Post a reply

Re: Victoria Bulgarian Open (European Tour 1) Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:Ronnie is in a nice place in knowing he can miss tournaments without the fear of his form or Ranking dropping that much because when he plays he can turn it on and get the points that's needed.

He is. But I hope he plays a lot this season because he has to capitalize from his confidence and form and convert it into titles before it's too late. He certainly can beat Steve's 28 ranking titles record if he wants to in no time.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:SO, a possible match with Higgins in the semis.. hey haven't played for a little while.. how you see that one coming if Higgins comes through? (Ronnie we already knew he would :-D )

Ronnie will beat him <cool> :-)

Hope so, but their recent encounters makes me doubt a little bit, as in rankers Ronnie actually I think has only managed to beat him once or twice over the past 10 years since 2003.

Higgins likely to come through now he leads 3-1 and don't think he'll waste his chances.

Yes but Ronnie has vastly improved since Higgins had that winning streak over him in 2009-2011.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Neil Robertson 3-1 Jimmy Robertson
Scott Donaldson 1-2 Barry Hawkins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins 3-1 Fergal O’Brien
Mark Williams 0-4 Ronnie O’Sullivan

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:SO, a possible match with Higgins in the semis.. hey haven't played for a little while.. how you see that one coming if Higgins comes through? (Ronnie we already knew he would :-D )

Hope so, but their recent encounters makes me doubt a little bit, as in rankers Ronnie actually I think has only managed to beat him once or twice over the past 10 years since 2003.

Higgins likely to come through now he leads 3-1 and don't think he'll waste his chances.

Yes but Ronnie has vastly improved since Higgins had that winning streak over him in 2009-2011.

But sometimes Form vanishes when faced with someone that has the measure of you

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah and against Selby and Higgins especially even an in form Ronnie can be beaten as the mental side when he faces those 2 becomes very important.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Centuries everywhere in the quarters. Two from Robbo, one from Jimmy Robbo, one from Higgins and Barry Hawkins has just had one.

This PTC is proving one of the highest in quality of play we've seen.

Hope it's a good sign for the rest of the season.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

That's what makes the match interesting, doesn't it? John certainly won't be walkover like Williams.

But I would be very surprised if Ronnie all of a sudden starts to show nerves only because it's Higgins.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:in the Semi Finals we will have players that's won the World Title for the last 7 years and the Current Runner up.

Cant be Bad for a PTC .

Higgins and Hawkins haven't won yet.

Yes and Fergal is well capable of turning things around, but i still expect Higgins to come through.

Postby Wildey

Quarter Finals
Neil Robertson 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
Scott Donaldson 1-3 Barry Hawkins
John Higgins 3-2 Fergal O’Brien

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wildey wrote:in the Semi Finals we will have players that's won the World Title for the last 7 years and the Current Runner up.

Cant be Bad for a PTC .

Higgins and Hawkins haven't won yet.

yea i know im still hoping for Scott but it looks very tough from there

Postby Wildey

Sunday 9th of June

11am

Quarter Finals
Neil Robertson 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
Scott Donaldson 1-4 Barry Hawkins
John Higgins 4-2 Fergal O’Brien

2pm

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson v Barry Hawkins
John Higgins v Ronnie O’Sullivan Eurosport

6pm

Final
Neil Robertson/Barry Hawkins v John Higgins/Ronnie O’Sullivan

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Looking forward to Ronnie thrashing Higgins and Hawkins humiliating the over-rated Aussie.

So it should be a repeat of the world final. That would be cool!

buck sakes give it a rest they will have i was for ever over rated on your grave stone.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:C'mon Honest John! :D

his name is John Higgins, Higgins, John, Higgo even the wizard he is not called honest John lets keep that crap from the site please.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:jesus how many chances is john going to give ronnie

You can easily say that for Ronnie too. After Ronnie pot the first red I thought this would be a straight forward clearance because the reds were in perfect position.

Postby Wildey

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson 0-1 Barry Hawkins
John Higgins 0-1 Ronnie O’Sullivan