Topic locked

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Ronnie O'Sullivan v Barry Haw

Postby Blavdes

I feel excited, but the sick in the stomach kind of excited because Hawkins is going to be a 'mare to navigate not to mention whoever Ron could face in the final is a massive pain in the bottom. The form the other 3 are showing has me really wondering who will win, but don't think I could bare it if Selby won, obviously, or the Aussie dancing around the table. That only leaves boring Barry. Meh come on RONNIE!

Postby mantorok

So the real question is has Ronnie been saving himself for the real test(s) ahead? First few frames are going to be quite key IMO, he hasn't looked sharp, only in bursts, Perry pushed him, Murphy bored him, and Hawkins will certainly be up for it.

I'm not making any predicitions but it wouldn't surprise me either way if it was close or a steam-roller to be fair, Ronnie is not being contested by opponents he hasn't beaten before, and I think that might be important at this stage.

Postby mantorok

Everyone remember Ronnie going 5-0 down to Graham Dott in 2004? It's funny, but that didn't seem to worry me for a bit, I knew he'd fight back and take the title regardless, and that was before he was this mentally strong.

Yet now, he goes 2-0 or 3-0 down or 2 behind and we all start panicking lol

From now on I'm going to be 2004 again and start having some faith in this mans ability, he's now surrounded by some of the very best in the game, none of this weak draw cr@p, this is the real test and hopefully will determine the true test of his capability.

It's so nice not to have the semi finals consisting 3/4 of no-hopers...

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The semi finals are here!

Ronnie has won his 6 last 4 session matches, so I'm confident it will 7 on Saturday.

Yeah me too, Ronnie needs to be on his game though, but I think he will, and yeah 4 session can only help Ronnie even more if for instance he has a bad session.

Bring it on :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think both Barry and Ronnie haven't quite played as well as last year so far. So I'm not expecting fireworks we saw 12 months ago. Should be an interesting, open game nonetheless.

Yeah you make a good point, but I'm sure it will be a much better match than Ronnie v Judd at the same stage last year.. everyone expecting fireworks but both didn't deliver.

This will surely be a better contest, might not be to standard as in the Final, but that would be very hard to top wouldn't it...

Postby freakmoomin

I honestly think Ronnie can win this year with his B game, he wasnt far away from his B game last year. Its a real sad state that snooker is in at the moment.

Taking nothing away from Ronnie as he is just unbelievable but young guys should be coming through and thrashing the older players. A young Hendry, ROS, Higgins or williams would have ran riot the last 5 years.

ROS almost guaranteed a final place.