Post a reply

Re: Victoria Bulgarian Open (European Tour 1) Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has a big mental barrier when playing against Higgins. Like Mark Williams has against Ronnie or if we take another example. Like Roger Federer has against Rafael Nadal.
Everyone sees it. No matter how brillant Ronnie has played a round before. When it comes against Higgins he starts to lose the thread, misses sitters and makes only 30 breaks.

Ronnie needs a victory over Higgins as soon as possible. Otherwise this string will move on.

I agree. I hope Ronnie plays Higgins as soon as possible again. O'Sullivan missed every ball after that unfortunate incident in the 3. frame.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 9th of June

2pm

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson 3-3 Barry Hawkins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins 4-2 Ronnie O’Sullivan

6pm

Final
Neil Robertson/Barry Hawkins v John Higgins

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has a big mental barrier when playing against Higgins. Like Mark Williams has against Ronnie or if we take another example. Like Roger Federer has against Rafael Nadal.
Everyone sees it. No matter how brillant Ronnie has played a round before. When it comes against Higgins he starts to lose the thread, misses sitters and makes only 30 breaks.

Ronnie needs a victory over Higgins as soon as possible. Otherwise this string will move on.

I agree. I hope Ronnie plays Higgins as soon as possible again. O'Sullivan missed every ball after that unfortunate incident in the 3. frame.

:irk: Gutted for Ronnie really.. 3 nil and it would have been virtually game over given how Higgins was playing.. BUT, as I said at the time, I really thought that foul would prove to be the turning point in the 3rd frame, Higgins didn't miss one ball after that whereas Ronnie missed all of them.

Nevermind, just hope Ronnie plays in more events and draws Higgins to get his revenge after so many recent losses.

Postby TheRocket

Muppet147 wrote:Well, it's only a tinpot tournament so not that bothered that Ronnie lost. Hope the 'orrible Aussie loses too.

It's a tinpot tournament but the nonstop defeats against Higgins will hurt Ronnie. Ronnie himself knows the rumour going on that he can't play against Higgins. And today he just proved one more time.
As I said. He needs very badly a victory over Higgins as soon as possible. Even if it is a PTC.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Did Robertson make a big fist pump?

This time he didn't, what he did make was a ton in the decider :hatoff:

He wins 4-3 after 3 nil down.. :hatoff:

Hoping he now beats Higgins in the final :-D

Postby Wildey

Sunday 9th of June

2pm

Semi Finals
Neil Robertson 4-3 Barry Hawkins
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John Higgins 4-2 Ronnie O’Sullivan

6pm

Final
Neil Robertson v John Higgins

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Overall this tournament was a success for Ronnie. He turned up, he had the right attitude, made a couple of centuries and reached the semi final. Not bad.

Yeah that's the way we have to look at it, but still his streak of recent losses against Higgins hurt a lot more whereas had he faced another opponent in the semi and lost wouldn't have been so bad, but anyway..

Like I said, hope he plays in more events and gets his revenge on Higgins, a Major match encounter would be even more tasty.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'm sure, Robertson will win. Robertson are like Williams a player who fears Ronnie more than Higgins.
And Robertson always looked good against Higgins. I expect him to win.

I expect a decider to be honest, and in that one I give the advantage to Robbo as recently Higgins hasn't been good in deciders.

Should be a cracking final, hopefully with Robbo winning it. :-D