesn't believe he can surpass Hendry's record cause in his own words he lacks the motivation he had, and that's probably right I guess.

But yeah I'm too happy with his career, but given he still has a good 2 or 3 years left in him at the very top until he reaches 40 he should make the most of that and win some more titles

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Well done to johnny bhoy!! Hopefully grab a couple more this season but doubt the worlds. Nice to see the old guard still dominating :)

Do you think Higgins will win another World Title?

For me, I think he will win one more, but it all depends on the draw and how he plays in the earlier rounds. Usually when he starts well he ends up winning it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Well done to johnny bhoy!! Hopefully grab a couple more this season but doubt the worlds. Nice to see the old guard still dominating :)

For me, I think he will win one more, but it all depends on the draw and how he plays in the earlier rounds. Usually when he starts well he ends up winning it.

It's funny that in the first event of the new season we're already talking about the last event, isn't it? <laugh>

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I haven't been watching much snooker lately but I don't think so. If not this year then defo not. Still good enough for a lesser major thou.

Postby TheRocket

When we talk about streaks. Do you think that Ronnie is sick of keeping to lose against Higgins or does he not even care? I mean, look, how hard he tried it against Trump when Trump managed him to beat 3 times in a row. Ronnie wanted to beat him very badly and he did.
But when I saw the match today I didn't see a hungry and motivated Ronnie who is obsessed to end this ugly streak. I just saw a man who gave up after the 2:2.

I can only speak for my personal life. I often play table tennis or pool with my friends for fun but even then I hate nothing more than to lose and if I lose against the same person 2 times or more in a row I'm getting extremely obsessed and agressive and give 150 % next time to beat this man. And I don't even play for money. But I play for my honour. I want to win everything. That's what Stephen Hendry thought and did in his best years. He was obsessed to beat the rubbish out of his opponents.

But I don't see this obsession in Ronnies face when he plays against Higgins. Even today he looked like he was already beaten when he entered the arena and he walked like a scared rabbit around the table while Higgins was full of self confidence. Where was the aura of Ronnie?

Ronnie needs to grow some balls. Unworthy for a player of his calibre to fear someone.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It's funny that in the first event of the new season we're already talking about the last event, isn't it? <laugh>

Yeah still a LOT LOT of tournies left before we even think about that, but one things is for certain that this are early good signs from him.

A pity those good signs ended up being with Ronnie losing though :irk:

Postby TheRocket

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Iv thought for years now that Higgins is the only player on tour that can beat an in form ros, maybe now with exception of selby.

I agree but the sad thing (for the Ronniefans) is that Ronnies last good match against Higgins was 7 or 8 years ago.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:When we talk about streaks. Do you think that Ronnie is sick of keeping to lose against Higgins or does he not even care? I mean, look, how hard he tried it against Trump when Trump managed him to beat 3 times in a row. Ronnie wanted to beat him very badly and he did.
But when I saw the match today I didn't see a hungry and motivated Ronnie who is obsessed to end this ugly streak. I just saw a man who gave up after the 2:2.

I can only speak for my personal life. I often play table tennis or pool with my friends for fun but even then I hate nothing more than to lose and if I lose against the same person 2 times or more in a row I'm getting extremely obsessed and agressive and give 150 % next time to beat this man. And I don't even play for money. But I play for my honour. I want to win everything. That's what Stephen Hendry thought and did in his best years. He was obsessed to beat the donkey doo out of his opponents.

But I don't see this obsession in Ronnies face when he plays against Higgins. Even today he looked like he was already beaten when he entered the arena and he walked like a scared rabbit around the table while Higgins was full of self confidence. Where was the aura of Ronnie?

Ronnie needs to grow some balls. Unworthy for a player of his calibre to fear someone.

Yeah you're like me too, I have the upmost respect for my opponent but hate losing too, and consecutive defeats adds to that.

Like I said earlier, Ronnie sometimes lacks the motivation a Hendry or Davis had in their prime, his own words, but yeah a player of his calibre, the same with Williams I guess when he faces him, doesn't do them justice given their reputation in the game.

I'm sure if Ronnie meets Higgins a few more times in the future he'll eventually win and start having some confidence. As for Trump, Judd plays almost the same game as him, so in a way it's easier for him to be motivated, whereas Higgins is a more methodical player.

In their head to heads, Ronnie still leads, but only just and Higgins is fast approaching.

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:When we talk about streaks. Do you think that Ronnie is sick of keeping to lose against Higgins or does he not even care? I mean, look, how hard he tried it against Trump when Trump managed him to beat 3 times in a row. Ronnie wanted to beat him very badly and he did.

I can only speak for my personal life. I often play table tennis or pool with my friends for fun but even then I hate nothing more than to lose and if I lose against the same person 2 times or more in a row I'm getting extremely obsessed and agressive and give 150 % next time to beat this man. And I don't even play for money. But I play for my honour. I want to win everything. That's what Stephen Hendry thought and did in his best years. He was obsessed to beat the rubbish out of his opponents.

Maybe he was extremely competitive earlier when the streak was only two or three matches and when Higgins kept winning, he lost that drive?

Or maybe he's so unused to good players actually putting up a fight and he can't deal with it anymore?